Iran - Guinea (friendly, March 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran - Guinea (friendly, March 2014)

Let me get the most important thing off my chest; Thank God we lost.

As shocking as that may seem, I think if we had won this game, all our deficiencies and problems would have been immediately ignored and forgotten by fans, and covered up and hidden by smooth talking people (from CQ to the IFF idiots to others).

The next issue is how some of our fans discounted (some even put down) the young and mostly debutante and supposedly ''reserve'' players who actually did very well, given the circumstances (no prep, no coordination, no int'l caps and experience, ... etcetcetc) by saying ''our main team players are this and that'' and drivel like ''this is why these players aren't in the main team''. You know, .. the usual Iranian fan nonsense.

But today we saw the ''main'' team. We saw how ''playing outside Iran'' TRULY makes the difference!! We saw how some players who ride their luck purely based on ''playing outside Iran'', who constantly enjoy a leeway and are consistently given a loooooong bloody rope after their repeated mistakes and subpar performances, continue to disappoint. Because there is little accountability in TM!

It also sheds a light on how disgraceful, foolish and idiotic Iranian fans are and how substandard their level of understanding football is, when they base any valuation on "where" the player plays his club games and not HOW the player actually played the TM game.

As for the game, I will write up my views later in the day. But suffice to say some of the ''reserves and often ignored players like Jamaati, Nowrouzi, Rahmani, Sadeghian, ... (if not better) have absolutely nothing less than the ''usual TM picks'' who enjoy an unjustified amount of leeway from the coach!

Compare the performance of the likes of Shojaei, Jabbari, ... who don't have the excuse of ''being new comer, or lack of int'l experience and exposure'' who don't have the immense pressure of ''proving yourself in 45 minutes or at best, a single game'' (the pressure the newcomers and ''reserves'' always have that our silly fans always discount.

Then the issue of ''playing abroad'' automatically and by default means better performance. Referring to Ahmadi's keeping compared to bundesliga's Davari.
    So I hope we throw away these silly misconceptions and beliefs once and for all and stick to the reality of '' PRESENT form and fitness'' in picking players.

Game review will follow, later.

Iran surely needs to play more games with top opposition to expose more of its problems before the World Cup. Today South Korea beat Greece 2-0 and Australia is 2-0 ahead versus Colombia in the first half. TM stopped playing any serious games for 9 months, and the results are showing.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

- Moving up:- Defense:- Shooting:Bottomline:

Comment

I'd have to agree too, Davari seemed as if he blanked out on the goals... Ahmadi would have stopped those shots. Davari might be making the errors due to his younger age and less experience, even though he regularly faces higher opposition in Bundesliga. If it were up to me, I would go head and field the same exact team which beat South Korea back in June 2013 to face Nigeria in Brazil.

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

I thought, Guinea..was a typical physical African team ( may be a little less physical than Nigeria ),..and they played well...but, TM played a more technical game...and was a little unlucky !

Comment

Working...
          X