Finally a real leftback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally a real leftback

I am really becoming a fan of Meysam Hosseini of Esteghlal. He is a very fine defender. Finally a leftback who seems to have learned the job properly.

He is more of a defender than a winger, so maybe he is not the one to have many assists, but he is closing down his side perfectly and seems to be a very clever player.

I hope CQ has him on his radar and will give him a call-up soon. He's just 22 and would be a great alternative for leftback, where we traditionally have problems.

Btw, does anyone know how tall he really is? Wikipedia says 173cm, but I think that is wrong. He successfully played in central defense for SS a couple of time this season and I doubt anyone that small could do that. He surely isn't too tall, but I think he's at least a couple of centimeters taller than that.

indeed for such a young age and coming from azadegan in his first season, he has settled very well and he was even able to fill in as an urgent CB in a few games inspite of his short height.

i think 173cm seems a reasonable height for him.

his defensive duties seem good, but his offensive moves are at best average. he doesnt have enough speed and he lacks almost 0 technical skills. he is a completely single footed (left) player.
    he gives a stronger defensive performance than pouladi and hajsafi, but offensive wise, he cant do much except cross the ball everytime he gets it, or just make a side pass.
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

I agree that he's limited offensively, but so are Hajsafi and Pouladi defensively. And in the end, leftback is a defender's job. I would appreciate to at least have him as defensive alternative for left fullback in the squad alongside a more offensive option. Especially considering the very offensive nature of our right fullbacks, who often push forward and leave the other three in defense on their own, basically as threeback.

Comment

^
        true, he adds a different dimension to the team and can be good for defensive purposes.
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

never heard of him..! any vids..!?
          if he sucks that bad @ going forward...! i doubt if he will get on CQ's radar..!!?

Comment

^ Haven't you seen any Esteghlal games this season? He meanwhile is their fixed leftback.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
              ^ Haven't you seen any Esteghlal games this season? He meanwhile is their fixed leftback.
              not really...!!
              less than a handful of IPL games..! mostly karimi/pp games..!!

Comment

^ someone ban this guy plz! first of all, he is a soorakh madridi, on top that that he doesnt even watch SS games
                ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

He is still very young (March) only 7 months older than Jamaati (October).Both are still 22 years old and one should be invited for list of 16 unless they mean under 22.

Comment

havent seen much of him. But I trust you guys' observations of his capabilities as you seem to watch him regularly. However, given how Jamaati has done well at both defending as well as offense, and given his pace, one would give him a better chance of making the cut.

But since this is iran and given the ss\pp monopoly of TM, I just wont bet on the matter of merit or performance when it comes to its call ups!

As for LB, I see ashjari is on an ascendency. So his story aint over yet.
                    I'm still not convinced by pouladi either.
                    Overall I think mahini is still our best option who can deliver BOTH ofensively and defensively.

Comment

Unfortunately he didn't play the last game as his spot was occupied by Samuel. Hopefully he can win his position back.

Comment

again i saw only last 20 minutes of todays game and the highlights, and hosseini seemed solid in defense. he is very calm yet a real fighter!

but not much could be said in his contribution to offense unfortunately
                        ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

I missed today's game but I read Dr. Doom was unimpressed by his performance. I guess that almost guarantees a bright future for Hosseini .

But joking aside. He simply is much more a defender than a midfielder, which might not be the worst thing for a left defender... .

Comment

Working...
                          X