Why Our New Retirees Get So FAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Our New Retirees Get So FAT?

Seriously, do they put an air pump up to their butt to get that huge so fast?
    This was always my concern why they don't take care of their body and health? After all, they are supposed to be in the green zone every day and make money out of their reputation.

Cheers

Because it's way more difficult for (top) athletes to maintain a healthy weight after they stop their careers. Especially if the stop is sudden (like for most Iranians) instead of a planned and graduate " cooling/building down" period (like most European athletes).

Their body, and mind, is used to a large intake of food as they also burn all these extra energy with their activities. When they stop sporting they will not burn that much energy anymore but they are still used to eating a lot. And much worse they can eat everything they want now as they don't have to keep to a strict diet.

Furthermore, there is mentality issue that plays a role. They don't "mind" getting fat as they rely on "I have done this and achieved that, WTF have you ever done in your life?" excuse for gaining fat.

Now getting fat is the least of their problems, the real issue is the following:

Ever noticed why so many ex-top athletes die relatively young compared to "regular" people?

Its because, among other things, the size of their heart has increased during their professional life, as they need more oxygen through blood circulation. Without a proper program to quite their professional life their heart doesn't get the time to adjust and remains large in size, but like all other muscles it loses a lot of its strength as there is no more frequent accelerated blood circulations needed. So it becomes lazy.

So in the end you have a inefficient over-sized heart that has to pump blood around in a larger/fatter body.....you do the math......

This heart thing is more severe for bikers and (marathon) runners who suddenly stop.

Comment

damn good iranian food and our general culture of over-eating and feeding and off course trying to make up for years of holding back to avoid loosing their jobs..!

Comment

Don't know about our ex-players, but I'm the number 1 enemy of gaining weight.

Why?

Because of what I went through to LOSE weight.

In 2000, I had 130kg at 1,82 meters.
        Today, with the same height, I have 80kg.

Losing weight was a great decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser Amir View Post
          Why?
          Wow, Congrad bro. Good for you.

Comment

It's a turn off when you see:

- a dentist with ugly teeth.
            - a lung surgeon smoking.
            - a bald plastic surgeon.
            - a car dealer with Civic 96.
            - a grand ma with a short ski-rt.
            - and Ghalae-Noei walking aside Parvin and Daei.

Comment

Why?
              good for you man..! you looked in pretty good shape in your AC pics..!!

I used to enjoy a good metabolism for most of my young life through 33-35 where i would stuff myself like a pig, left and right and no matter what i always stayed at 152-155lbs for a 5-8 guy..! but that all went out the window these past few years and i have gotten a bit of a tummy and man its a hard as hell to trim that part out..!! off course i dont believe in any sort of a diet...!! im still waiting for it to go away like on its own or something...!!?
              Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
              It's a turn off when you see:

- a dentist with ugly teeth.
              - a lung surgeon smoking.
              - a bald plastic surgeon.
              - a car dealer with Civic 96.
              - a grand ma with a short ski-rt.
              - and Ghalae-Noei walking aside Parvin and Daei.
              you gotta point there haji..!
              i once had a dentist with Fd up teeth and all i could think sitting on that chair was.... man how do you manage to get a patient to actually show up to a follow-up appointment..!!???

Comment

kale pache??

Comment

Why?
                  Man all the respect to you. Does this mean you have to starve yourself all the time to not gain the weight back? Did you do it by diet and workout both or only one?
                  "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                  Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                  Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I think it's more the epidemic disease of most Iranians "Lack of Discipline" these players throughout their footballing career are forced to watch and maintain their diet, thus being deprived of eating the luxurious goodies such as pastries, sweets, big portions of rice/bread and other sources of carbs. So once they retire, they feel as if for the most part of their life, they haven't enjoyed their lives to the fullest by avoiding all these tempting goodies, consequently try to make up for all those years, thus eating literally like pigs well as an athlete once you suddenly stop your regular exercise routine, your body takes a while to get used to it, therefore fat builds up in your body, conspicuously around your belly!

Why?
                    Mashallah hesaabi chaghaloo boodi pas. LOL JK Wow going by your pics, one would assume you've always been a skinny guy!

Comment

Why?

Way to go man. You should be rewarded.

I am 1.81 and at some stage I weighed about 99Kgs (never made the magic century) , I was categorized as fat and ordered to lose weight or lose my license by the flight surgeon ....... Years later , I lost both

sigpic

Comment

Guys,

We are normal people with normal lives. I am not talking about the average Joe. Those ones are making millions to show 6 packs if you know what I am talking about.

It's different. They are not like us.

I too love to sit and eat like a pig, but I don't. I care about my body.

Getting along with life, we all have challenges to overcome. My point is:

They are not that genuine and disciplined to keep their body in shape in their 40s. Why should I trust about their ability and determination on the job?

For god sake look at Ali Daei's A$$. I wonder whether any body dare and show him his a$$ picture? aghhh

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                          Way to go man. You should be rewarded.

I am 1.81 and at some stage I weighed about 99Kgs (never made the magic century) , I was categorized as fat and ordered to lose weight or lose my license by the flight surgeon ....... Years later , I lost both
                          Sorry if I am being a little nosy, but out of curiosity are you by any chance a pilot?

Comment

most of our players are also fat , let alone retirees.

its the whole amateur attitude. rich boys who are overpaid, partying and eating and not caring on how they perform on the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                              Sorry if I am being a little nosy, but out of curiosity are you by any chance a pilot?
                              Yeah.....until a few years ago.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X