Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you draw the line with professional coaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maij View Post
    It was an interesting theory by this evaluator. Frankly, I could see and understand his point of views and also appreciate what you are saying in respect of killing the agriculture.

I guess, I can understand (evaluate) the issue much better if I knew what Ahmendinejad objective was. In any case, I seriously doubt that he wants to kill agriculture in Iran. Not this guy.

The role of evaluator, in this case at least, must be combined with the objective of the evaluation. If AN is sending a strong message to the public about water shortage (which well know is becoming a very serious and critical issue in Iran) then his evaluation of the situation is spot on.

This scenario reminds of the half empty, half full glass !

If the argument that AH is killing the agriculture, the counter-argument that if he does not conserve water , he will turn a whole nation into karbala (Water shortage part of it) and citizen die of thirst.

But back to the subject , I still think the evaluator must have some kind of status and knowledge in the subject matter , but like the professional he is evaluating , he (the evaluator) is also not immune from mistakes.

Getting rather complicated ….

The point is "charlatanism". He ridiculously simplifies a scenario. If he calculates half a liter of water is 100 Tomans, do you know how much water Canada has then? Or how valuable is North Pole?

You don't calculate potato based on water value, you may argue that Potato is not suited for Iran due to high water consumption. Well, that's not new as we plant rice in North of Iran and not in "Kavir". Imagine his calculation over rice.

His story about 16 years old nuclear scientist is still available over the net.

Imagine CQ should satisfy such a person, or you had to give a presentation about aviation safety with this kind of mentality.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
      The point is "charlatanism". He ridiculously simplifies a scenario. If he calculates half a liter of water is 100 Tomans, do you know how much water Canada has then? Or how valuable is North Pole?

You don't calculate potato based on water value, you may argue that Potato is not suited for Iran due to high water consumption. Well, that's not new as we plant rice in North of Iran and not in "Kavir". Imagine his calculation over rice.

His story about 16 years old nuclear scientist is still available over the net.

Imagine CQ should satisfy such a person, or you had to give a presentation about aviation safety with this kind of mentality.

Cheers,

I am more interested in the delivery , the objective of the message and the end result rather than its contents. Of course , while an evaluator , in this case AN is trying to make a point , he will will have a bias towards his idea and turn things to suit his message.

The hard fact is that CQ has to satisfy such a person

sigpic

Comment

Interesting thread..! (glad i finally got around to reading it..!!)
        i think you draw the line short with little tolerance or show more patience before you scream foul based on the Professional at question's overall CV and the severity of his questionable action or judgment..!
        all in all its a personal judgment call...! due to your perception of his CV's quality and the depth and severity of his questionable act ..!

referencing this discussion to criticisms of CQ's recent squad selection (which seems so far has been the most controversial part of his coaching era..!) i think the post below by agha Mansoor and especially the BOLD explains very well my stand as well, on that issue !!
        Originally posted by Mansoor View Post
        Merci Agha Majid. I see your point.
        I guess for me, the more respect I have for certain professional, the more careful I am in my concerns.
        I use the "is it him OR is it me" more often and use more patience and more observation of his work before jumping to conclusion.
        Obviously no one is perfect and there are always errors and mistakes which even an ordinary person can spot in a professional's work.
        But, mistakes should not be confused with "preference that fits a system". To change those, system has to be modified.
        in the other thread, when i said, "i trust decisions of someone in his (CQ's) position more than myself and others here" in regards to player selection issue ..! The Bold is what i really was trying to convey, but i failed to clarify..!!
        thats why i didnt mind when agha majid took exception to it and got curt with me about it..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

in the other thread, when i said, "i trust decisions of someone in his (CQ's) position more than myself and others here" in regards to player selection issue ..! The Bold is what i really was trying to convey, but i failed to clarify..!!
          thats why i didnt mind when agha majid took exception to it and got curt with me about it..!
          Regardless to how professional you are and how good a person is , mistakes are inevitable. How ever , there are sevral categories of mistakes, which I would not like to go through in details in this post.

To me , CQ selection was intentional mistake , as simple as that. We all carry out these intentional mistakes in our life , like sleeping with the Girl Friend while the Wife is away ( I am not suggesting that I do that ) although we know it is wrong, we still do it and take a risk. I am sure you caught my drift.

Last night there was another very interesting event on this subject: Bayern Munich vs. Manchester City. Champions League match. Second half , Bayern virtually dominating Man City , 2-0 up with a total of 6 points in the bag with this win. Man City very desperate , only 1 point from 2 games if they lose. Midway through the 2nd half ( give or take) , Mancini decides to pull Dzeko , a prolific forward and scorer, and substitute him with a defensive midfielder De Jong who has been on the injury list for months and this was his 1st match after the layoff!!

How on earth would you pull your forward , while you are desperate to score , at least aim for an equalizer , and push a semi defender ?? What Kind of logic is that ...Mancini is without a doubt , one of the top coaches in the world....but come on.....that is elementary error of judgment. Needless to say that both the TV commentators were pulling their hair trying to understand Mancini's logic and motive.

sigpic

Comment

Last night there was another very interesting event on this subject: Bayern Munich vs. Manchester City. Champions League match. Second half , Bayern virtually dominating Man City , 2-0 up with a total of 6 points in the bag with this win. Man City very desperate , only 1 point from 2 games if they lose. Midway through the 2nd half ( give or take) , Mancini decides to pull Dzeko , a prolific forward and scorer, and substitute him with a defensive midfielder De Jong who has been on the injury list for months and this was his 1st match after the layoff!!

How on earth would you pull your forward , while you are desperate to score , at least aim for an equalizer , and push a semi defender ?? What Kind of logic is that ...Mancini is without a doubt , one of the top coaches in the world....but come on.....that is elementary error of judgment. Needless to say that both the TV commentators were pulling their hair trying to understand Mancini's logic and motive.
            I watched the game. It was justified to me as Man.City couldn't get the ball out of its turf and the forward was doing nothing as there was no ball there.

He tried to tie his belt first and not make a bigger gap as the flow of the game was in that direction. Then, he tried to bring Tevez, who refused to go. After that Mancini sat down as his plan was blown up.

That's the interesting part. How will Man.City handle Tevez who is paid 300,000 dollars a week and still refuse to play?

Cheers,

Comment

Regardless to how professional you are and how good a person is , mistakes are inevitable. How ever , there are sevral categories of mistakes, which I would not like to go through in details in this post.

To me , CQ selection was intentional mistake , as simple as that. We all carry out these intentional mistakes in our life , like sleeping with the Girl Friend while the Wife is away ( I am not suggesting that I do that ) although we know it is wrong, we still do it and take a risk. I am sure you caught my drift.
              that is a very BOLD statement/claim..!! (Not just literally..!! )

how could you possibly say claim such a thing with any degree of certainty..!!?
              did he confide in you ?or you got some reliable inside sources telling that ? otherwise, i cant even categorize such an outrageous claim as even an educated guess..!?

I dont see how your Wife/GF example could apply to CQ and his supposedly intentionally erroneous squad selection..!!?? in that case, satisfaction of HAVAS at least plays a role in intentionally making such a mistake..!! Unless your claiming that he is getting money under the table to choose so and so
              in that case I like to know some inside details too..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                that is a very BOLD statement/claim..!! (Not just literally..!! )

how could you possibly say claim such a thing with any degree of certainty..!!?
                did he confide in you ?or you got some reliable inside sources telling that ? otherwise, i cant even categorize such an outrageous claim as even an educated guess..!?

I dont see how your Wife/GF example could apply to CQ and his supposedly intentionally erroneous squad selection..!!?? in that case, satisfaction of HAVAS at least plays a role in intentionally making such a mistake..!! Unless your claiming that he is getting money under the table to choose so and so
                in that case I like to know some inside details too..!!
                First of all , have you noticed what you are doing here in PFDC ? You are commenting on every thing that moves in Iran's football while living on the other-side of the world . I don't recall you have ever produced any evidence of your claims , nor did i recall that I asked you to show evidence on your "OPINION". However. when someone else comments on something that you don't like , you are describing it outrageous and demanding evidence !

Hmmm....

But , if you want to know , I have connections in Iran's football , and NO , I am not sharing it with you , find your own ()

In any case , my opinion in on the subject matter has got nothing to do with my connections anywhere.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X