No announcement yet.

Simply question 【Who is DM???】

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nekounam is not our most complete player, not even close to it. One could argue that Mahdavikia, Karimi (on his best days) and even Daei for about a year maybe are world class but Nekounam is definately not. To be labelled world clas in my opinion means that the player is among the 5 best in his position in the world. Now to be honest Nekounam couldn't even make it to a good european club, let a lone show a consistent performance that would warrant a top 5 in the world rating.
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
      Nekounam is not our most complete player, not even close to it. One could argue that Mahdavikia, Karimi (on his best days) and even Daei for about a year maybe are world class but Nekounam is definately not. To be labelled world clas in my opinion means that the player is among the 5 best in his position in the world. Now to be honest Nekounam couldn't even make it to a good european club, let a lone show a consistent performance that would warrant a top 5 in the world rating.
      It is of course a matter of opinion who is our most complete player, but I would certainly argue that that your definition is a ridiculously harsh description of a world class player....by your reckoning, only 5 players in each position are world class; so assuming there are two central midfield positions to pick from, which from these selection of central midfielders would you deem are not world class?

Claude Makelele, Patrick Vieira, Michael Ballack, Steven Gerrard, Andrea Pirlo, Emerson, Gilberto, Kaka, Frank Lampard, Tomas Rosicky, Pavel Nedved, Mark Van Bommel, Xavi, Marcos Senna, Clarence Seedorf, Esteban Cambiasso, Javier Mascherano, David Pizarro, Petit, Tiago, Deco, Rene Gattusso, Zidane, Xabi Alonso, Ruben Baraja, David Albelda, Pablo Aimar, Juan Roman Riquelme, Cesc Fabregas, Thomas Gravesen, Michael Essien, Rafael Marquez, Ali Karimi, Javad Nekounam....etc....

And if you believe Karimi on his best days is in that selection, who is in alongside him?

Also, to say that Ali Daei in his prime for a year was in the top 5 strikers in the world is slightly delusional! A player who in his prime was not even regularly selected in the top 2 strikers at Bayern Munich, failed to score in the world cup and was often replaced by Carsten Jancker would not be in my selection of the top 5 world strikers!

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali
        It is of course a matter of opinion who is our most complete player, but I would certainly argue that that your definition is a ridiculously harsh description of a world class player....by your reckoning, only 5 players in each position are world class; so assuming there are two central midfield positions to pick from, which from these selection of central midfielders would you deem are not world class?
        Claude Makelele, Patrick Vieira, Michael Ballack, Steven Gerrard, Andrea Pirlo, Emerson, Gilberto, Kaka, Frank Lampard, Tomas Rosicky, Pavel Nedved, Mark Van Bommel, Xavi, Marcos Senna, Clarence Seedorf, Esteban Cambiasso, Javier Mascherano, David Pizarro, Petit, Tiago, Deco, Rene Gattusso, Zidane, Xabi Alonso, Ruben Baraja, David Albelda, Pablo Aimar, Juan Roman Riquelme, Cesc Fabregas, Thomas Gravesen, Michael Essien, Rafael Marquez, Ali Karimi, Javad Nekounam....etc....
        And if you believe Karimi on his best days is in that selection, who is in alongside him?
        Also, to say that Ali Daei in his prime for a year was in the top 5 strikers in the world is slightly delusional! A player who in his prime was not even regularly selected in the top 2 strikers at Bayern Munich, failed to score in the world cup and was often replaced by Carsten Jancker would not be in my selection of the top 5 world strikers!
        The problem with the list you submitted is that they are not all defensive midifelders. Sure some may play the position from time to time, but it does not mean they are the best in that position. That said from the list Claude Makelele, Patrick Vieira, Emerson, Andrea Pirlo are the best defensive midfielders in my opinion currently. Anyone who can match them should also be regarded as world class.

Also I think you are judging Daei a little too roughly, especially with regard to Carsten Janker who is mocked the world over. There were underlying circumstances during Daeis spell at Munich which kept him out of the starting lineup. In no way should it take awawy from his talent, which he showed a year later by scoring crucial goals in the champions league against Milan and Chelsea which took Herta to the next round. I may however be a bit biased on the subject.
        The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
          The problem with the list you submitted is that they are not all defensive midifelders. Sure some may play the position from time to time, but it does not mean they are the best in that position. That said from the list Claude Makelele, Patrick Vieira, Emerson, Andrea Pirlo are the best defensive midfielders in my opinion currently. Anyone who can match them should also be regarded as world class.
          Also I think you are judging Daei a little too roughly, especially with regard to Carsten Janker who is mocked the world over. There were underlying circumstances during Daeis spell at Munich which kept him out of the starting lineup. In no way should it take awawy from his talent, which he showed a year later by scoring crucial goals in the champions league against Milan and Chelsea which took Herta to the next round. I may however be a bit biased on the subject.
          true, they are not all defensive midfielders, but I already mentioned this - even picking 10 players from that list leaves out an awful lot of talented players...I would say world class ones.

But that`s just semantics....Either way, I didn`t see the match yesterday but judging from the reaction to his performance Javad let me down.

I hope we see the old Nekounam before the world cup, because when he plays we play, and I think the fact that we have not been so convincing recently is partly down to his decline.

I may be judging Daei a little harshly, but even joining you in being a slightly biased nationalist I would never at any point have put him in my list of the world`s top 5 strikers.

Comment

Working...
          X