Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the F+ members: Are you satisfied with the 23-man squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that haveing Mobali would have given us a better chance of anything but I thought that ,Branko , knowing that he will not use either one anyways, could have taken Mobali over Khatibi, only because he had raised this kid himself. I say four years of constantly calling a player shows that the coach sees something in him. I remember Branko saying he saw teymourian for 10 minutes and he was sold on him. He saw Mobali for 4 years..... to drop him. I don't mind the fact that Mobali is not there. I mind the fact that he kept him for 4 years and then he droped him.

list of 23 will always have a few that should have and could have. How branko uses the list, is what all the fuss is about.

I , personally would not have had Daie, Gol or Bakhtiari zadeh on the team. (I would have prefered daie had gone as an assistant coach). I believe in the young blood. Out with the old already.

The younger players he chose are among the best that we think we have. So he did good there. kazemian, shojaie and madanchi were good picks. Shojaie , seems like a player with a cool head on his shoulders. This would be a great experience for them. Madanchi , if given a chance, may be a wild card.

I am not crazy about Khatibi, Enayati or Teymourian either.

bottom line,

we have 3 key players in Karimi, Kia and Vh. the old man is up front giving it his last push, nekounam is the horse in the middle, Rezai in the back field calming things down, and a few younger guys runing around like crazy kidds in a WC game. god bless them.

So, yes the list is fine.

Comment

I am extremely satisfied with the squad. I wanted to see any one of these three "fringe" players make it: Madanchi, Kazemian, and Shojaei, and they all did. I didnt mind the exclusion of mobali (i think i may be the only one), i think he is a bit overrated. The only thing that I may have done differently is have some different forewards. I dont think enayati or khatibi are very good. But there is really no good iranian strikers. Dejagah is OK, but we all know the situtation with him. Very good selections overall, though.

Comment

lol, I just read behzads post and we said basically the exact same thing...

Comment

Working...
        X