Simply question 【Who is DM???】

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply question 【Who is DM???】

Branko removed Alavi,Kavianpour,and Kazemi.

Who is real Defensive Midfilder?
    Who can stop Deco or ZINHA?

Nekounam? No, he is attacking MF, He can't Chase,Sliding,etc...
    I have not seen him return to the defense line.
    Teymourian? No, he isn't specalist of defense.
    Yahya? Yes,he played before as DM in Asian cup games.
    But,Very,Very poor preformance.(slow,bad pass and so on)

Mexico has Pavel PARDO.
    Portugal has Francisco COSTINHA.
    They are good DM...Chase,Vision,Strategy and other defensive job.

Please tell me your Solution.Who is real Defensive Midfilder?
    My favorite Duo:Karimi & Kavianpour

Nekounam has been and will be the heart and sole of that defensive midfield. Brnko will line them up as he did in the WCQ. the only spot in question is the second midfielder. Alavi was dropped, so he is faced with the possibility of Jabari, Navidkia, zandi or karimi.

because Branko is an ultra conservative coach, he might even consider Bakhtiari zadeh to play the second DM spot. the problem then will be where do yo put Zandi.

I think , as I have said before, the second DM will determine the left offensive midfielder, if Zandi is not the second DM (along Nekounam) then he might have to sit on the bench, because the left offensive Midfielder spot will (unfortunately) be given to Hashemian, as it has been in the past.

When talking about the players and the formation, we must consider the fact that we will play with only Daie as the true Striker.

Comment

We orderd one from Mars, it will come in time.

Comment

Didn't Mobali used to play as DM in the Asian Cup or early WCQs? I remember he was subbed for Yahya and did a wonderful job distributing the ball around the field and moving the team forward.

Also I don't think Branko uses a DM in his 4-1-3-2 formation. Usually the 1 is Nekounam.
        sigpic

Comment

Nekounam always was and is our defensive midfielder. He is not an attacking midfielder, although he has offensive qualities.

I guess you're trying to promote your favourite player Pasha ...

Comment

nekounam is "placed" as a defensive midfielder, who does occasionally join in defense and defends.

that does not make him a natural DM.

for me, the ideal DM is france's Makelele.
            hard working, tough tackling, reads the game well, patient, tough, sacrificial ....
            many times I have thought zidane is zidane, becoz he has a makelele doing all the dirty jobs for him, and hands him the ball to do his magic.

take out such a tough and hard working DM, and players like zidane will have a tough time performing half their stuff.

nekounam is some of these, but not all.

------------

zandi?
            the only place zandi is good for is in the center of midfield, where he has to be playmaker or attack.
            but over there, we have karimi who is far better and useful than him.
            he cant defend to save his own skin !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
              Nekounam always was and is our defensive midfielder. He is not an attacking midfielder, although he has offensive qualities.
              I guess you're trying to promote your favourite player Pasha ...
              Haha Martin jan,Yeah,I pray it. But I know Pasha didn't play some weeks from Injury now.

What I want to say is ... Someone should stop Enemy's keyman by dirty foul In a severe match.
              I thought that Alavi did this role.But,Branko remove him.

Please recall it. Neither Hashemian nor Zandi in the TM.
              Kavian or Alavi were next to Nekounam.

(4-2-3-1)
              -------Kavian----Nekounam----
              -----Kia-----Karimi------Vahedi---
              -------------Daei

And then,Branko bring Hashe and Zandi to the team.

-----Nekounam---Zandi
              ---Kia-----Karimi----Hashemian
              ------------Daei

And, they moved to an original position.

(4-1-3-2)
              ------------Nekounam
              ----Kia------karimi-------Zandi
              --------Daei--------Hashemian

Here is a problem. DM has decreased from two DM to one DM. And, Branko promised them(Heshe,Zandi) the starting eleven.Because he persuaded them.

I think current sysytem is very very weak to the Mexico or Portugal attack.
              As you know,Branco has Zandi and Alavi sometimes alternatively like proving it. However, Hashe and Karimi have been injured now.

I think that Branko returns system to an old two DM system,bcz Branko may not use Hashe (from his injured) and Untouchable daei together.(not 4-1-3-2 but 4-2-3-1).

I feel Branko think one DMF system is very Risky system.
              Especially, when fight with strong teams,like Mexico.

But, Branko remove some player who can do role of DM.I cannot consent in this thing. I am worried about it.....

OK,This is all of what I want to say.

New question.
              If Nekounam is injured or Suspended,Who takes the place of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                nekounam is "placed" as a defensive midfielder, who does occasionally join in defense and defends.

that does not make him a natural DM.

for me, the ideal DM is france's Makelele.
                hard working, tough tackling, reads the game well, patient, tough, sacrificial ....
                many times I have thought zidane is zidane, becoz he has a makelele doing all the dirty jobs for him, and hands him the ball to do his magic.

take out such a tough and hard working DM, and players like zidane will have a tough time performing half their stuff.

nekounam is some of these, but not all.

------------

zandi?
                the only place zandi is good for is in the center of midfield, where he has to be playmaker or attack.
                but over there, we have karimi who is far better and useful than him.
                he cant defend to save his own skin !!!
                I agree with you. TM need Makelele or Gattuso or Daviz...

Nekounam is really good player,but Karimi Bagheri is great than him.Bcz he has good skill both Attack and Defense(tough tackling,Sliding).

Comment

Originally posted by mehdy
                  Haha Martin jan,Yeah,I pray it. But I know Pasha didn't play some weeks from Injury now.
                  What I want to say is ... Someone should stop Enemy's keyman by dirty foul In a severe match.
                  I thought that Alavi did this role.But,Branko remove him.
                  Please recall it. Neither Hashemian nor Zandi in the TM.
                  Kavian or Alavi were next to Nekounam.
                  (4-2-3-1)
                  -------Kavian----Nekounam----
                  -----Kia-----Karimi------Vahedi---
                  -------------Daei
                  And then,Branko bring Hashe and Zandi to the team.
                  -----Nekounam---Zandi
                  ---Kia-----Karimi----Hashemian
                  ------------Daei
                  And, they moved to an original position.
                  (4-1-3-2)
                  ------------Nekounam
                  ----Kia------karimi-------Zandi
                  --------Daei--------Hashemian
                  Here is a problem. DM has decreased from two DM to one DM. And, Branko promised them(Heshe,Zandi) the starting eleven.Because he persuaded them.
                  I think current sysytem is very very weak to the Mexico or Portugal attack.
                  As you know,Branco has Zandi and Alavi sometimes alternatively like proving it. However, Hashe and Karimi have been injured now.
                  I think that Branko returns system to an old two DM system,bcz Branko may not use Hashe (from his injured) and Untouchable daei together.(not 4-1-3-2 but 4-2-3-1).
                  I feel Branko think one DMF system is very Risky system.
                  Especially, when fight with strong teams,like Mexico.
                  But, Branko remove some player who can do role of DM.I cannot consent in this thing. I am worried about it.....
                  OK,This is all of what I want to say.
                  New question.
                  If Nekounam is injured or Suspended,Who takes the place of him?
                  You described the development very accurately. The point is a national team coach needs to adjust his system to the available players, and since we only have one great dm and two great strikers, this system is the best choice, even if it is more risky than the one before.

However, the wingers have a much more central defensive role than they had in the 4-2-3-1, which should make up for the "lost" second dm.

To DD, assuming we can get back to a normal conversation somehow, you are right about Makelele being a classic dm, but there are generally two types of defensive mids. The second one is a "passive destroyer", Hamann would be such an example, or Stuttgart's Soldo. A player who's not so agile, but taller and destroys the opponent's game by good positioning. Nekounam is a dm of that sort, Pashazadeh as well btw.
                  Last edited by Martin-Reza; 05-04-2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

by "destroying" we mean a player who reads the game well ( nekounam is good in it ), is energetic ( another + for nekounam ) , tackles well ( nekounam isnt good in this one. at best, he's an average tackler ) and marks his man - usually the playmaker or "key player" extremely well ( nekounam cant do it and is very weak in marking ).

so THIS type ( destroyer ) of DM, nekounam is not.

I, personally think, when we see coaches bring in defenders ( in TM, yahya or sohrab or lotfi or nosrati, .. ) to DM post, they have this destroying style in mind.

nekounam is too much of a free-flowing, even attacking midfielder to be the destroyer.
                    he SHD be paired with another player who does the destroying for him.

for me, at this moment, considering the call ups, the best option is SOHRAB.

yahya is nowhere near his usual form.
                    bagheri isnt called up.
                    hamed isnt there even.
                    neither is pasha .
                    Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 05-05-2006, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Nekonam is one of the finest DM in the world. Mark my words. He is a complete player for such a position. He is clever, good physique, good technique, fast, fast decision maker, not selfish, good tackler, ...

The only difference of him and Makalele is, Makalele is from France and watched but Nekonam had no chance to be tested.

Comment

Nekounam was one of the most consistant and influential players of TM for the past 4 years, and he is still 25 years old. Why some people want to complain about every little bit.
                        He is for sure not Makalele, because he did not recieve the proper education like Makalele. He did not play in top european teams like Makalele.

as Hajagha jan said, he is a complete central player, he has attaking and defensive qualities. Players like him are very rare these days.

So Some people like the Wimpy Doom just need to stop complainning and support thier heros.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
                          The only difference of him and Makalele is, Makalele is from France and watched but Nekonam had no chance to be tested.
                          ???

Haji joon, I think there is a bit more differnece between Nekounam and Makalele.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadb
                            ???
                            Haji joon, I think there is a bit more differnece between Nekounam and Makalele.
                            Yes, there is, and I believe Nekonam is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
                              Yes, there is, and I believe Nekonam is better.

Ey baba!

Comment

Working...
                              X