Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was a tough campaign, just got tougher!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was a tough campaign, just got tougher!!!

No. I'm not talking about CQ making an easy campaign of WCQ's into yet another tough road with a whole lot of the usual "ifs & buts".
    I'm talking about the final 3 rapid-fire games where our last game against the south koreans, as detrimental and crucial as it became (no thanks to some poor handling of the campaign), just got even more complicated and difficult for us.

I hear they changed the venue of the game from Seoul to Ulsan. And apparently Ulsan does not have an international airport!
    I know the apologists will flock all around and say silly inanities like "so what" or "they have airprots" or the great general cliche of "if we want to play in WC, we have to ...."!!! so I'm going to (try to) ignore such mindnumbing foolishness.

the problem with this change of venue is that now, our lads have to travel to seoul and then change airports to the domestic, and then board yet another flight to Ulsan. That is if IFF is not cheap enough to get them a bus ride!! highly possible with these cheapskates.
    And I'm not even going to fool myself that for once, they will use our "beit-ol-maal" properly and actualy charter a plane that flies straight to Ulsan. That would be like expecting the morons at IFF to "think"! That's asking for too much.

so now, we have 3 games in rapid successions with two away games, first one in scorching heat of summer in qatar, and a game with extreme high pressure on our lads to make sure we get the 3 points ... then a flight back to Iran to play another high pressure, must-win game against lebanon, then another flight to Seoul (God knows where the stop-over would be and how long that one would take) and more shuffling to another domestic airport and yet another flight to Ulsan!
    (... and some people think our 30+ "experienced" players will have the legs or stamina to show their "experience"!!!!)

This is an eye opening issue to all the fools who think South Korea will take it easy in their last game as they'd have qualified by then. There were other fools also (like me) who used to think Koreans played straight and wouldnt resort to such tactics. lesson learned.

now we rue all those opportunties we had earlier in the campaign to risk more and play more aggressively to give us a cushion for the final 3 games, so we wouldnt be this desperate to get the 9 points from the 3 last matches!

oh, and let this be a lesson for us, Iranians that we are truly suckers and gullible simpletons to wave away our rights to give our team an advantage by choosing different venues for our int'l games. we foolishly and idiotically insist on Azadi game after game, which is well known to all our opponents. While each tournament and season we ignore how we can turn things slightly to our advantage if we used places like Tabriz (for games against arab teams with the difference in altitude, temprature, ... )!

Yes, we have ourselves to blame too as we behave like retarded or scared little mice with inferiority complex, too frightened to use what's our rights!

Comment

Like I said in the other post, we could give teams so much trouble by playing in ghadir in Ahvaz, or like you said in tabriz!
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        And I'm not even going to fool myself that for once, they will use our "beit-ol-maal" properly and actualy charter a plane that flies straight to Ulsan. That would be like expecting the morons at IFF to "think"! That's asking for too much.
        You got your wish Peyman jaan. Here it is. They got Aseman Airline to sponsor TM and there will be a Charter to Qatar and Korea.

Source: ISNA

عضو هیات رییسه فدراسیون فوتبال پس از موافقت شرکت هواپیمایی آسمان برای حمایت مالی از تیم ملی گفت: قصد داریم از همه ظرفیت*های اقتصادی کشور برای کمک به تیم ملی استفاده کنیم.

شهاب الدین عزیزی خادم در گفت*وگو با خبرنگار ورزشی خبرگزاری دانشجویان ایران (ایسنا)، درباره اسپانسر جدید تیم ملی فوتبال، گفت: امروز در جلسه*ای با حضور هیات مدیره شرکت هواپیمایی آسمان به توافق اولیه رسیدیم که در دو بازی باقی مانده تیم ملی در انتخابی جام جهانی، این شرکت هواپیمایی ایرباس 340 خود را به صورت چارتر در اختیار تیم ملی قرار دهد. ان*شاءالله هفته* آینده قرارداد نهایی با حضور رییس فدراسیون فوتبال امضا می*شود
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
        Go IRAN!

Comment

^ well, I'm going to go out and look for flying pigs next. coz if that (^) hppens, then this has more chances of happening too

btw, apparently even in case of a chartered flight, there IS a bus ride involved. no matter what.
          it seems the nearest airport to Ulsan is PUSAN's.
          so without a chartered flight, the pattern would be :
          tehran - XXXX - Seoul - Pusan and then a bus ride to Ulsan!!!!! (XXX being the stop-over depending on the airline these cheapos usually use)
          and with a chartered flight :
          tehran - pusan (hopefully nonstop) , then a bus ride to Ulsan!

seems koreans are just as vindictive and "kineh-ei" as any and they will resort to anything to repay Iran for their loss in azadi! ... even if they'd already qualified!

Comment

no doubt, SK's change in playing venue for our game is Tactical in nature..!!
            Koreans know full well they are not the same quality as before and that in all likeliness the winner of that match will book their direct ticket to Brazil at the expense of the other..!!
            they have to give themselves all the advantages possible and try to put us in as difficult of a situation as possible too...!! it wouldnt surprise me to see them pull off some other psychological war of words and other cheap scams after TM arrival to impede our preparations and improve their chances of a victory..!!

this new sponsorship is a blessing..and very timely..!!

Comment

Working...
            X