No announcement yet.

THe league has Improved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To our own standards and compared to the past IPL seasons, this year has definitely had some improvement in many areas, particularly the gap between top and bottom teams being closed visibly, we see better organization of the league itself, somewhat improved stadiums (Be it pitches, lighting, seats, spectators attendance etc), more consistent game schedules, more solid and smoother performance and better teamwork by most IPL teams.

Playing games late at night was a great decision, hopefully the league will come to its senses, hence avoid playing early during the day and the week days and keeps the game times around 8PM local time, this way we will often see packed stadiums!

Hopefully they will sooner or later also improve their usage of Spider-cam and by learning how to utilize it, get the best out of it!

Arze digeyee nadaaram...

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      Arze digeyee nadaaram...
      how about tooul?

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        To our own standards and compared to the past IPL seasons, this year has definitely had some improvement in many areas, particularly the gap between top and bottom teams being closed visibly, we see better organization of the league itself, somewhat improved stadiums (Be it pitches, lighting, seats, spectators attendance etc), more consistent game schedules, more solid and smoother performance and better teamwork by most IPL teams.
        Playing games late at night was a great decision, hopefully the league will come to its senses, hence avoid playing early during the day and the week days and keeps the game times around 8PM local time, this way we will often see packed stadiums!
        Hopefully they will sooner or later also improve their usage of Spider-cam and by learning how to utilize it, get the best out of it!
        Arze digeyee nadaaram...
        Well said......
        There are so many good teams.....and so many good players........and so many with TM experince........and so many names !
        ........and very few Hashieh........thanks to Ali Daei leaving the perspolise job !

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
          how about tooul?
          Oonesh khayli toooooolaanie Haji joon!

Comment

BTW did you guys watch Barcelona vs. Porto match today?

2 world class goals from 2 world class players, I wish we could one day witness something remotely close to this football in IPL!

The question is will we live long enough to see that kind of improvement, or need I to wake myself up from the deep sleep?

Comment

^ You will as you have a lot of toooul omr. " khayli toooooolaani ".

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                Hadi Jan...those conditions have always existed.......If you pay attention to the situation now, and around the time when Ali Daei was the head coach of TM.....do you recall what kind of shape " The League " was in ?...do you recall there was a discussion as about the shortage of talents ?....not haveing a new generation of talents ?...very few " Names " ?......
                Is it like that Now ?
                when did we ever have up to 10 teams capable of winning the Cup ?
                sure, compared to the 90s we have improved. but is that saying much?

we introduced IPL in 2001.

Exactly how have we improved since then?

How many Asian class (let alone world class) stadiums have we added to our league? How many of our clubs are financially profitable? How many of our club are fully private? How many of our clubs have had a stable management and coaching team? How many of our clubs have won the ACL? How many times our National Team has won the Asian Cup? How has our youth system improved? Which of our clubs has a half decent youth development system? Forget youth system, which of our clubs has half decent training pitches??? Having talents does not mean we have improved as a footballing nation. We also had talent in the 90s and 80s. And as I said, having 10 teams who can win a cup, again doesn't mean our football has improved. It just means that our teams are competitive and closely matched (which is a direct result of state influenced and sponsored football)
                Last edited by Hadi; 08-27-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I can n't believe myself saying this...but it appears the league has improved...and improved alot......
                  never have I remeber the league having so many good teams.....
                  Damash
                  Mes kerman
                  Fulad
                  Saba
                  Malevan
                  .....are excellent teams.....
                  Zob Ahan
                  Sepahan
                  Tractor
                  Perspolise
                  Esteghlal
                  .......are great too
                  Rah Ahan
                  Naft e Abadan
                  Saipa
                  Shahrdari Tabriz
                  .....are not any push overs
                  Shahin
                  Naft Tehran
                  ....can beat any team on a good day...
                  .................................................. ......
                  I do not ever recall having so much competition......

ZZ jan I agree with you, particularly about the level of plays... But the facilities and stadiums still need much improvement. Also notice that several clubs seem to have a key player or two that when they deliver the goods, a decent team result is obtained. For Persepolis that player has to be Ali-Asghari, and for Esteghlal Majidi. There is also someone else for Shahin who assisted all 4 goals against Saba (forgot his name, Pour Khorsandi maybe). Rafkhaie did the same for Malavan vs. Zob Ahan.

I hope next season a team from the Khorasan province makes it back into the IPL as well. That is the largest province in Iran and they should be represented in the league. They have given other squads names such as Azizi, Enayati, and Teymourian.
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Reading through the comments, I can not believe that people equate the closeness of the teams in terms of strenght is a sign of 'improvement'.

improvement in what?

If the English Premier league is dominated by Chelsea and ManU, it means that league sucks? Just because the teams arent close to each other in points?

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                      Reading through the comments, I can not believe that people equate the closeness of the teams in terms of strenght is a sign of 'improvement'.

improvement in what?

If the English Premier league is dominated by Chelsea and ManU, it means that league sucks? Just because the teams arent close to each other in points?
                      Did you see the Estghlal vs Foolad game ?

Comment

^ I didn't see the game it self but I saw the highlights thanks to the PFDCTV2 account on youtube :P

And all 5 goals were textbook examples of piss-poor defending. Just like 9 out of every 10 scoring chances.

Don't get me wrong it doesn't mean the games haven't become more exciting. To the contrary! Now even big teams have piss poor defenders and defending strategies, which gives the weaker teams a chance too.

Just watch any highlight of any game: as long as you lob the ball near/into the opponents box you'll have a goal scoring opportunity, and fortunately it doesn't matter which two teams we're talking about. Even when a bottom table team plays against the top teams it can create a lot of scoring opportunity by doing so, and create excitement.

What makes the league more " exciting" is the fact that next to our pis-poor and lack of smart defenders, we also don't have goal-getters and strikers with killer instinct who would finish all those chances!

That's why during any typical game in our league you will have excitement as we got crappy defenders and that excitement will last the whole game as even the better teams usually can't punish the numerous mistakes of the opponent.

One more thing: If our league and players have improved as you suggest how come we just have 5 players playing outside Iran? Even the Persian Gulf countries don't sign our players anymore. What does that tell us?

Comment

we have improved, but might not be as much as we think in the first few weeks thought, we shall see in mid league.

is this the best IPL ever? most likely.

is this where we should be and how we should be going forward? absolutley not.
                          Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

it's very simple.

zzgoolo you have a hypothetis that: 'Our league Has Improved'.

By that, I think you mean that the football game itself has improved. i,e better defending, better passing, better positioning, better scoring, better physcal strenght etc.

Lets say your hypothesis is valid. Pls explain WHAT FACTOR(S) have contributed to the said improvement? What has been done by our clubs and our federation to cause this improvement? What has changed? Every resulting action, must have a cause.

Now if you can not find a valid cause, then it means this so called 'improvement' that you speak of is either by chance, or it doesn't exists at all

Comment

Did you see the Estghlal vs Foolad game ?
                              What was remarkable Foolad had 55% posession and dominated in corners and shots on goal but at the end it was Esteghlal that pulled off the big win. If Foolad could have converted their PKs these past two games vs. Zob Ahan and Esteghlal, their situation would have been different. It really sets a psychological mood damper on the team whose crucial penalty kick is saved.
                              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

^ well then the kicker shouldn't try to copy Rooney with his weird rush to the ball only to deliver a weak shot at the middle of the goal.

Irani ha ham faghat "effe" baladan biyan....

Comment

Working...
                                X