IRAN - IRAQ (asia cup)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    Yeah yeah, a freekick accidently going in after a bad performance suddenly makes Mobali a new Maradona who should always have played. Everyone knows he can execute setpieces, so no newsflash here. He's still Homer Simpson and he's still overrated by some.

good for you.
    btw, next time you come across the fool who said "mobaali is the new maradona", do me a favor and give him a slap coz that's what the fool deserves for such an idiotic comment.

as for whether mobaali was good or bad, my reply is there in the asia cup forum. ppl can decide for themselves
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=92424&page=5

but what's astounding is that in the same breath that you say "mobaali was bad", you say "nekounam was great"!!!! ... in the very same sentence!! hahahahaha
    nice one.

Comment

Please, Mobali played the ball right into the foot of an Iraqi a half dozen times, without even having pressure and great passing options being available. I don't know why some people rate turnovers as unimportant, in Europe he'd been subbed out after 30 mins.

If you downloaded the game, look at minute 17 as example, instead of playing a striaght pass to the left wing he crosses the ball 6 meters wide of the teammate right to an Iraqi there. It's idiotic, I don't know why he is constantly making such decisions. Noone doubts he has the technique to play great passes and crosses, but he often simply makes the stupiest decision imaginable.

It's almost a miracle you don't see such scenes and that they don't make you want to smash the screen out of anger. I get angry about 30 times oer TM match, and when Mobali's on the field, he's involved in about 30% of those scenes. So I don't like him, he's making me angry.

You can't even compare him to Nekounam, one of Asia's best midfielders of the past decades.

Comment

1- did you even read my post (link already provided)?

2- secondly, "best mid in asia" is one thing. we're talking about what exactly our "best midfielder in asia" did aganst iraq on jan 11th 2011.

3- and mind you, there's a HUUUGGEEE difference between saying "X deserves to be in the final 23 squad" and "X is the new maradona".
        quite a chasm between the two

4- the closer you get to your own goal, the rate of errors or mis-passes MUST be reduced. by the same token, the more away or forward you are (or your post is), you are given more leniency in that.

that's why a defender is usually asked not to try complicated stuff or dribble or try some risky pass or ... , while an attacking midfielder or striker are in fact encouraged to try these more often. even if most of these dont result in anything fruitful.
        (how many playmakers, even in europe, can claim to have above 50% stats in having an assist or creating a danger/opportunity for their team?
        and we're not talking about robots like Xavi. I'm talking about the usual, above average european playmakers)

this is not to say mobaali didnt have mistakes. he did and as I have said, the new mobaali is nowhere near his potential and not adventurous enough. but when seen in relative terms, I'd say he had a far more useful and productive day than nekounam in this particular game (even without counting his goal)

Comment

No, didn't read it. You write too much, keep it short .

I'd recommend you to listen to your Ghotbi bash buddy Kaiser Amir, who concluded about Mobali after watching him against Iraq in the stadium:

Originally posted by Kaiser Amir
          - Iman Mobali was voted as the MVP of the match, but, in my opinion, he was the WORST player on the pitch. Yes! I know he was behind the 2nd goal, but you can’t play someone for over 80 minutes just because he is good at set-pieces. Starting Mobali over Hadadifar is a CRIME.
          - Teymourian and Rezaei were amazing! They ran for four players! They were all over the field. And Teymourian ran for Mobali as well, who was playing at walking-pace!

Comment

hahahaha .... az roobah porsidand shahedet kieh, goft domam!!! ( .. or is it "dombam"??? in all these years I've never noticed!)

it's like referring to you for views on mobaali.... or me on "british or italian football"
            lol. I didnt expect anything but that from him.
            nice try, though. I'll give a point, if only for your total dedication to put mobaali down

in fact I'd say ando ran a lot, not for covering for mobaali, who was one line ahead of him. but for the under-performing nekounam, who was alongside ando, but was not doing half as well.

as opposed to you using someone who is well known for his dislike of mobaali (perhaps second only to you ..... or vice versa. cant really make up my mind on this one), here's ali's post, who is clearly unbiased on many matters and certainly not biased towards mobaali:

Originally posted by Ali Chicago
            So I would like you to see the following stats about Mobali, maybe you revise your earlier statement about Mobali. Stats are from the afc site.

Top Three Iranian players (distance run)
            1-Teymoorian 11.10
            2- HajSafi 10.50 (same guy who everyone on PFDC thinks he ain't good enough)
            3- Mobali 10.39 (note he ran more than Nekoonam, Rezai)

Top Three Iranian players (Average Speed)
            1-Khalatbari 7.5 but he only played 22 mins
            2-Teymoorian 7.5
            3- Mobali 7.4 (note he ran faster than Nekoonam, Rezai)

In the number of Sprints he had 8
            1- Teymoorian 16
            2- Hajsafi 14
            3- Gholami, shojai 9
            4-Mobali 8

Mobali's only shortcoming was he was at times slowing the game down IMHO. But maybe that was part of the instruction that Ghotbi had given to him.

I don't have the stats for the number of crosses by him. Suffice to say on Aljazeera sport English broadcast (where I watched the game) comentator couldn't stop saying about the quality of the crosses by Mobali. He kept saying biggest mistake by Iraqis is the fact that they commit fouls near their box and Mobali crosses with Aghaili and Hosseini's heading ability will punish Iraq.

these are not ali's "views". these are stats released by asia's foremost football body. and I can vouch for his quoting the aljazeera experts gushing over mobaali's crossing ability and its dangers, throughout the game

hala, digeh khod daani

Comment

ladies and gentlemen of the jury,

1) let the stats show the midfielder with better percentage in passing correctly; mobaali ( with 50% accuracy ) & ando (with 45%)

let the stats show our la-liga superstars have as merely 45% (nekounam's) and a whopping 28% accuracy for shojaei!!

so among all the midfielders, we have mobaali as highest accuracy (50%) with the closest to him a whole 5% less, our la-liga star and the former EPL player.

2) let the stats also show mobaali had more contributions in our offensive plays as he also got 4 fouls committed on him, gaining us 4 freekicks (Neku had 2, ando had 1)
              while the more defensive mids like ando and nekounam had more interceptions (8 for neku, 3 for ando, and still 2 for mobaali)

so, in summation, player X has the best pass accuracy, significant contribution to the team's offense ( 2nd best in getting FK's as well as taking FK's & crosses ), 3rd best in average speed, 3rd best in longest distances run, 4th best in sprints (lets NOT even count the freaking GOAL scored ... coz that would be cause for even more embarrassment) .... and then we have "experts" here call it "shit" performance!!!!

Comment

^ Good find Doc., these numbers provide hard evidence which should prove the point. Strange that appearing in Europe seems to ruin some of our best players. The same happened to Karimi after Bayern Munich; he was amazing during the Asian Cup 2004, but after that took a steady downhill turn.
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

^ Shojaei was never better than this, it was only young kids and people who didn't know much about football who compared him to Karimi and even were so naive to claim that he was/would be better than Karimi due to his "poshte kar". Well, usually you need "poshte kar" when you don't have talents or brains to compensate. Not only in his case but you'll see this in people around you too: smart people are lazier, as they dong need to do much to achieve something that they want, and unfortunately this becomes a habit.

Karimi, was older, unmotivated as always and injured when he came back from Germany. He wasn't fast and fit to run 90 min (like he ever was) either. So instead of rushes and dribles he did something else he was/is great in: reading the game and passing. Karimi, even now, is one of the best (if not the best) players with great vision and passing abilities.

Unfortunatly our La Liga player, who many (the same people who claim to know something about football) here claimed would be better than Karimi can't even give 10 passes in one game! And let's not even mention that he can't dribble even Arabs any more, slows the pace of the game each time he receives the ball and is the slowest brainiac in our team (something people here wrongfully atribute to Mobali).

Comment

The stat looks fishy. How come the defenders have like 20% correct pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
                      The stat looks fishy. How come the defenders have like 20% correct pass?
                      Haji stats at least agrees with the stats that is posted in the www.the-afc.com

You can see the official stats by going to
                      http://the-afc.stats.com/acup/matchcast.html

Then select teams&players from the banner at the top. Next select IR Iran. The page shows up. Default display is current season at the top. Click and Select Squad. It will give the list of TM players. You can get stats on every single player. It has stats for each player and cumulative TM (i.e correct passses for Mobali not total passes though and cumulative Passes by the TM).

In that stats it only list the correct passes. Based on that stats Mobail did have 26 correct passes.
                      Last edited by Ali Chicago; 01-13-2011, 02:05 PM.
                      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                        Haji stats at least agrees with the stats that is posted in the www.the-afc.com
                        Actually, it doesn't. Thanks for the link BTW.

In AFC stat, there is no total passes and correct passes that DD made a statment out of it. And that was argument that D can not lose 80% of their balls.

Saying that, Shoajei's stat was very disapointing, only 9 passes.

Cheers,

Comment

Khalatbari had 9 passed too in 20 minutes.
                          No need to say that he drew a foul ended up to a goal.
                          Shojaei needs to be benched.

Comment

Actually, it doesn't. Thanks for the link BTW.
                            In AFC stat, there is no total passes and correct passes that DD made a statment out of it. And that was argument that D can not lose 80% of their balls.
                            Cheers,

Haji stats at the-afc isn't as comprehensive as what Payman (Dr. Doom) posted, but the afc-stats agress with Mobali having 26 correct passes. It seems stats at the the-afc.com lists only correct passes.
                            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                            sigpic

Comment

Cheers,

you DID notice the newspaper clipping I posted above this very page, right? that shd be quite self explanatory.

as for why the low rate of accuracy by defenders ... well going by record and what we've seen all those unnecessary lobs and hoofs by aghili/hosseini (which seems to be an integral part of ghotbi's tactics) sort of explains this low accuracy, as most of these hoofings end up with the opponent!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                                you DID notice the newspaper clipping I posted above this very page, right? that shd be quite self explanatory.
                                as for why the low rate of accuracy by defenders ... well going by record and what we've seen all those unnecessary lobs and hoofs by aghili/hosseini (which seems to be an integral part of ghotbi's tactics) sort of explains this low accuracy, as most of these hoofings end up with the opponent!
                                okh okh!

Comment

Working...
                                X