Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran's squad in Waff; Affarin Doctor Doom, else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haghighi-Ebrahimi seems like the future Nekounam-Ando combo, I just don't see the very same quality those two players had in their prime in the other two yet though.

I agree Ebrahimi seems to have the technique to deliver pinpoint passes low and high. I am just not yet sure if he has the vision and timing like a Jabbari for instance but also a Nekounam has. That is not a must for a DM, but one of the abilities I would consider as "special".

As said, there is nothing wrong with his attitude and effort, I am just not convinced it can fully make up for his physical deficits unfortunately.

Overall I just have the feeling he is a bit hyped. Like Mobali, he's a fine player but I don't see him being the answer to many problems, which is something many people would certainly wish for of course.

Hopefully there will be new learnings from tomorrow's game about him. Would be a surprise if he didn't start.
    Last edited by Martin-Reza; 12-14-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

^ but why compare ebrahimi with jabbari? he's not the playmaker and we have others who can step in as the playmaker of the team.

2- yes, the solution to our problems is using NAMES even if they cant mark their opponents or run hard after minute 60. that's the solution!!!!

Comment

Folks, please, let's focus on the game at hand tomorrow. I wish the team shows some gheyrat and wins versus Yemen in a way that they still advance from the group. The dry season and stagnation has got to end.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Ok, three matches played, 19 players used, tournament over for us.

"B" players who I would really like to see again: Yaghoob Karimi, Payam Sadeghian and Shoja Khalilzadeh.

Also on the positive side were Omid Ebrahimi, Omid Nazari, Mehrdad Oladi (I like his work rate and technique of course), Abolghasem Dehnavi, Milad Nouri and all the three keepers.

Unconvincing were Ahmad Hassanzadeh, Mehdi Nazari and Vahid Esmailbeigi.

Khanzadeh showed potential but also that he needs much more experience to become a serious candidate. Fakhreddini was poor against Saudi Arabia but brought some fresh air today. I don't think he can help us forward for this WCQ though either.

Montazeri, Pouladi and Hajsafi are A team players anyways and didn't disappoint.

Mosalman was the only player not used, reportedly he didn't even make it to Kuwait.

Comment

Khanzadeh was below average today. Central defenders can not make such mistakes he made. Mostly due to lack of playing time in club and lack of experience. He has the ingredients but need to gain more experience.

Ebrahimi was the best product of this tournament for TM.

Y.Karimi continued to impress.

Sadeghian stayed in grey area. Too young too inconsistent. Just like Khanzadeh, needs more time.

Lak was shaky, Esmaeil beigi and Hassanzadeh were terrible, Fakhredini is not a good defender but great offensive tool.

Khallil Azad lacks height for CD but is very strong.

Scratch off Dehnavi. We don't need another low IQ player in TM.

Nouri and Nazari were solid but not TM starter quality.

Oladi was ...... Oladi .....

I can't make up my mind about Makani. We need to see more of him.
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
            Go IRAN!

Comment

I simply can't see what some of you seem to see in Omid Ebrahimi, who is a fine solid player without a doubt, but not nearly in the line of the great Neko and Ando who are still available in a more than acceptable footballing age. For me Dehnavi is better than Ebrahimi in almost every department but age.

He has an even higher work rate, much more offensive contribution, much better goalscoring ability, can play in more positions and has a stronger physique, beside being taller too. I don't see him being weaker in one-on-ones or even finishing - although I think Ebrahimi has the stronger shot, Dehnavi knows how to score better.

I don't think Dehnavi is a low-IQ player and certainly not lower than Ebrahimi. He surely is no playmaker, but he has a good feeling for making the right run and pass.

I just wished he was six years younger.

However, Ando is still head and shoulders above Dehnavi, which makes it particularily interesting how much Ebrahimi is seen as a kind of saviour.

At the moment he probably wouldn't even make my 23-man TM squad, or just narrowly, with barely a chance of playing if Ando is fit.

Comment

^ it's so easy to 'read' you mate. sometimes even easy to push you in one direction or another by merely supporting or criticizing a player.
                yeah and since xavi is smaller, with lesser physique and shorter, low scoring stats, ... , then he is rated below dehnavi, right?
                oh, wait ... iniesta also is short, weak and small with not great scoring stats. oh wait, there are other "hobbits" (as you put it) all around too.

lets call a whole bunch of basketball players. what say you?
                because we refuse to see WHAT a player does with the ball or how he helps the team's movement or how he controls the midfield or ... . all that is fluff and inconsequential, right?

Comment

I said I barely see an aspect of the game in which Ebrahimi is superior to Dehnavi and mentioned no less than 8 of such categories in my post. Your selective perception is highly interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    Let's call a whole bunch of basketball players. What say you?
                    ^
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                      I said I barely see an aspect of the game in which Ebrahimi is superior to Dehnavi and mentioned no less than 8 of such categories in my post. Your selective perception is highly interesting.
                      that is YOUR view and your right. I hope you arent bothered by being in an extreme minority though.

Comment

Speaking of "basketball players", we used to have someone here on the F+, who was a huge fan of Kaabi.
                        Can't recall who that was now. Maybe Martin himself?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                          Speaking of "basketball players", we used to have someone here on the F+, who was a huge fan of Kaabi.
                          Can't recall who that was now. Maybe Martin himself?

cant wait for a reply

Comment

sigpic

Comment

^ I got no problem with sending these lads and will not use that as the cause of elimination from waff.
                              in fact, lets not make too much of a big deal out of this elimination.
                              lets not forget that this year unlike almost all other editions of waff, saudi arabia also took part in it and unlucky for us, they were slotted in our group. not to mention the absurd ruling on which second team advances.
                              we and CQ needed to test a batch of young lads to find alternatives to the main team ... IF HE REALLY MEANS IT AND IS REALLY LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVES.

judging from the tajik --> uzbeks sequence, it is natural for many to doubt how genuine his intentions are.
                              how can you blame someone from thinking this call up was just to pull the wool over people's eyes and pretend he is not happy and is looking at alternatives? until we actually see the team step onto the field in qatar, we wont know what his intentions were and how honest/truthful he's been.

but I doubt anyone can deny there were at least 4 or 5 lads who showed plenty of skills, hunger and drive to dislodge the more "famous and bigger" names at TM. and if we dont see these guys in the 18 squad (barring injuries or ... in the meantime), then you cant blame people calling CQ all sorts of things

Comment

life is so unfair from time to time, maybe it would be more just to give you, as the Master of Football, the opportunity to use your "key" players right before you fail like everyone else .....

But then again, I would miss your comedic touch....
                                TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Working...
                                X