• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ very well, ali jan.
    whatever you say MUST be correct, then.
    I see no point going around in circles

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      Maybe its our Persian Culture (too polite etc etc)
      "chera mesle khar tooye gel mundin" ........... well German coaches, as I mentioned such as Werner Lorant etc would even shout at their players: "Ihr spielt Scheisse" ("You play Shit"). even our own Ali Parvin would get a little be further than this.... even my own coaches went further than this. Its not Ballet, its football, if you play shit, than you have to be told you play shit.
      AGAIN I highlight: I DONT SAY THAT IS A CORRECT APPROACH OR THE RIGHT THING TO SAY
      but its neither over the limit comparing to what other coaches say and do.
      i dont understand how ur comment was a response to my post?
      if u only meant it as a comment, i agree.

my point was, ghotbi didnt seem to know such expressions in farsi, so making this expression would sound like a rumour or hard to believe.
      he could have said something else which was impolite, but this expression doesnt sound like ghotbi
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Well I don't think any coach wants his team or his players to play bad, whether he is offensive or defensive minded. Not even Ghotbi!

Ghotbi had to be upset during the half time, cause it doesn't take any coaching experience to see that Iran was playing bad. And you can bet your last dime that what TM was doing wasn't something Ghotbi had in his mind!

BUT!!!!!!..........

Ghotbi had a game plan/tactic/system that didn't fit the players and had given players instruction which they couldn't follow!!! And that was his mistake. The fact that he wanted to play defensively (something most of us and especially DD "hate') doesn't mean he wanted to play bad and he surely didn't want to lose. He was just a bad/inexperienced coach to realize that his vision and tactics didn't fit the players he had at his service.

A coach isn't there (not a national team coach anyhow) to make players fit his vision and favorite formation, a good coach is there to come up with the best formation and game plan that fits his players.

ps: :mesle khar to gel gir kardin.......come on! it's men's football, not women's knitting competition.

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
          i dont understand how ur comment was a response to my post?
          if u only meant it as a comment, i agree.
          yes I meant it as a comment, I did not want to eat you, dont worry
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Ali jaan, this rumor actually makes it even worse for Ghotbi's case and his coaching abilities.

Ok let's say Ghotbi actually was angry about the 1st half performance and wanted a more offensive gameplay in the 2nd half. The fact that he miserably failed in this aspect shows his tactical incompetence as a coach. The 3 DM's who are all destructive type of players was a big reason to this. We had no creativity in midfield, no player who can actually hold on to the ball and make the transition to the offensive line and this gave the whole midfield to the Koreans.

The only change Ghotbi made was to bring in Heydari for Nosrati, but this didn't change anything in midfield where the main problem was.

If Ghotbi really was angry about the defensive display he should have made changes in midfield instead of holding on to the 3 destructive DM's, whom, according to the reports and interviews, he had told not to move forward that much and to focus on remaining on their spot for most of the time.

Had Ghotbi introduced a playmaker f.e, a more creative player in midfield and taken out one of the DM's I would have believed this theory a little bit. But the fact that he didn't really make any tactical changes shows me that he really was afraid or "spineless" ().

For example, I can't field up a 5-5-0 formation with 5 DM's in my team and then shout at them to play an offensive game, and then get angry at them when they fail to do so. Just like one can't field up a 1-2-7 formation and then demand his team to play a defensive game and then in half time when they have conceded 4 goals get angry at them and ask them why they conceded 4 goals.

Ghotbi can shout all he wants and "demand" an offensive game, but as long as his tactic and line-up proves otherwise, he has no ground to stand on.
            Last edited by Amin_; 02-18-2011, 04:04 PM.
            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
              Ali jaan, this rumor actually makes it even worse for Ghotbi's case and his coaching abilities.
              Ok let's say Ghotbi actually was angry about the 1st half performance and wanted a more offensive gameplay in the 2nd half. The fact that he miserably failed in this aspect shows his tactical incompetence as a coach. The 3 DM's who are all destructive type of players was a big reason to this. We had no creativity in midfield, no player who can actually hold on to the ball and make the transition to the offensive line and this gave the whole midfield to the Koreans.
              The only change Ghotbi made was to bring in Heydari for Nosrati, but this didn't change anything in midfield where the main problem was.
              If Ghotbi really was angry about the defensive display he should have made changes in midfield instead of holding on to the 3 destructive DM's, whom, according to the reports and interviews, he had told not to move forward that much and to focus on remaining on their spot for most of the time.
              Had Ghotbi introduced a playmaker f.e, a more creative player in midfield and taken out one of the DM's I would have believed this theory a little bit. But the fact that he didn't really make any tactical changes shows me that he really was afraid or "spineless" ().
              For example, I can't field up a 5-5-0 formation with 5 DM's in my team and then shout at them to play an offensive game, and then get angry at them when they fail to do so. Just like one can't field up a 1-2-7 formation and then demand his team to play a defensive game and then in half time when they have conceded 4 goals get angry at them and ask them why they conceded 4 goals.
              Ghotbi can shout all he wants and "demand" an offensive game, but as long as his tactic and line-up proves otherwise, he has no ground to stand on.
              Amin Jaan;

Please for 10 mins try to get this idea that 3 DM meaning all defense. Please remember Ando was the one who made the pass to Rezaie on the first goal against Iraq. Noorie was the one who made the pass for the goal against N. Korea. DM doesn't mean defending only. On the international level please look at Mirelese in Liverpool.

DM only means they must not forget about their defensive responsibilities. I think (in the hind sight now it is easy to say this or that), Ghotbi over estimated the Nekoo and Noorie's performance. Game was going as planned (despite the poor performance by our team). He brought Haydari for Nosrati, he kept Khaatbari. It is just Korea still was winning the midfield battles mostly.

Bottom line, Ghotbi thought Nekooname will come big this day (as any superstar and leader needs to which he didn't). I admit (in hindsight) his strategy of playing with 3 more defensive minded players gave Korea more breathing room. But I think his mistake was over estimating the abilities of Nekoo and P Noori and not making a change in the midfield despite seeing his initial estimation was right. That I can accept. He brought Shojaie and maybe was praying to gods for him to come big that dilay (like the friednly game in Seoul but he didn't). Although we all knew based on the past performance of the Shojaie in this tournament chances of him over-performing wasn't that high. Ghotbi made corrections late and it cost TM, himself and fans a lot, but if this rumor is right, it shows his initial plan wasn't to get there and defend all game (that is the only point of this thread).

This thread is an attempt to show Ghotbi's initial plan doesn't seem to be sit back and absorb all the pressure. Based on this so called comment during the half time, it seems he was expecting better performance from our team.
              "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
              Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
              Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X