Goalkeeping problem on the horizon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    u think rahmati will never do another mistake in his life?
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
      ^
      u think rahmati will never do another mistake in his life?

This thread has basically been about bashing rahmati for his mistakes and what not, To me currently, If rahmati scores 7 own goals in the next match against qatar, he is still our number one keeper because the amount of points/goals and dignity he saved us from is much more valuable

Comment

Rahman Ahmadi switching from Sepahan to Saipa. LOL

Comment

With the discussion about Rahmati having finally slowed down, I would like to come back to the initial idea of this thread, the lack of backups for our number one.

Number two was Alireza Haghighi, who has no match praxis in Russia and now unfortunately but not so unexpectedly was dropped. Number three had been Gordan who is not playing for PP anylonger after one blunder. Another option was Forouzan, but he lost his starting spot at Tractor in week 7 to Agil Etemadi.

So basically all backups are gone with the new ones being Ahmadi and Makani, who actually had been number 5 and 6 in Queiroz ranking. I really don't like either of them too much and wouldn't feel too comfortable with them in goal in crucial games, however, Ahmadi at least brings vast experience from ACL and the way our keepers are switched around, I think he will establish himself as number 2 or 3 now for quite some time.

I generally think our IPL coaches are too impatient, switching the keeper too easily - most recently Sadeghi at Sepahan or the mentioned examples.

Comment

actually rahman ahmadi in the past TWO+ seasons has proved he is more than capable of being the second in line

I feel sorry for gordan though. EVERY bloody keeper makes blunder every once in a while. but they dont get dropped AND FORGOTTEN immediately into a dungeon with no sign of sunlight! Jose is simply too bloody harsh on him.
            as if with this nielson chap they've been winning!!! hah!
            Gordan deserves more than this

but dont forget, none of this means rahmati has corrected his problems with crosses. he still continues to make mistakes on them. so he's not out of the doghouse yet

Comment

^ Maybe, but ever since the discussion started I am really taking a deeper look at many keepers and see blunders by Bundesliga keepers with crosses and coming out on regular basis that I can assure you if Rahmati would be 100% secure on crosses, he'd be among the world's top keepers.

He is good with some shortcomings which are not worrying for the level we are competing, we are just putting our players under the microscope.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post

I generally think our IPL coaches are too impatient, switching the keeper too easily - most recently Sadeghi at Sepahan or the mentioned examples.
                I think you need to watch Al Ahli - Sepahan match to see why Sadeghi is dropped to number 2 in Sepahan. After this match , I would drop him to no 6

sigpic

Comment

^ Maybe, but ever since the discussion started I am really taking a deeper look at many keepers and see blunders by Bundesliga keepers with crosses and coming out on regular basis that I can assure you if Rahmati would be 100% secure on crosses, he'd be among the world's top keepers.

He is good with some shortcomings which are not worrying for the level we are competing, we are just putting our players under the microscope.

Hmmmmm..... I would take that statement with a pinch of salt and perhaps some tobasco to go wit it.

Granted , at the moment he is the best option for Team Melli and he seems to be the only option...And that is the real problem ( being the only option).

I have not seen much wrong with him in the last few matches with Esteghlal and frankly I would not fault him much for the goal against Lebanon either, well maybe a little. This stable period of solid goalkeeping by Rahmati is crucial for Team Melli and goes a long way in giving him self confidence against Korea. i dearly hope that the goalkeeping coach has worked intensively with him of his most vulnerable weaknesses, crosses and timing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                    he seems to be the only option...And that is the real problem ( being the only option).
                    This line nails exactly the point I was trying to make in the initial post back then. And the issue has developed to what I was afraid it would.

Comment

once again, Ill say it again and again. In terms of reflexes and 1vs1, rahmati is pretty top class... if he was trained professionally in terms of exits from the goal... he could probably play in any top euro league
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I think he needs to get his eyes checked up.
                        serious. he seems to mistake the flight path of the balls and that means his eyes are decieving him.
                        he either comes out too late or too quickly, and that means his judgment of the path is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          I think he needs to get his eyes checked up.
                          serious. he seems to mistake the flight path of the balls and that means his eyes are decieving him.
                          he either comes out too late or too quickly, and that means his judgment of the path is wrong.
                          That very interesting , Doc. I guess I should not be too surprised coming from a man in the medical field ,nevertheless , I wonder if that (his eyes sight , that is) is an issue with Rahmati that makes him misjudge the flight of the ball?.
                          With pilots , there are lots of focus on eye sight as one can imagine. It goes without saying that a pilot must have a near perfect eye sight. There is another element in the eye sight that has been of much concern in aviation and that is referred to as Optical illusion. It is a very long and interesting subject , which I would not even try to indulge in , suffice to say that some pilots, even with perfect eyesight, can suffer from this phenomena leading to misjudging of what they see. Needless to say that many fatal accidents have occurred because of this.

I seriously doubt that someone has actually checked this with Rahmati...it is a long shot , but you never know.

sigpic

Comment

This line nails exactly the point I was trying to make in the initial post back then. And the issue has developed to what I was afraid it would.
                            People tend to confuse the two issues here. Ine , being the best , Two , if this so-called best , is good enough.
                            Perhaps , Rahmati is the best option BUT that best could not be good enough.

The fact that Rahmati is no 1 , does not in any way means that we have high quality and reliable goalkeeper. Same goes for every player , in fact. There is no use saying that Nekounam is our best defensive midfielder , yet he is under-performing and not delivering when needed.

In any case , I don't and never believed in the fans definition of "the best". There is no such thing in football. There is no thermometer to measure the degrees of players performance , neither is there a proper mechanism to select a best. Al such claims by the fans ( and even some media personnel) is nothing but figment of their wild imagination or their wishful thinking , that has nothing to do with reality. There are very rare exceptions though.

sigpic

Comment

I think, the goalkeeping,is the last problem in TM we should worry about.

Comment

I saw this little gem (just before our final WCQ game vs korea)

Originally posted by Martin-Reza

And we rolled the grass like we were half Bahrainis and half Qataris against them (especially Mehdi Al Rahmati), who can complain about them being fed up with that?
                                I'm going to keep this post as it will be extremely useful for a later discussion. once the WCQ's are done

Comment

Working...
                                X