Unprofessional move by Branko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unprofessional move by Branko

I was so mad when I read the news, 2 days before our first match in the WC is not the time to say that you will not renew your contract with Iran. Such a stupid move to be honest, it does nothing but dampen and lowen the morale and confidence of our young and un-experienced team.

If Branko was a PROFESSIONAL coach, he would not make any of this public until after the WC.

I have to say that I do agree. The timing couldn't have been worse. What is the reason for such a thing??
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan
      I was so mad when I read the news, 2 days before our first match in the WC is not the time to say that you will not renew your contract with Iran. Such a stupid move to be honest, it does nothing but dampen and lowen the morale and confidence of our young and un-experienced team.

If Branko was a PROFESSIONAL coach, he would not make any of this public until after the WC.
      thank u for this post because he is not
      Gal'e Noii

Comment

may be, the comment could have been rested for some time.

But, it has nothing to do with the moral of players for two reasons:
        1/ All players already knew that Branko and dadkan will no longer be with TM after world cup.
        2/ The fact that they are in world cup is the only motivational factor for them. In any case, Iran after world cup is as unpredictable as ever. So noone actually counts in anything long term.

Mersi
        Soheil
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Could u please tell me what and when i missed out on Branko even becoming proffesional

What a coach who comes out and says such a thing surely he must be out of his mind and the thing is, He wont quit after world cup

Well personally kick him out

Comment

There is nothing unproffesional about it.., in fact it is as proffesional as it can be !!!!!!!!!!!!!
            It is the nature of the business, as you also have heard him say often....
            IFF used him,and he did his job, and he maid a great resume for himself...
            he realized with the expectations he will not be kept for after the WC...
            so, he needed to keep his resume intact !, and quit before getting fired...
            ....Result, he will be in good standing for the next job....
            and the reason, he had say it before, is because, if Iran fails,it will not be his fault....
            The posetives are, that it shows he is a very smart man, and can anticipate, and work for himself...,
            also, there is nothing negative for us,TM,or Iran....players are already highly motivated,and he was not a motivator to begin with,as he does not speak the language,....more over, he like us, wants TM to succeed..which will be very good for him too.....
            In fact, he can tell his players, let prove all critics wrong,and win the games.....
            All in all, there is nothing negative I see....as I wish him the best after the WC, and hope he can get a good job....He deserves it.
            So ,After the world Cup..we all can say, good luck....good by.....and thak you !

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan

exactly
              ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

Agreed ZZ jan. Unprofessional? This is as professional it gets. It is IFF or whoever that is
                in charge of extending his contract that is unprofessional.

Ordinarily, a coaches contract should have extension clause past milestones.
                There is usually a termination (early termination) clause that can be
                executed by either party (which may involve payoffs).

The issue is simple: Doing well at world cup (whatever your goal may be)
                is part prep but also part luck. Spains record at WC is a perfect example.
                As a coach there is only 2 possibilities for you:

You meet the expectation, in which case the whole world wants you
                You fail to meet the expection, in which case probably noone wants you,
                at least for a while.

Here Branko has to look for his interest too. The TM is not a bunch of kids,
                it is a group of highly motivated players who know they will be rewarded
                handsomely *if* they perform well even individually. So a good forward
                who has scored will get drafted even if the team does not do well. At any
                rate, at this level, players should be professional and smart enough not to
                be bothered by a coaches contract dispute.

However, a coach has no such luxury and is judged strictly by the success
                of the team. In essence having no extension is like having no insurance.
                Sure you may not need it, but what if you do? ANd can you blame someone
                for wanting to have insurance?

Comment

Maybe the players already knew long ago, and he was just releasing this information to the public?
                  Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

exactly this is a stupid move before our games in the world cup.

Comment

I don't understand why everyone is so angry. Eriksson told England he would leave months before the world cup, it doesn't necessarily mean England will under-perform.

As an Iranian fan, of course I am not 100% satisified with Branko's management of the team in the last 4 years. However, I am grateful for his hardwork and dedication to our team. Recently, he's been slaughtered after every game and it doesn't come as any surprise that he will be leaving after his disgraceful treatment by the Iranian press.

If anything, I think that Branko's decision will encourage him to be more daring in his gameplans and the players will be out to give him a good send off by qualifying for the last 16....so, some of you need to chillax

Comment

Originally posted by Sraosa
                        I don't understand why everyone is so angry. Eriksson told England he would leave months before the world cup, it doesn't necessarily mean England will under-perform.
                        Exactly, MONTHS before. Not 2 days before our first match.

Comment

I agree with people who said "it was professinal" as he saw BBC in front of himself and took advantage to promot his "profession", but as I said several times else where, "it was a cheap shot".
                          Last edited by Hajagha; 06-09-2006, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
                            I agree with people who said "it was professinal" as he saw BBC in front of himself and took advantage to promot his "profession", but as I said several times else where, "it was a cheap shot".
                            Haji joon;

To mesle eenkeh jeddi jeddi kheeyal kardee een baba nokareh pedaremooneh ha!

Ofcourse , he will look at every opportunity. Do you really think Haji jaan, that players, officials and .... dont know the fact that he will leave Iran after world cup? I mean the only reason he could hang in there with all the (often times) unfair demands and expectations was dadkan. Without someone like him backing him, he wont stay a minute in Iran.

In this players are the same. Yes, players have the responsibility to serve their country in an emotional way. However and still, they all look for opportunities as they step on the pitch. just like Branko.

But Branko is a professional and he looks for himself. I dont think there is even ONE player who was not aware of this.

In any case. In my book, this announcement was very very normal. Hagheshe. He worked his ars off for this team. Good or bad. He tried very, very hard.
                            Last edited by smanhoobi; 06-09-2006, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha
                              That is exactly what he did.....he saw the opportunity for him to market himself for a new job ........... it is now that all the media is looking at him right before one of the WC starting games....his announcement is not news to any of us.

i don't think he has damaged the team or the players in any form.

Comment

Working...
                              X