Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Set pieces at the world cup vs Portugal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set pieces at the world cup vs Portugal...

Am I the only one that is worried about this?

After seeing the offensive movement on Pauleta`s headed goal from the other day it seems they have been working specifically on set pieces (maybe in preparation for exploiting our weakness) and I don`t think we have the defensive ability or organisation on set pieces to handle it...

I don`t think we`ve addressed the problem that was highlighted by the QPR game and if we don`t do something I`m afraid that I can see us conceding a few headed goals from corners.

What can we do about it? Drafting Sohrab into a centre back 3 perhaps? Keeping Daei in the team just for defensive set pieces? Recalling Nader MohammadKhani ...any ideas? anyone?

Ali jaan, there will be some adjustments in the line up. But all in all, the main problem with Iran is the average height. Most of our players, inlcuding defenders are below average. And everytime. with a long ball coming into our box, my fingers get crossed!
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    Go IRAN!

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali
      Am I the only one that is worried about this?
      After seeing the offensive movement on Pauleta`s headed goal from the other day it seems they have been working specifically on set pieces (maybe in preparation for exploiting our weakness) and I don`t think we have the defensive ability or organisation on set pieces to handle it...
      I don`t think we`ve addressed the problem that was highlighted by the QPR game and if we don`t do something I`m afraid that I can see us conceding a few headed goals from corners.
      What can we do about it? Drafting Sohrab into a centre back 3 perhaps? Keeping Daei in the team just for defensive set pieces? Recalling Nader MohammadKhani ...any ideas? anyone?
      rezazadeh
      Gal'e Noii

Comment

considering the fact that figo is an expert in freekicks, and ronaldo and pauleta having expert heading abilities and knowing that our defense main weakness is marking their man on high balls and miscalculations of mirzapour in coming out or not, im afraid ur right, we are most probably gonna have problems facing portugal.

i think the best thing is to mark man-to-man, and I MEAN MAN-TO-MAN not like the previous croatia, costa rica and QPR games, their players, specially ronaldo and pauleta to make sure the ball doesnt even touch their head!

we got yahya, rezai, daei,hashemian,nekounam even nosrati/sohrab if they are playing who can all head the ball away and here comes another point we shouldnt forget, WE NEED ONE OR TWO PLAYERS OUTSIDE OUE PENALTY AREA TO KICK THE REBOUNDS AWAY AS WELL!
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
        X