Iran - Jordan (friendly) - 23/2/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran - Jordan (friendly) - 23/2/12

Hardly anything to write about as it was a very boring game until minute 60 when Mohamad Nouri came in which allowed Karimi to move more forward and help the hapless forward line of TM.

The first half was one bore-fest that the less said about, the better for all involved. Even so was the first 15 minn’s of the second half which saw two straight subbing of ghazi for nowrouzi and pejman nouri for hadadifard (who played a very uncharacteristic performance by him. I suspect his injury is to be blamed). In these 60 minutes we had very poor crosses, freekicks and corner kicks that makes an amateurish 3rd division team blush. Lots of unnecessary “bezan ziresh” from defense to forward line that made it easy for the Jordanians to read and head away.

The only slightly bright and rare spots in the first 60 minutes were by Mahini and Karimi. But after 60th minute, the whole team was forced to play quicker and more purposeful football. And got their just rewards through the goal which was rather comical as Karimi pushed Nouri out of his way to head in the ball. Lol

Both Gh. Rezaei and Ansarifard were big let downs, with Rezaei’s inability to think logically and choose his shots/passes/crosses well and Ansarifard for … well, for being what he has been in the last year, which is highly inefficient and too loose and soft in making shots. I seriously cant remember if he has EVER had a powerful shot at any goal. he seems very weak or just thinks ONLY soft touches will suffice for a striker!!!! Ansarifard once again proved he needs to really rethink his technique and skills of goal scoring. Merely tap-ins or soft touches will not do in a national team player.

The new kid, haghighi at def-mid also slowly grew into the game and gained confidence. So this was a good pick by CQ in investing for the future.

CQ was spared with (yet again) Ghazi’s heroics which was from a RARELY SEEN quality cross from width. One can only imagine if this urgency and focus was present from the beginning of the game what would have been the result. But the poor game plan and tactics of the first 60 minutes leave cause for worry. This team needs to play together more often.

what worries me is that until the aging Karimi was pushed up to help the attacks, our team played a clueless, incoherent football with very little imagination from the middle (Hadaifard has totally lost all his wonderful touches and through passes!!!) and quite weak on both flanks with pretty pathetic crosses until the 60th minute.
    but seeing how they kicked it up and played with urgency, the very same flank players became more active and more accurate with their crosses.

so basically the team needs a kick in the butt AND a 34 year old player to get things going? is this how we're going to compete with japan or aussies or koreans?

We controlled the game, however, we had troubles creating many chances, which is rather untypical for us.

What seems to be typical for us now is stamina and the right attitude, as we never give up and reward ourselves.

Ansarifard disappointed, but he had to play on left wing and after all assisted Karimi's goal nicely, which is worth a lot.

Karimi, as good as he was, made me go crazy a couple of time too. First by basically assisting Jordan's first goal, secondly by hesitating too long in the box after good dribblings. I don't see him to force an in-form Jabbari on the bench anylonger, but he is a great joker for second halves.

As you, I liked the young DM Reza Haghighi, but I have to see him more often before making a real judgement on him. Apart from him, some other players had quite good performances too, like Mohammad Nouri, Ghazi or Hajsafi.
    Last edited by Martin-Reza; 02-23-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I would not categorize this game as a bore , in fact it was exciting judging on the times i jumped of my sofa . Yep , that is my yardstick for measuring the excitement of a football match

One needs to seriously consider the motives of friendly games , it is trials and performance rather than result , that should be sought. If I was CQ , I would be happy about both while a few things would've concerned me. Sure , it is Work in progress for the team , but this is Team Melli like it has been through the ages.

I am quite refreshed by the passing and the short ones for that to break the opposition. The major "Bezan be zirish" was no one other than our dear old Hadi Aghili , who will keep on sending those useless, clueless , unwise and hail Mary long balls of his , no matter who is the coach , what game , what tactics or what is the result !!!! Aghili is a lost cause in this matter. The others did not employ this tactic and I hardly consider Team Melli under CQ as being a "Bezan be zirish" team.

My major concern is the increasing shaky performance of Mehdi Rahmati. In the first goal . he barely moved although the ball has ricochet of Aghili and lost quite a lot of its pace before passing in front of the watching Seyed! and the second one , the penalty....well...Amateurish is the word I am looking for.

I agree that Karimi might not be a fixed player for the upcoming matches , but by God he really played well and gave it all. Yes, one or two occasions , he screwed up , like the first goal and then the pass behind the rushing forwards, but if we look at the big picture , Karimi was probably the best performer in the team.

I am not concerned with what I saw for a friendly match and think that the team is slowly progressing and filling gaps. The ultimate test would be Qatar and then the real thing , the final round of WCQ matches.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        As you, I liked the young DM Reza Haghighi, but I have to see him more often before making a real judgement on him. , Ghazi ....
        Although it was his first game for TM , he has played for U19 , U21 national teams. He was first showed promis when he played for Payame Khorasan. I actually recall over 4 years ago his game vs Esteghlal ,then Mehrdad Pouladi was playing for Esteghlal !. Pouladi cam in second half replacing Januario l
        Sometimes consistency and hard work pays off , this is also the case for Ghazi. I recall his game in lig 1 for Foulad about 4 years ago.Then Januario was playing in Lig 1 for Foulad !

Payam then

پيام مشهد: مجيد غلامي، علرضا جليلي يوسف نژاد، روح ا... سلطاني، محمد سهيمي، سجاد اميدي(58- آرفي)، ابراهيم شكوري(73- رضا حقيقي شانديز)، مرتضي برگي زر، حسين كوشكي(28- محسن ارزانيان)، محمد حسن رجب زاد و محمد صنعتي
        Foulad Then
        فولاد اهواز:
        خالد شحيطاوى، جلال كاملى مفرد، احمدآل نعمه، رضا مردانى، على بداوى، ساندرو داسيلوا، جانواريو، عليرضا دغاغله (محمد قاضى نجف آبادى ۵۷)، اسماعيل شريفات (على عبادى ۸۷)، نادر احمدى (بختيار رحمانى ۷۵)، احمد مومن زاده
        سر مربى: ايناسيو

One reason i recall those games was high score margin of over 4 goals.
        Then Reza was barely 18, and Bakhtiar was barely 17

Comment

I agree with most points here.

Haghighi looks promising, almost like a younger Nekounam. Tall, aggressive, and calm on the ball. We will hopefully never see Zareh in TM anymore.

I thought we played well considering the fact we were missing 5-6 of our first team regulars. Karimi was playing with gheirat, but he got really upset at the Jordanians harsh tackles early in the game and that threw him off his game a little bit. But he is still the smartest and most modern player we have, by miles. By the way, did anybody notice Karimi standing near the pitch yelling out instructions right before Iran's second goal? I love to see such passion and leadership. The love this man has for his people and nation is unparalleled.

Mahini was decent, and had a good assist on the second goal. Hajasfi was itching to release one of his famous thunderous shots with his left foot, but was unlucky a few times. I would really like to see Hajsafi further forward. That's his natural position. His skill, shot, technique, and vision make him deadly around the box.

As for Rahmati, I was his #1 fan not too long ago, but I have to give credit to Maij, as soon as he pointed it out in the forums, I started noticing Rahmati's faults. Although the first goal was a deflection, he should've at least attempted to react instead of standing frozen. And the second goal showed poor judgment on his part, but it was also a complete defensive breakdown that lead to a 1v1. Rahmati was pretty much hopeless there.

I trust CQ and have the utmost faith and confidence in his coaching ability. Go TM!

Comment

Team Melli needs to play games with worthy opponents to improve. For heaven's sake the last decent opponent was Russia over a year ago. IFF needs to scramble and line up a couple of South American teams.... I am sure they are not even trying, let alone persisting!

As for the match today, nobody really stood out until the last strike from Ghazi; for a moment I thought it was a young Daie in the box who took the header! From the IPL side, Bakhtiar Rahmani deserves a tm call up. I also can't wait to see Dejagah in the Qatar game.

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

I would not criticize IFF at all for picking this opponent. On the contrary , it was a smart move.

Why should IFF plan to play Brazil or Holland at this stage? We need to play against the oppositions that we will be regularly competing against and those teams that we have difficulty breaking them , exactly like Jordan. The events of the match was such a proof.

As a fan , I don't mind watching Team Melli play against the Creme le Creme of World football , but in reality that is really more in the category of entertainment and cosmetics. It is teams such as Jordan , Iraq , Bahrain ...etc , that we need to beat in order to reach the WC.

sigpic

Comment

^ Maij you have a point, but the fact is Iran has not played any really good sides since over a year ago when Mansoorian coached Iran to that 1-0 win over Russia. This lack of quality opposition is going to cause a confidence issue for Iran, once Team Melli gets to the World Cup. It's like a student who wants to compete at the World Mathematics Olympiads, but only prepares with some routine Calculus books and doesn't practice with any challenge problems.
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
                X