Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 World Cup - IRAN - ARGENTINA

That hurt.
    Argentina had tons of half chances and in the end they score from nothing.
    Dame hamashoon garm. They all did their best, they played according to the plan.
    I don't complain about refs usually, but fuck him. Fuck him for being in awe of the Argentines. That was a 100% penalty. If that had happened to an Argentine player penalty would have been called.
    We got lots of respect today, but we could have had the point. So close, yet so far.
    On to the next game boys, you can do it. Keep playing better and better every game.

Comment

I dont think we should be blaming the ref at all. I genuinely think he made a mistake and anyway, that was too early in the match and could have changed the result either way.

In the end, we defended well and had 3 great chances to score but defending in numbers always has the risk of conceding especially when the other team has players like Messi.

I am just surprised why we lost focus in the end and did not clear the ball or keep possession a biut more. Argentine had all but given up in the end there,

Comment

What I am glad is that we made great use of our marquee match to show what potential we have.
        Of the three games, we knew this one was the one with most viewers tuning in all over the world. Many folds over our other two games. And the team's second half display is what won quite a few fans over.

The several top notch chances we got and proved dangerous to the argentine keeper, the extremely lively and dogged performance of RGN, the solid and resolute defensive work of our defense line and DMs, the high energy and intelligent display by Dejagah, ... hell, even the quick double dribble of Pouladi twisting two Argentinian mids (whose worth would be in several millions over his), ... these are all fantastic moments that will impress many European scouts and coaches.

I expect ... maybe not an avalanche, but a nice bundle of inquires for at least a handful of our lads.
        Good on them.

Now, to complete the mission by dismantling the overhyped transfermarkt driven Bosnians...

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
          I dont think we should be blaming the ref at all. I genuinely think he made a mistake and anyway, that was too early in the match and could have changed the result either way.
          In the end, we defended well and had 3 great chances to score but defending in numbers always has the risk of conceding especially when the other team has players like Messi.
          I am just surprised why we lost focus in the end and did not clear the ball or keep possession a biut more. Argentine had all but given up in the end there,
          If he made a mistake why did he give a goal kick?
          If the ref thought Zabaleta touched the ball he should have given a corner. Instead he gave a goal kick.
          Either he hit the ball and its a corner or it was a penalty.
          Ref fucked up bad. Almost all 50/50 balls were called against Iran.
          And it wasn't too early to call the penalty. Game was well into the 2nd half.
          The play where Aguero (I think) threw out the corner flag - that's a yellow.
          The ref was in awe of the Argentines.
          Not to mention he got in the way of the ball at least twice to Iran's disadvantage.
          When you're playing a tight compact game like TM every little call matters.
          Last edited by Nokhodi; 06-21-2014, 11:17 PM.

Comment

The refereeing was abysmal.

Not only should he lose massive points for touching/interrupting the ball on two occasions (but WILL he? This is FIFA after all), he also totally screwed up on the penalty incident as you mentioned. Logic says he should not get a game soon.

What really hurts is had the very same thing had happened to Messi or demaria or ..., I bet he'd have whistled so quickly and so hard he'd have got hernia on the spot.
            Same thing with the corner flag. Had it been hajsafi who'd done that, the baboon would have handed the lad at least a yellow.

And let me not get started on all the 50/50 incidents.

That's why refereeing is such a painful subject for most smaller teams or those teams that have fewer or no ''superstars''. Shitty, unfair football refereeing at its best.

Comment

Now, with lowered levels of adrenaline and a re-viewing of the highlights I thought I'd make a couple of points that may prove to be vital for the upcoming do or die game vs. Bosnia.

Haghighi's worrisome hesitation on exits. The Argies had three or four headers on crosses and set pieces that came very close to the goal and were only slightly off. And in at least three of these, Haghighi takes a step or two towards the ball, then doubts himself, halts and eventually gets stuck in no man's land; not going for the ball and not staying on the line!

Pretty much what was wrong with Rahmati. And this is extremely worrying since Bosnians will definitely use crosses and aerial balls to do their damage. And if our keeper is suspect on this task, then we're going to have a very hard time against them.

Luckily today despite Haghigji's hesitations, our defenders were there to at least provide some nuisance or competition for the ball, which didn't allow a free, precisely directed header. But we can't ride our luck forever.

Comment

Good point Doom. I noticed some hesitation from Haghighi when deciding to collect crosses or not.

Carlos Queiroz has demonstrated his value again and every reasonable effort must be made to retain him.

This loss was very painful. However, we are still alive. Also, the boys are clearly growing in confidence knowing that they can play against the world's best and give a great showing. If we get to the knockout stages, our defensive style could be very effective with the prospect of penalty shootouts.
                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

A little more on the ref
                  Playing the devil's advocate and viewing things from FIFA's pov, with some of the more household names like Spain, England, one of Croatia/Mexico, maybe even Uruguay and hopefully Portugal ... leaving the games, it is natural to see FIFA giving strict order to the refs to be more lenient towards big teams and star names ... and sort of see to it that they advance and continue. They wouldn't tolerate a world cup with the likes of iran, Honduras, Ecuador, Bosnia, Algeria, ... continuing while big ticket teams AND THEIR DROVES AND DROVES OF FANS leave.

Absolutely unfair. This is not what ''sports'' is about. But when you look at it from the angle of one of the most corrupt organizations in the world, financially it makes so much sense to sacrifice lesser teams.

Comment

top quality download of the game for those who may want to keep it (and I recommend you do)
                    .mkv format,
                    size: 1.06 GB
                    http://hugefiles.net/kqltxhsier5p
                    http://hugefiles.net/6ywzxueciizu

to play the MKV format on your computer, you'd need VLC player
                    download VLC here: http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-P...-10267151.html

or I suggest a little media player device that you can connect to your TV to watch all your files (whatever format they are; MKV, AVI, MP4, ...) on your big screen tv
                    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...v+media+player
                    lovely little devils.
                    I have tried two of them, the latest one a little more advanced type. and really enjoy watching my TM games and other files on my TV (instead of the comp)

Comment

Working...
                    X