Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What good does it do to score 5 against Bosnia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoring 5 goals against any International team in football is an achievement
    Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

There are two main things that bother the hell out of me when I watch our TM play:

1) Defensive errors
      2) Holding onto the ball too much. Teymourian does it all the time, as does Nekounam, as does Khatibi, as does Golmo, as does Nosrati...

we are not quick. we should be passing the ball much quicker. Everytime we had the ball in that game, we'd pause, enjoy the sun, and then pass, instead of looking up and passing RIGHT away. THIS is what i liked from Shojaei. He passed 1-touch a lot of the time, and dribbled in the right moments.
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz
        There are two main things that bother the hell out of me when I watch our TM play:
        1) Defensive errors
        2) Holding onto the ball too much. Teymourian does it all the time, as does Nekounam, as does Khatibi, as does Golmo, as does Nosrati....
        very good point, faraz jan.
        now there are two aspects to this:

1- khatibi holding onto the ball is one thing, as he is far away from our 18 and is trying to do some stuff there.

but yahya and nosrati holding onto the ball ( and attempting to dribble ) is another, as they are our defenders and they do this in or near our 18.
        no wonder these two have had the most number of turn-overs and mistakes culminating in goals.
        shdnt they be told not to do so?
        who shd do it?
        me?
        you?

2- the second aspect is the "reason" for this holding.
        it means the players still dont know what to do with the ball.

when they get the ball, they have to wait, look around, and see who is where, and then they have to decide who is better positioned to pass to him.
        all this takes up time and that means the opponent has:

a- enough time to organize their defense
        b- time to attack the player with the ball

which results in so many turn-overs or bad passes, on our parts.

it also means there is NO TEAMWORK.
        5 years, working with the same set of players, they still are not taught once each one ( in each zone and post ) gets te ball, who shd be where and shd do what !!

the coach has been so inefficient, that after 5 years the players without the ball, still dont know what they shd do and where they shd be.

amoo, one look at some organized teams show you they pass to each other without looking up.

means the player with the ball already knows there will be a player down this side, doing this, and another doing that down the other side and .... etc.

now, ponder on these words:
        5 years !

what has been done in terms of teamwork, in these 5 years?
        nothing.
        zilch.
        just as we see, almost all our goals are borne out of our own individual brilliance and skills.

5 years !
        Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 06-02-2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz
          1) Defensive errors
          2) Holding onto the ball too much. Teymourian does it all the time, as does Nekounam, as does Khatibi, as does Golmo, as does Nosrati...
          we are not quick. we should be passing the ball much quicker. Everytime we had the ball in that game, we'd pause, enjoy the sun, and then pass, instead of looking up and passing RIGHT away. THIS is what i liked from Shojaei. He passed 1-touch a lot of the time, and dribbled in the right moments.
          this is also because our TM as a whole doesn t move fast and players are mostly walking up as if they really don t want the ball.....
          ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

Working...
          X