Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qatar - Iran

FIRST HALF:

- Once again we see the invisible man (rezaei) used in the starting line up. and true to form, from what I saw of the first half (I watched about an accumulated 20 minutes of it) he was invisible. Which begs the question why did CQ persist with him after his dismal performance last week. Can anyone explain why he has started?

- In those 20 minutes I saw a lot of attacks from the right side and almost nothing from the left. Maybe Pouladi was instructed to stay put and not leave his defensive zone.

- I was quite disappointed with nekunam’s freekick. Shdnt we have practiced such tactics? But that was nothing compared to ansarifard’s pass to Qatari keeper. Btw, he is yet to convince me as a starter. I still want him to be a part of TM. But he has to get better to deserve to start.

SECOND HALF:

- A magnificent header by aghili sees us go ahead. It was so hard that I think even if the keeper could get a hand to it, he still wouldn’t have been able to deflect it out.

- Ansarifard seems to have forgotten how to kick the ball hard and on 3 occasions just caressed the ball as a pass to the keeper, all 3 occasions in one on one situations. And to complete his misery, he blocked hosseini’s header that was heading for Qatari goal!

- If we had a half decent striker who knew how to SHOOT the ball (instead of caressing it), we would have been 3 up. but instead, we let in a very stupid soft goal.

- And btw, rezaei is still invisible and CQ still persists with him! (is CQ gay, per chance, who might be infatuated with short, stocky ppl?)

- We’re committing a lot of fouls in front of the goal. lack of discipline and composure may be the explanation.

- CQ-style subbing (coz once again, I see peculiar method & selection): instead of the invisible rezaei, he takes out the energetic khalatbari who’s been the best of the 3 man forward line. Can anybody explain this nonsense to me?

- Ando has been playing extremely well. As usual, he’s full of running and his passing has improved.

- It’s minute 75 and I still see rezaei on the pitch!!! Seriously, … I wonder couldn’t reza nowroozi do what rezaei has done in the past 2 games??? … which is basically nothing. Just run around aimlessly and fade out of the plot for long periods!! In fact, for that matter, couldn’t reza nowroozi do what ansarifard does?? … which is slowly pass the ball to the opponents’ keeper?

- WWWOOWW! Pouladi saves our arse! Excellent tackle at minute 83. If hed got it wrong rahmati would have been left alone with the Qatari striker. Marvelous interception.
    Even Heidari has done well in defense. So our fullbacks are doing well. It is the middle of the park that we show vulnerabilities.

- Jabbari has shown a very ordinary player. And this is in form with his recent performances. … that is when he hasn’t been acting like a spoilt & selfish diva. Kamelan az cheshmam oftadeh.

- Now, Aghili tries his hand at life-saving tackles. Is there a competition between our defenders in this?

- Wowww! What a chance majidi scuffs! All he had to do was meet heidari’s marvelous cross heading down. Heif, heif.

Bottomline: Given the chances we had in the game (especially ansarifard’s) we could have won the game (had CQ selected his squad better and had a better starting line up). But the team’s overall performance and quality continues to improve and the trend is a positive one. All CQ has to do is CHOOSE HIS PLAYERS BETTER (be it for the squad or a match’s line up and its substitutions)

Side note: rahmati’s choice of jersey color. I’m glad he has started to choose darker colors (or in this case, the color of grass). This makes the forwards attacking our goal have difficulty spotting him. Especially those who don’t look up or have little time to check out the keepers’ positions.
    The worst thing for a keeper to do is to wear some bright colors or something that sticks out, which makes it easier for forwards to spot them, even if in their peripheral vision.

Good pressing.

Not happy with Rezayi, but have a hard time selecting another player which is
    a head and shoulder above him for that position.

Ansarifard should have done better, he played as if he had nothing to eat since breakfast.

The subs changed the flow of the game (formation change), the game became
    more attractive. Our 4-3-3 is not attractive enough.

Pouladi is impressing me, but he has a few games to win my confidence.

Wasted sub on the injured Neko.

I see a gradual improvement in TM's game.

Ill take that 1 point for now.
    Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Subbing Khalatbari out, and letting Rezaei and Ansarifard play for 90 minutes blows my mind!
      Just had to say that. I really don't feel like posting a whole lot more at this moment.
      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

The finishing was disastrous today. Really bad. Team IQ was zero.
        Gole moft ham ke khordim.

However
        1) Qatar always gives us a hard time. Its a mental block so huge I don't know how it can be fixed.
        2) We tied 1-1 at their home. Its not the end of the world.
        3) Ansarifar was bad, but at least we created chances this time.
        4) Qatar were outplayed for at least 70 minutes. A killer touch/finishing and TM can actually do quite well.

For me the two worst players were Rezaei and Heydari. Yes they touched the ball alot, but they have no vision. They can't cut through or play balls into dangerous space. All they do is fidget around and then pass horizontally.

Comment

I think it was a very good performance by our team. Very dominant and secure on the ball.

We, and especially Ansarifard, just failed to score the 2-0 despite many excellent chances. Then we were punished.

Yet, the 1-1 is more than an acceptable result. Overall, I see more positive aspects than negative ones.

I am again a bit more confident about WCQ now than I was before. CQ is building sth.

I hope we can have a friendly on FIFA matchday ahead of Bahrain.

Comment

- I'm taking bets and odds on both ansarifard and especially rezaei playing the next game, again.
            anyone against? I'm in 3 to 1.

- has someone told ansarifard that only strikers with the SILKY TOUCH are appreciated in football? does he really not know power is also useful? or does he have depth perception problem to think he's a few feet away from the goal to try such smooth and soft touches to "coax" the ball over the line?
            really! it was extremely frustrating to watch him play.

- CQ is still leaving a lot to be desired when it comes to his roster and starting line up (as well as sub choices) selections. I fear those "iranian hands" are still at work behind the scenes!

- and finally, whose balls shd reza nowroozi polish to get a chance at this failure of a forward line? surely NOW no-one can say those selected are the best we have and he doesnt deserve to be there.
            I mean just watch rezaei ( and before him, hadi nowroozi) on the picth and then tell me reza nowroozi doesnt deserve the call up.

Comment

just came back from the stadiuma,,,,

1) first of all, my dad called me and told me he saw me on tv. i was wearing a white shirt and black shorts and having some tokhme. did anyone else see me?

2) extremely hot and humid weather!

3) extremely disappointed in rezaei and ansarifard. if we would have removed both of them and put just 1 alizadeh instead, i doubt anything would change.
              for 90 minutes, i didnt see a single positive act by rezaei or ansarifard. not 1 good shot on goal, not 1 dangerous pass, not 1 dribbling of the opponent, nothing. wat was more surprising was to see reaei play for 90 minutes while khalatbari who was atleast combing with heydari to have some movements along the line being subbed out.

4) i liked jabbari's performance. since he came in the game, we were able to maintain possesion, i dont recall a single wrong pass by him. he dribbled but didnt do it extra, he passed well but we didnt have enough creative players to combine with him specially in the packed defense section.

5) our left side was very inactive and impotent upfront. pouladi hardly made any runs unlike heydari. but heydari had a lot of poor crosses.

6) hosseini had a lot of long aimless balls, much more than aghili, specially in the first half.

7) andranik just like 2006 is imposing himeslf on the team and quieroz to become a fixed starter. in 2 games, he has had 2 assists and 1 goal which is much more than all our fixed starters, strikers or non-strikers all alike!
              he also created the most dangerous chances of the game setting up ansarifard for a sitter and his beautiful curved shot which the qatari GK sent to corner which eventually led to our goal.
              first half, he made a lot of wrong passes and was only successful defensively but in second half, he was by far our best player in both attack and defense.

8) as usual, our defense lost concentration and became confused on the goal.

9) we played a good game in the second half specially, but we should have done a better score line. the crappy UAE team beat qatar few weeks ago 3-1 or 2-1 not sure.

10)i really hope to see rezaei benched until he gains his form again and im a fan of the guy! ansarifard too was very disappointed, he not only missed the easiest of chances, but refused to run enough, hassle and combine in team work unlike majidi specially in the indonesia game. i am very disappointed in him althoug its only 1 game.
              Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM.
              Originally posted by siavasharian
              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

The strategy of the game was set to "not lose" and that achieved.

That's why we didn't let our right and left back going forward.

Injury of Nekonam was a blow to the team harmony, when he is not there, it shows how important he is. CQ had a choice to bring Jabari or Zare, and his choice showed how he thinks about the game.

Every striker misses, but those misses hurts to the bone. We could have put the game aside with at least 3 goals advantages, instead we exchanged it with a tie. I don't mind investing on youth, but we have to accept that Majidi in his current form is our best choice. So, when we bench him, we should know that this is our investment for next generation.

Man of the match with no doubt was Ando, he has 6 lungs and run for 3 players.

Rezaei was even worse than the previous game. I think CQ goes to gel the team instead of using different formation. If I were him, I would bench both Khalatbari and Rezaei.

Pouladi had a good game, he stayed with his coach's decision and showed a good performance defensively. I think he gets better and better.

Both Hosseini and Hadi were good enough. Heidari is good enough too.

Jabari showed an acceptable performance with his one touch passes and make the game flow for us. Karimi was good enough too, he was too tired at the end and had to be subbed out. Zare is not my type of player, I would never choose him over P.Nouri.

Cheers,

Comment

being humble and honest, dejagah could have been useful to remind rezayi and khalatbari (even ansarifard)
                  that they have good competition (if dejagah get more play time).

we are most likely going to see dejagah in TM soon, even though im not very
                  happy how he did what he did with TM a few years till now.
                  Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post

Man of the match with no doubt was Ando, he has 6 lungs and run for 3 players.

indeed!
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Once again our offense line lacked what it takes to do what it's supposed to do "Scoring goals" yet again another defender came to our rescue (Who BTW later on neutralized his own beauty by that sloppy blunder and ball give away, causing the equalizer for the opponent).

The combo of Rezaei and Ansarifard was an epic fail in today's match against the mediocre Qatar team. What baffled me the most was how Mr. CQ decided to keep both failed players on and play them the entire 90 minutes, while subbing out the slightly better Khalatbari and even the somewhat on form Karimi. We clearly sucked up front and just relying on long balls into the box and scoring off headers has been nothing new to us, the Iranian football fans, seems like no matter who the coach is, we just are instructed to resort to sending long crosses from the sides into the opponent's penalty box, waiting for some random headers and lucky goals, although it paid off yet again, but this time from a corner kick!

Nekounam's injury was a huge blow and kind of dismantled our harmony and creativity/dominance in midfield. Maziar Zare isn't exactly what TM currently needs.

Once again many thanks to Ando's brilliance and fighting spirits in midfield, he runs like a horse and creates great opportunities both for our strikers and himself to score goals, not to mention his great contribution to his defensive duties. By far the best player on the pitch!

All in all we should have won this match by at least 2-3 goal margins had our strikers (Mainly Ansarifard) been smarter and more opportunist in converting their golden opportunities.

Many thanks to Agha Kasra for his report and in particular showing some nice "Tokhm" cracking on a global sports TV! and looking forward to read Maij's report from Qatar!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        1) Qatar always gives us a hard time. Its a mental block so huge I don't know how it can be fixed.
                        I beg to differ Nokhodi jaan. This past decade we have almost always managed to beat their behind. It's usually Jordan and Bahrain who cause us trouble and inconvenience quite often!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          Many thanks to Agha Kasra for his report and in particular showing some nice "Tokhm" cracking on a global sports TV! and looking forward to read Maij's report from Qatar!
                          It was Yashar not Kasra.
                          1st Kasra is not in Qatar but right now at a nightclub in Amsterdam
                          2nd he doesn't like Tokhmeh, he prefers Pesteh
                          3rd he rarely comes to F+, only when SS wins a game
                          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

unam tokhme aftab gardun
                            Originally posted by siavasharian
                            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                              It was Yashar not Kasra.
                              1st Kasra is not in Qatar but right now at a nightclub in Amsterdam
                              2nd he doesn't like Tokhmeh, he prefers Pesteh
                              3rd he rarely comes to F+, only when SS wins a game
                              Oops LOL my bad. Yashasin agha Yashar in that case then!

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                              unam tokhme aftab gardun
                              Pas zaaheran tokhmaaye besyaar aftab zadeyee boodan!

Comment

Working...
                              X