Karimi openly criticizes branko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karimi openly criticizes branko

this is taken from the very same newspaper that Human jan has a column in , and they seem to be the leading sports paper in Iran ; "gol".

( for those in Iran, and in need of confirmation, they can find this in their tuesday edition, page 12 . )

Karimi during his short interview ( at TM camo, prior to leaving Iran ) suddenly bursts open the floodgates and openly criticizes branko's decisions and methods .... and dare I say, level of professionality.

I will try to give you the gist of the issue:

================

after enquiring about his slight injury , the reporter asks about bosnia game.

Karimi: "we were not the same team. we didnt play well, despite scoring 5 goals. the team wasnt the old lively TM that we used to be."

Reporter:"what was the reason for this lack of motivation ?"

Karimi : "Such duties are a part of a coach's job. for example, we in Germany, before stepping onto the pitch, Magath comes in and talks lightly and jokes for 5 minutes only, to lighten the mood and atmosphere. he is a professional coach who knows what needs to be done where and when.

but in China, our coach was scared ! and I dont know the reason for this fright."

Karimi goes on to say; " For big tournaments like the WC, we need great and professional coaches. Alas, I hope our TM, with whatever it has at its disposal, succeeds and makes our ppl happy."

and continues in an aggitated manner: " Notice that 4-5 hours before our flight, we are still training in a football pitch ! Such strange things are highly interesting."

=================================

on the other hand, the series of injuries, like jabbari's, kia's, mirza's, karimi's, yahya's, .... during such training sessions, leaves a question mark in one's mind as to legitimacy and sensibility of branko's training methods.

and in a way underlines the thrust of karimi's words on the matter of need for professional coaches.

There is no way Karimi could have said something like this. It's BS from Iranian media once again.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Let's assume Doctor doom, that he has said that for a second. What is it that you want? What is it that you want to acheive 4 days before our game? Do you even feel any responsibility toward our national team at this moment? Do you even care that bringing up matters like this would only hurt our team? Baba for ages you guys tried and tried to hurt the team with targeting it's head coach ... give it up, 4 days left to YOUR NATIONAL team's game
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
      Go IRAN!

Comment

DD Jaan -
        I agree with Mansoor -
        I thank you for all your efforts trying to open eyes and improve things - but the time is now for supporting the team.

BTW - I do agree with everything Karimi has apparantly said - it supports everything you and I and many others have been saying - but we said all that in hope to improve things - but now it's just too late to change anything.

Comment

DD jan, I guarentee you that Branko will leave as coach of TM following this world cup. At this time, we should be supporting him and having fun analyzing potential lineups and trends. Let's unite behind the man that led us all the way through qualifying and we can work on his replacement at a future time.

Comment

LOL.. sure... I think it was Karmi and even maybe Ali Karimi.. but with a simple search in Iranian database, they can at least find 100,000 Ali Karimis in Iran.. and I am sure the newspaper was interviewing him instead!!

Baba Dr Doom.. dast bardar.. even this fake Karimi said we should HOLD our horses and support our forces!!
            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Part of Karimi's interview today with IRNA:

About the games to be played during the contest, Karimi said "it is not easy to face any of the games we are scheduled to play." He added, "None of the teams qualified to enter the 2006 World Cup is weak. Therefore, we should make a double effort to play a good game while encountering our proponents."
              Turning to the current needs of Iran's national football team, he said that more than anything it needs to be supported.
              http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/menu...8007175839.htm
              Go IRAN!

Comment

Plain bullshit, only an idiot would openly critisize the coach a few days before the most crucial match in his life, and Karimi isn't an idiot. Even if he had a problem with Ivankovic, he would wait until after WC.

We know how much Iranian papers like to make up things or put modified quotes, and we know DD's intentions as well.

Comment

It is best if this thread is agnord !!

Comment

just relaying what I read here.

take it however you want.

---------

and btw, mansoor jan , no-1 is or has been trying to hurt the team.

if at all there have been issues, the issue has been about the coach and his inadequacies.

and moreover, if I write this , explain how this is going to "hurt" the team?

anyway, just as I said, I was just relaying what was discussed in Iran.

Comment

Can't believe karimi would say such a thing, even if he deeply believes in such views (which we don't know), i am sure he wouldn't mention it to the media right before the world cup. it wouldn't be the right time now and karimi knows it.

Comment

DD:

Please from now on, only positive points of TM. Too late for negativity.

Comment

more BS from our papers...Karimi would NEVER say such a thing. We have all seen his interviews and how reserved and cliche his answers are.

Comment

Doctor Doom,
                            Even if you hate Branko, say nothing during wc for the god sake.

Moderators,
                            Please delete this topic.

Comment

It takes a player with an IQ of 10 , and an Iranian journalist who is paid by the Zionist lobby , and a newspaper editor who thinks the date is April 1st ....it takes all such combinations together for me to beleive what is claimed to be Ali Karimi attacking Branko !!!!!!

DD Jan.... please do not insult our intellegence , rather ..in a momentary lapse of reason , dont insult your own intelligesne by beleiving such BS ...

Good try , though...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X