Possible successors to Queiroz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible successors to Queiroz

Ok, he's not officially gone yet but being realistic he won't be our coach anymore.

So who would you like to see as his successor? And who are the most likely candidates?

I think after Krancjar behaved so anti-TM, he's not a top candidate anymore.

I think Faraki has the biggest chance, but although he is one of the best domestic options, it's still like trading a Mercedes for a Paykan.

I'd like to see Mustafa Denizli approached.

He is a good coach, has vast experience with Iranian football, is out of contract, probably affordable and his usually attacking approach would be a pleasing anti-theses to Queiroz's tactics and maybe more suitable for Asian Cup.

Mustafa won't come anymore.
    Too old.
    And in your case , too late. When he WAS a viable option you didn't want him.
    Today, when he is NOT a viable option, and you ask for him?
    Oh, the irony!

Faraki seems to have been contacted by IFF. So if nothing extraordinarily happen, it'd be him.
    But Kranjcar isn't a bad option either

Comment

Faraki is good, I've also always liked Jalali. Most importantly, the IFF needs to make their decision fast. Asian Cup is 6 months away, and we can't have another disaster like after WC 2006, where football disappeared for 3 months.

Comment

Being satisfied with Talebi or Jalali or Ghalenoei or anyone of the bunch would be unacceptable. Even if we can't retain CQ's services, the appointment of a poor Iranian coach should be met with nothing but criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
          Being satisfied with Talebi or Jalali or Ghalenoei or anyone of the bunch would be unacceptable. Even if we can't retain CQ's services, the appointment of a poor Iranian coach should be met with nothing but criticism.
          CQ just said in front of the whole world that the IFF and government failed to support him, nonetheless PAY the poor man his salary. No reputable foreign coach would set foot in Iran without money.. Oh right, we don't even have that..

This whole situation is an utter disaster.

Comment

Unfortunately decisions about our national team are not made basis commercial and logical sense.

There are elements of politics, footballing mafia and corruption involved.

The main reason why IR does not want CQ (or other foreign coaches) is not so much about their salary, but because their behavior, mentality and actions are not in-line with the conservative islamic ideals of IR. Trust me when i say this. This is the only reason why they do not want CQ. Even the sports minister made a comment saying we only want CQ if he abides by the islamic social norms of our country. The story that we cant afford his pay is just an excuse by IFF.

anyway back to the question of successor. It is very hard to say at this point but chances are we will end up with a domestic coach or a 2nd grade foreign coach.
            Among domestic coaches, Faraki 100% has the best chance because he is a neutral figure and does not have the negative rep of coaches like GN and Mayeli Kohan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
              CQ just said in front of the whole world that the IFF and government failed to support him, nonetheless PAY the poor man his salary. No reputable foreign coach would set foot in Iran without money.. Oh right, we don't even have that..

This whole situation is an utter disaster.
              Which is precisely why the team should be boycotted by fans if some incompetent is brought in to lead it.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                Which is precisely why the team should be boycotted by fans if some incompetent is brought in to lead it.
                Or even better, players should boycott the team itself.

But I'll admit, the amount of pressure being received by the media in Iran, CQ's Facebook, other social media for IFF to keep him is huge. Hopefully fans and those in Iran won't stop.

Today was a tough day as fans, and supporters of our beloved team, but this is what we have all went through before, and I have confidence we will overcome adversity like the countless times before.

Comment

hamun Faraki mishe dige....
                  TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

CQ is good but too defensive, the offense was almost invisible under him. Also frankly, given his international connections, CQ should have done a much better job arranging some good friendlies for Iran. We went the entire 2012 and 2013 without a single worthy test match. Faraki is also cautious and defensive, but would be good to give him a try. He seems to believe in a scientific approach to the game, if I understood correctly following him in Foolad.

As for the World Cup, no Asian team will ever be able to reach a last 8 again until the level of the Asian football as a whole is raised. No Asian team managed to get more than 1 point from 3 group games in this World Cup while small countries such as Costa Rica came out with 7.
                    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

We need a south American coach.
                      They are, by nature, offensive minded. And that suits our nature too
                      They're cheap too

Comment

I vote, for another deciplinerian,pratctical coach ...." usualy German coaches are so " !
                        more over, I think, CQ, showed us, what our football is realy good for : " DESFENSE " !....we are not good at attacking, we never have been..nor have we been any good at finishing !, or killer instinct....
                        Last edited by zzgloo; 06-27-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Disagree
                          Our football,, by nature is attacking football. In fact defensive football is what comes as awkward to our players. That's why we are really not as good as we think we are. Parking the bus with 10 men is NOT ''defensive football''.

And there are plenty of periods where we had excelled at this natural attacking style in our history

We must retain the discipline CQ worked with the team. We also must retain the levels of physical preparedness and fitness he built the team around.
                          But at the same time, we have to have plans for winning games. And without having at least a couple of offensive strategies, we won't get anywhere.

Comment

DD jaan , you say, our football is attacking " By nature " !
                            what " nature " ?
                            attacking requires skills, our players have never, ever had.
                            " being a Finisher " ?
                            " accurate shooting " ?
                            " undestanding of Off side "?
                            " Undestanding of quality passes " ?
                            " strong shots from a far "
                            " Killer instict " ?
                            " Speed " ?
                            Etc,
                            Why, have I not noticed the "nature " , you are talking about in the last 50 years I have watched football in IRAN ?
                            Last edited by zzgloo; 06-27-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

We've had those in fluctuating levels throughout.

If you mean having the perfect score on all those items, then there is no team that has had such levels at any time in the history of the game.
                              First of all, lets understand there is no team/player who could have 10 out of 10 in any of these categories.

But there are teams that have had success in attacking football with a 7 in one, then a 6 in another, with an 8 in one other, .. etc.
                              We've had times when we were known for the killer instinct. So were then times for our shooting or finishing or ... etc.

When I say nature, it means watching generations of our players play. The tendency and trend is there to see.
                              There are indicators, such as the way our successful, clubs play, the stars we have reared, even the form of defenders (who do better in attacks than defending) we've developed, .... etc.

Does that mean they perform it correctly and flawlessly? Not necessarily. No. But the tendency and nature is there.
                              It just needs to be honed and shaped.
                              That's why I always say we need a coach who suits our nature. So he can shape and finess what is already there. Instead of trying to totally overhaul our nature and character into something we're not and start from zero with the HOPE that it would lead to a correct ultimate shape.

Attacking mature is there. It just needs to be refined and stylized, corrected and perfected.

You don't take a long stick to make a dice or sphere. Makes no sense, takes way too much time. It may break and may become irrecoverable. And the final result may not be what you'd want.
                              You just pick a bulky piece of wood that is the coarser version of a cube or sphere.

Comment

Working...
                              X