Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Adesorian Tactical Observations of TM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Adesorian Tactical Observations of TM.

After having watched our 2 games in Asian Cup, specially the N.Korea game for several times, I can draw the following tactical observation.

Positives:

Field stretching/space use:
    when with the ball TM is stretching and using the whole space on the field very well. specially the switch from left and right wing can be observed on several occassions.
    What I could see is few short passes between DMF and DF back and forth to tease opponents to come closer and then immediate wing switch to the other side which created space. This was conducted very well in N. Korea game specially.

Switch between Offence and Defence:
    when with the ballTM is stretching and using the whole space on the field very well.
    when we loose the ball, all midfield runs back to close those spaces again.
    This is something I was missing in TM since a long long time.

Possessions:
    players without the ball run quickly into possessions.
    What could be specially observed is that players had in many cases always more than one option to pass the ball, which means we stay closer to the ball holder and on the hand players on far right and far left run into possession for the wing switch.
    This way we managed to put opponents pressed back in their own half.

Blind Passes:
    I had many times the feeling we play a lot of quick blind passes when under pressure, which shows that those have been set, intentended, and pre-trained very well.

Passess into the penalty box.
    we did not play the ball in the opponents penalty as much as our opponents but whenever (mostly) we did, we had at leat 2 players in the box.
    Which means if one player cannot get his head or feet on the ball, the other one is there.
    also when we move to penalty box DMF pushes up and stays just behind the box for possible revert shots.

on the above points Ghotbi did a very well job!

Negatives/Improvement poinst:

Wing Defence:
    although thats not only the case of TM but all IPL clubs when play internationally, our players still dont defend/pay enough attention, when being attacked from the wings. Opponents always master to create spaces inside our box.
    To me it explains why Ghotbi put extra DMF to even run back in the box, but that needs to be improved. (and I trust the coaching stuff and players to improve them)

Accuracy:
    Our passes are not very accurate, which kills our good intended set-balls and blind passes. This has been an illness in our football for a while now, but still we play inaccurate passes. Hope any IPL coach who watch our game, puts in their mind to train the passing at club levels. This must be initiated at club levels for god sake.
    I have still hope we can improve some of this shortcomming with this squad.

PS: This thread is not intended to discuss any particular players performance etc... and I would appreciate if we would keep it that way.
    This thread intends to discuss group tactics and team movements, positionings. thanks
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Amoo gol gofti, especially about the DMF. Our weakest point has always been the wing defense. Somehow those spaces seem to be wide open every time our opponent crosses or even passes the ball there.
    This could cause troubles against S. Korea as they rely heavily on their wing play. Australia on the otherside wouldn't cause that much trouble on the wings, as they only have a right back/midfielder on their right wing and a CAM on their left wing who doesn't keep the field wide.
    Yet we have to improve our passing, as both both Australia and S. Korea are gonna put a lot of pressure on our defenders and midfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      Possessions:
      players without the ball run quickly into possessions.
      What could be specially observed is that players had in many cases always more than one option to pass the ball, which means we stay closer to the ball holder and on the hand players on far right and far left run into possession for the wing switch.
      This way we managed to put opponents pressed back in their own half.
      Blind Passes:
      I had many times the feeling we play a lot of quick blind passes when under pressure, which shows that those have been set, intentended, and pre-trained very well.
      we did not play the ball in the opponents penalty as much as our opponents but whenever (mostly) we did, we had at leat 2 players in the box.
      Which means if one player cannot get his head or feet on the ball, the other one is there.

Concise analysis ... Adesor jaan.....

Couple of issues regarding possession and Around the Box activities...

Positives : The German coach of IRAQ, after thier game against us, said, thier team's major problem against IRAN, was with " Retention " !!!, that is to say, Iranians took the ball away fast from Iraqis,and seldom gave it away....which speaks of better techniques of our players,and imposing thier will....

Negative : There are some major problems with TM players when they are in and around the opponanat's Box....

A= There are not any/or at least not enough ,shots from out side the Box.
      B= Lack of attack through the center of the Box, and attacks are mostly conducted from the wings.
      C= Lack of ball distributing/leader from Midfield to offense when close to opponanat's Box.

Comment

^
        thanks

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
        also when we move to penalty box DMF pushes up and stays just behind the box for possible revert shots.
        both goals versus UAE proved the above again. We play possessions very disciplined.

negative points in the first post still remain though....
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Maybe UAE is very weak and it isn't fair to Hosseini and Aghili, but Farshid Talebi today showed how starting the offense from defenders should look like. The man is a solid rock of confidence and boy it was a pleasure to watch him RULE the AIR.

What I am getting at is today we started the offense well from our defenders as well (compared to lobbing the long balls by Hosseini and Aghili). A positive.
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
          Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
          Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X