On Daei, Once for ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Daei, Once for ever!

I don't know why we like to treat every one as either a saint or devil?

There is no doubt that Daei is a legend. He brought a lot of joy to so many hearts and put Iran in soccer map. No one can deny it or s/he is a disturbed person. BUT, that doesn't or shouldn't stop us to criticize him for his short-comings.

One of the biggest shortcomings for Daei was his lack of awareness to protect himself from denunciation and disapproval from public eyes between 2004-2006. To my surprise, he is still doing it.

Some one educated with fame doesn't grow on tree last time I checked. We should have kept him and protect him for better and higher positions. Well, we don't have a "fatherhood" figure in our soccer to manage our legends' publicity.

I watched Ghale-noui interview the other day saying " we should have used Daei for the head of AFC" and not in this circus called "soccer coach" which he knock himself down to mud.

Your blind and unconditional support for Daei hurts him more. He and his supporters (which should be all of us) have to admit that the last 3 years of his career doesn't help for his image. He has to accept the fact that he should had retired 3 years earlier from international duties.

His presence in the pitch hurt us in two folds:

- one, lack of using/preparing the new generation which we still paying the price since we didn't give a chance to no one in his prime/pick 7-8 years ago.

- Second, bringing down our legend.

Cheers,

Wise observation...Haji jaan.....
    I also have always been ambivelant about Daei........His super contribution for Iranian football as a player on one side,..and super damaging persona, and elementary coaching skills from another side.......
    But all in all,puting all together, He is a positive element...!!!
    While he has never worn the green wrest band on his hands, and appears to be a devoted moslem,........yet, his love for the country and his devotion to what is fare and what is just.....not only has kept him in the country,and set him apart from likes of Mahdavikia and Hashemian......but also,his disobediance and lack of commitment to the Islamic republic, has costed him from adminestrative advancement ,unlike Rezai is in weightlifting who is the head of weight-lifting federation.
    All said.....I do not believe,he would make a good head of federation in future....as such resposibilities,require better team work and valuing other people's worth,and more balanced approach..........
    Unfortunatly, he is not made for such tasks.
    Last edited by zzgloo; 08-31-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

^ ZZ jan,

Thanks for your contribution.

I think he was our best shot to have a figure-head in Asia. The same way UNICEF/FIFA are still using him. He could have become our Pelatini.

Cheers,

Comment

Good observation and very unbiased. Unfortunately he didn't follow the coaching career steps properly either. As much as he is our most well-recognized player globally, and rightfully so, he lacks decent communication skills and to be honest, living in Iran and all the media circus, crowd, reportes, one million papers published daily, hourly don't help at all, either.

What really annoys me is how people bash him in a very stubborn and harsh manner, no matter how much of a flawed or flawless person he is. But can you point me to anything normal happening in our Football, before we point our finger at Daei? the answer is no

Ba sepas!
        When there is a will, there is a way

Comment

wise observation.
          I have always said, in many posts and threads, that someone like Daei should be in a managerial position not coaching.

Daei would be the best head of IFF or AFC, where he with his education and smartness can contribute more than being a coach with shortcomings.
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post

I think he was our best shot to have a figure-head in Asia. The same way UNISEF/FIFA are still using him. He could have become our Pelatini.

Cheers,
            Or atleast replacing ,whats his name, " Hamudi " (? ) on AFC.......
            May be when he gets older !!

Comment

Originally posted by avicenna 18 View Post
              Good observation and very unbiased. Unfortunately he didn't follow the coaching career steps properly either. As much as he is our most well-recognized player globally, and rightfully so, he lacks decent communication skills and to be honest, living in Iran and all the media circus, crowd, reportes, one million papers published daily, hourly don't help at all, either.
              What really annoys me is how people bash him in a very stubborn and harsh manner, no matter how much of a flawed or flawless person he is. But can you point me to anything normal happening in our Football, before we point our finger at Daei? the answer is no
              Ba sepas!
              Thanks for the reply.

I still respect Daei over characters like Estili, Ghotbi and other low-level people who have no shame selling their face/fame for a couple of extra cash.

As I mentioned, we are too eager to make a saint or devil out of people.

Right now, Daei is the only character who goes to international stages with a "tie" and not AN picture on his shirt. I respect that. Still, this doesn't make him a saint.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                wise observation.
                I have always said, in many posts and threads, that someone like Daei should be in a managerial position not coaching.
                Daei would be the best head of IFF or AFC, where he with his education and smartness can contribute more than being a coach with shortcomings.
                You are the man amoo sibilo.

Cheers,

Comment

Daei should be the head of the IFF.
                  Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I don't know why we like to treat every one as either a saint or devil?

There is no doubt that Daei is a legend. He brought a lot of joy to so many hearts and put Iran in soccer map. No one can deny it or s/he is a disturbed person. BUT, that doesn't or shouldn't stop us to criticize him for his short-comings.

One of the biggest shortcomings for Daei was his lack of awareness to protect himself from denunciation and disapproval from public eyes between 2004-2006. To my surprise, he is still doing it.

Some one educated with fame doesn't grow on tree last time I checked. We should have kept him and protect him for better and higher positions. Well, we don't have a "fatherhood" figure in our soccer to manage our legends' publicity.

I watched Ghale-noui interview the other day saying " we should have used Daei for the head of AFC" and not in this circus called "soccer coach" which he knock himself down to mud.

Your blind and unconditional support for Daei hurts him more. He and his supporters (which should be all of us) have to admit that the last 3 years of his career doesn't help for his image. He has to accept the fact that he should had retired 3 years earlier from international duties.

His presence in the pitch hurt us in two folds:

- one, lack of using/preparing the new generation which we still paying the price since we didn't give a chance to no one in his prime/pick 7-8 years ago.

- Second, bringing down our legend.

Cheers,
                    What blind and unconditional support?
                    did you read my post on how I said I thought he made a mistake last week by using Farshid Karimi as goalie?
                    I am one of Daie's biggest supporters on this site, and if I take the time to criticize him, then it's not what you say...I also made a thread last season and criticized him on not using Arefi enough and another for forgiving Sheys and bringing him back which I thought was a mistake and it showed that it was later that season!.... so there... I think that's a product of some people's imagination! At least I tell the truth... he makes mistakes, but overall he is one of the best we have! I don't think he is a saint by any means!

I don't think people is blindly supporting anyone! But the truth needs to be spoken!

As far as 2004-2006 disapproval of Public, I find it interesting that this time period of disapproval started right after Daie came back from Hertha and announced that he will no longer be using an Agent to negotiate his contracts(He started negotiating his own)!
                    For more information on how powerful the agents are in Iran, please watch the 90 show I posted on the other forum!

As soon as he said he is no longer gonna use an agent, certain newspapers and media started writing he was too old........BULL S***! If he was too old, how come when he came back from WC and played for Saipa as a coach/player and only playing from minute 60-70 as a SUB, he was still able to scored 11 goals that season???
                    -Another question that Daie supporters ask is "ASSUMING" you are correct that he was old and Branko was wrong, why 5-6 years later we still do not have a world class Forward??? Why can't we learn that if we are going to say this person is not good enough, we must also ask ourselves who is??? If he is still the best option, then let it be!

Vaghti kasi behtar az oon nist, coach majboore ... and please don't start by throwing out names like Hashemian and Karimi... Yes we know these 2 were also world class at that time, but they were both on the team and neither one was benched because of Daie in 2006, so that argument will not go anywhere.... As far as forwards like Enayati, Khatibi, Borhani, and..... time showed that none were world class, and what Daie bashers were arguing was incorrect and Branko was correct to choose him "ALONG WITH KARIMI AND HASHEMIAN"//

Ye mosht agent ke nooneshoon ajor shode bood shoro kardan jav saazi va bazi mardome saadeh ham baavar kardan! that's all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghomarbaaz View Post
                      What blind and unconditional support?
                      did you read my post on how I said I thought he made a mistake last week by using Farshid Karimi as goalie?
                      I am one of Daie's biggest supporters on this site, and if I take the time to criticize him, then it's not what you say...I also made a thread last season and criticized him on not using Arefi enough and another for forgiving Sheys and bringing him back which I thought was a mistake and it showed that it was later that season!.... so there... I think that's a product of some people's imagination! At least I tell the truth... he makes mistakes, but overall he is one of the best we have! I don't think he is a saint by any means!

I don't think people is blindly supporting anyone! But the truth needs to be spoken!

As far as 2004-2006 disapproval of Public, I find it interesting that this time period of disapproval started right after Daie came back from Hertha and announced that he will no longer be using an Agent to negotiate his contracts(He started negotiating his own)!
                      For more information on how powerful the agents are in Iran, please watch the 90 show I posted on the other forum!

As soon as he said he is no longer gonna use an agent, certain newspapers and media started writing he was too old........BULL S***! If he was too old, how come when he came back from WC and played for Saipa as a coach/player and only playing from minute 60-70 as a SUB, he was still able to scored 11 goals that season???
                      -Another question that Daie supporters ask is "ASSUMING" you are correct that he was old and Branko was wrong, why 5-6 years later we still do not have a world class Forward??? Why can't we learn that if we are going to say this person is not good enough, we must also ask ourselves who is??? If he is still the best option, then let it be!

Vaghti kasi behtar az oon nist, coach majboore ... and please don't start by throwing out names like Hashemian and Karimi... Yes we know these 2 were also world class at that time, but they were both on the team and neither one was benched because of Daie in 2006, so that argument will not go anywhere.... As far as forwards like Enayati, Khatibi, Borhani, and..... time showed that none were world class, and what Daie bashers were arguing was incorrect and Branko was correct to choose him "ALONG WITH KARIMI AND HASHEMIAN"//

Ye mosht agent ke nooneshoon ajor shode bood shoro kardan jav saazi va bazi mardome saadeh ham baavar kardan! that's all!
                      1st, Welcome here.

2nd, it seems you drive here with the same speed in football forum.

3rd, So, you criticize Daei, then you are right all the way, right?

4th, You forgot to mention Daei's short stop in UAE and PP between Hertha and Saipa.

5th, I do have eyes and see for myself, i don't need any agent to talk for me.

6th, Daei's games are available to watch again if you forgot how he was.

7th, That's my thought, I don't talk for people, you may do that too.

8th, The whole point was seeing what was good for Daei, not for TM.

9th, So, Talking about agents and contract numbers, it can be argued that his presence in TM increases his numbers, right?

10th, You are still welcomed here.

Cheers,

Comment

3rd, So, you criticize Daei, then you are right all the way, right?
                        What is being right have to do with that? You wrote that: "we Iranians make saint of certain people", that means we close our eyes and say this person is good all the way, and I brought to your attention that is not true and named proof of posts I have posted in which I have questioned some of Daie's decisions and I am one of his big supporters here!... Never said I was right... What I said was your assumption is wrong(in this case)!

4th, You forgot to mention Daei's short stop in UAE and PP between Hertha and Saipa.
                        It's irrelevant.... Point was something else! and no I didn't forget..

6th, Daei's games are available to watch again if you forgot how he was.
                        Yes, like the example Ferdosipoor showed of Javad Kazemian purposely not passing the ball to him which was shown in 90 2 weeks ago! Mardom khar nistan, certain players were purposely trying to make him look bad, this is why I posted the clip about agents in Iran and how powerful they are for everyone to see, If they want to make someone look bad, they own players who will do it for them! .....

8th, The whole point was seeing what was good for Daei, not for TM.
                        Why don't we let people decide for themselves what's good for them!
                        Telling someone they should not do what they are currently doing and do something else is like saying they are not good at what they are doing, which is rude and has no basis, considering in 3 years of coaching in IPL he won 1 IPL title and 2 Hazfi cups .... this is just the beginning of his career as a coach...... It's like telling a uprising football star who is only 20-21 but has performed enough to show he could be potential superstar in 3-4 years to quit! It's just does not make sense!
                        Az khodesham porsidan, goft man felan be joz morabigari be hich chiz dige fek nemikonam.... why can't we let people
                        just be, instead of trying to push them to do what they don't want to do?
                        Thanks

Btw, I have been a member on this board for over 6 years, but thanks for welcoming me!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghomarbaaz View Post
                          Btw, I have been a member on this board for over 6 years, but thanks for welcoming me!
                          Welcome back then. I meant F+ as I don't recall your posts here. I might be wrong though.

I think we said what we had to say. People are entitled to their opinion.

Cheers,

Comment

I disagree about Daei and managerial positions. You actually need a cool headed person for that kind of a position, not some one who would lash out on every small incident.
                            I also think that Daei loves the game so much that he can't stay away from the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Good View Post
                              I disagree about Daei and managerial positions. You actually need a cool headed person for that kind of a position, not some one who would lash out on every small incident.
                              I also think that Daei loves the game so much that he can't stay away from the field.
                              That's the point. He could have been taught. We should have preserved him for international prestige. Well, Iran's name has every thing but prestige nowadays.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                              X