Total football versus Intelligent football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total football versus Intelligent football

If you guys want to watch just one game this saturday (march 31st) for whatever reason be it for pure attraction of football, or for you interest in strategy, or if you like offensive games, or if you like "total football" or ... or just basically watch football to learn things, you better watch the BARCELONA-ATHLETIC BILBAO game.

Athletic Bilbao has been making the waves in europe with their all attacking and attractive style of total football with break-neck speed and where every player attacks as well as defends and scalping big names like Man-U (no less) along the way. They also do a weird man-marking all over the pitch which is a very peculiar form of pressing that only young, athletic kind of players can manage in a game.

As for Barca I hope I dont have to explain much. suffice it to say that this is going to be a clash of Barca's intelligent football along with their traditional possession game and intricate passing versus a team that is young, daring and plays a total football that defenders attack and attackers defend no matter where on the pitch and who they are. Thanks to Marcelo Bielsa (who is rumored to take Guardiola's post once he leaves Barca).

at the same time, I'm going to keep an ear out for Osasuna-Madrid game to see Neku and the boys shave off 2-3 more points off moan-rinho's rabid dogs. if that happens, given his unstable psychology, I'm predicting another mental break down by the "specially retarded one". hahaha.
    I wonder how much LOWER he will get with his antics and dirty behavior. just like how he tried to pressure the european refs by saying "I hope after milan-barca game we are not talking about refs" insinuating that barca is favored by refs (the gall of the chap when in reality it has been madrid who's been the recipient of countless favors from refs and wrong calls throughout the season).
    But we did end up talking about refereeing decisions which, as usual, were AGAINST barca (two penalties not called, one mere 4-5 feet in front of the blind swedish ref).
    so it's going to be quite exciting watching moan-rinho break down once again and go total loco.
Working...
X