IRAN - SOUTH KOREA (friendly?!?!?!!) - Nov 18, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRAN - SOUTH KOREA (friendly?!?!?!!) - Nov 18, 2014

From the moment the Koreans heard the whistle at the end of our final WCQ's we should have expected them to do anything to exact revenge for their first ever home loss to Iran. I think before they even entered the tunnel (that is in between all the fighting and cursing and shoving between the players and staffs of the two teams), the management was on the phone to their federation to arrange for a (revenge) friendly.

By the time they hit the showes, the federation had set up a few dates to fix the match up. And I think on their bus-ride home, the team was promised a re-match to calm their titis down.

Given how it affects them and how desperate they have shown in defeats, one feared another defeat might deal a very mortal blow to their psyche that makes it very hard to recover from. Imagine you lose. get frustrated and come back to regain your loss and then lose some more. worst thing to happen to gamblers. Never get so frustrated to know when to come back. Coz the subsequent loss would be that much more painful.

Finally the day arrived and although they really fell all over themselves claiming there is no "revenge" involved and this is just a "friendly" game, but the roster and recalling of so many of their legionnaires from europe and elsewhere betrayed these claims. Make no mistakes. They were out for blood and they needed it to sooth their hurt rear-ends.

And so the game starts and to my dismay, our coach sticks to his defensive line up and most probably defensive tactics. But when ensued in the next 60-70 minutes was still a surprise. Even to those of us who expected defensive tactics from him. If one didnt know the game was played in Iran and who the opponents were, the way we played gave the impression we were playing against the world champions, Germany in Munich!!!!!!

Given how we parked the bus and played as if we were playing the world champs, I cant really say a lot about this game. Except few incidents and issues that stood out for me. So dont expact any analysis or description of strategy here.

The Koreans dominated the midfield (and the pitch), passed the ball around with ease nd put us under pressure. and on a few occasions came very close to score goals that we were apared only on the last seconds by misdirected shots or sheer grit of our defenders who cleared balls (on the line) with their all.

It didnt take too long for Shojaei to remind us how abysmal and horrendous he has been in the past 2-3 years. tripping all over his feet and giving away the ball was very much expected as that has been his trade-mark since 2012. But this one almost cost us a goal! He went on for another 65-70 minutes of more error-ridden fumbles and foolish decisions, with the exception of one single good pass (which was the odity in the festival of silly mistakes).
    When will he retire? I long for the day he does. Because we cant pin our hopes on CQ opening his eyes and making the logical decision of dropping him. I have given up hope CQ would bother with such trivialties as "logic and rationality".

RGN despite having a lackluster showing, showed why he is one of our best hopes for the Asia cup when he took a snap shot/volley off the Hajsafi cross that is seen only from the very best strikers in the world. Shame it didnt go in. But the volley OUGHT TO be appreciated by all. magnificent prsence of mind. Something that is missing in many of our players.

Jahanbakhsh also showed he has matured and is becoming a very deadly, quality attacking force. He has the brightest prospect among our youth players.
    Dejagah also had flashes of his brilliant self. But the rust of playing in Persian gulf league does show. He simply has to move away from that b;ack hole.

Haghighi came up with a few very nice saves that really saved our blushes and CQ has to personally thank him for not exposing how poor we play football and how vulnerable we are ... despite mass defense and negative tactics.

With the exit of Shojaei around minute 60-65 and introduction of Azmoun and Rafiei we see a slightly more adventurous (no. it's more like "less defensive") team and the goal was a result of such a move. Nekounam's standard freekick was delivered and after hitting two posts, finally Azmoun dived in and scored over the keeper's hands.

Bedlam. Anger. Frustration. desperation.
    friendly? F**k you. this was WAR.
    ..... well, at least for half of the individuals on the pitch.
    The other half was just too bloody happy to have got a goal despite playing so poorly and getting dominated from the get go.

Then I lost what little respect I had for Korean football. I had already lost much of it in the past couple of years. But fighting and quarelling in this manner after a friendly game was simply too childish and petulant to respect.

I am very concerned about the health of the Koread FA. and the gargantuan amount of frustration they are feeling at the moment. almost tragically funny. or comically tragic. cant decide which.
    3 losses in a row?
    Ouch that must really hurt
    But play well, have more goal opportunities, dominate away .... and then LOSE?
    Yikes.
    Cant imagine the sheer devastation on the mind!!

Completely agree with you on the aggressive and revenge hungry behavior of the Koreans today. Totally uncalled for. They have created a rivalry for themselves that was never necessary.

My brief take aways from the game

1 - Good to see Jahabkahsh, Azmoun, Ghafouri and Rafiei get a chance to show themselves.
    2 - Good or bad, CQ has figured out how to win mind games versus the Koreans.
    3 - Dejagah was lovely. One too many extra touches, but his creativity and quick little bursts of speed were great to see.
    4 - Final touches and crosses from the players were very weak. So many attacks from TM were ruined that way. There actually was a plan to attack, but you can't expect much when the players keep kicking it out.
    5 - Haghigi is becoming a great goalie as every game goes by.
    6 - Jalal Hosseini will be a legend when he retires. He already is, but we take him for granted.

Comment

It just dawned on me why CQ hasn't won me over.
      Well except from the obvious (negative, ultra defensive football and his usual berating of our football), when one thinks about him, he resembles Mourinho.
      He's sort of ''Mourinho light''. Especially with regards to mind games, readiness to get into controversies, ego, ... aside from the negative football

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        It just dawned on me why CQ hasn't won me over.
        Well except from the obvious (negative, ultra defensive football and his usual berating of our football), when one thinks about him, he resembles Mourinho.
        He's sort of ''Mourinho light''. Especially with regards to mind games, readiness to get into controversies, ego, ... aside from the negative football
        I can see what you mean.
        He's a little less mean spirited, but he definitely knows how to piss off opponents as well as getting his players to play with confidence.

To me he's a mix of Mourinho, Ferguson and Klinsmann.
        I say Klinsmann, because he also looks down on the domestic league and looks to Europe's 2nd and 3rd divisions for players.

Comment

Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Completely agree with you on the aggressive and revenge hungry behavior of the Koreans today. Totally uncalled for. They have created a rivalry for themselves that was never necessary.

My brief take aways from the game

1 - Good to see Jahabkahsh, Azmoun, Ghafouri and Rafiei get a chance to show themselves.
            2 - Good or bad, CQ has figured out how to win mind games versus the Koreans.
            3 - Dejagah was lovely. One too many extra touches, but his creativity and quick little bursts of speed were great to see.
            4 - Final touches and crosses from the players were very weak. So many attacks from TM were ruined that way. There actually was a plan to attack, but you can't expect much when the players keep kicking it out.
            5 - Haghigi is becoming a great goalie as every game goes by.
            6 - Jalal Hosseini will be a legend when he retires. He already is, but we take him for granted.
            I can see what you mean.
            He's a little less mean spirited, but he definitely knows how to piss off opponents as well as getting his players to play with confidence.

I didnt/couldnt watch the game yesteraday, I will try to see/find the highlights later on today.
            But what you say on CQs mind game is quite interesting. He can be very tricky on opponents....
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

This was TM's first competitive match in 5 months. They will get much better with more regular play!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y2WraDxUDaI
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

I can see what you mean.

To me he's a mix of Mourinho, Ferguson and Klinsmann.
                I say Klinsmann, because he also looks down on the domestic league and looks to Europe's 2nd and 3rd divisions for players.
                CQ never called up any player from a 3rd division in Europe. We have a bunch of 3rd division Iranians in Europe and they never got called up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  CQ never called up any player from a 3rd division in Europe. We have a bunch of 3rd division Iranians in Europe and they never got called up.
                  reason is 3rd devisions in Europe are in Amateur category. And honetsly IPL Amatuers (because thats what we are) are better than European Amateurs!
                  But 2nd leagues in Europe are "professional leagues" with professional infrastructure, exactly the same facilities as first leg teams from medical departments up to the headcoach and club management etc...
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X