Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about Future (Portugal Angola)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk about Future (Portugal Angola)

Doostan,

Regardless of what happened during the Mexico's game, it is over (finito). Iran needs to worry about next game this Saturday.

After the Mexico's game (based on the impression I got from reading Persian Media) it seemed Dai and Mirza won't start at least. Yesterday to my totally dismay, Branko allegedly (I read it in Iran Varzeshi) said Mirza is our stater and main goalie. Dai's injury is supposedly is getting better and there were mentioning of his playing being a game time decision.

I am totally shocked.

So making the assumptions that Dai and Mirza will play, what do you think our team's formation should be?

I would like to see Branko gives Shojai and Khatibi, Kazemian and Madanchi a chance. I pry him stop playing names. I hope Zandi won't start which seems to be the case. Supposedly he is not happy not starting in Mexico's game and in order to keep him happy, he will start in Portugal. This is a nice segway for me to express my opinion about Zandi.
    To me Zandi is the Beckham of Iranian football, charismatic, handsome, marketable, .... but not much soccer.

To be honest I am very worried about Portugal, their team speed is much higher than Mexico. Did you see the Portugal's goal against Angola? I am not specifically talking about how Figo passed the Angola's defender, I am talking about how fast the ball came to the Angola's box and how the other portugal's goal scorer was in the box.
    Mexico never pressuerd us like that through the middle. Maybe the reason was great job of Nekonam and Teymorian (at least in the first half and part of the second half). The other part (in my opinion is below average speed of Mexican team speed). By team speed I am not talking about how fast a player can run or dribble. Team speed is how fast a team as a whole switch from defense to offense or Vice Versa.
    I was reading a coaching technical analysis of WC2002. According to that analysis the key for succesful teams in WC2002 was team speed. Successful teams (Senegal, South Korea, US and Turkey) all had above average team speed. In that analysis they refered to Senegal goal in 1/8. That goal was scored about less than 6 second. 6 second after Senegal got the ball in their own 18 yards and got the ball to the opponents box and the Sengal players scored. Imagine that. Or Second goal that Mcbride scored against Mexico or Landaen Donnaven Pass. I think was 7.8 seconds.

Back to the main topic. I am very concerned about Portugal's team speed. Depsite what Yashar Jaan mentioned in another thread about Portugal wont' pressure us like Mexico did, I beleive it will be the other way. Iran will be under much more pressure and a much faster pace of game, which will be a disaster for Iran (based on the supposedly our players not being fit for a 90 minutes game during the Mexico's game).

I was watching the Iran Holland game in WC78 again last week. Iran kind of played step to step against Holland for the first 20 minutes (Watch as Mohammad Sadeghi nutmegs (Layee meedeh) dutch palyer). However after that Iranian players were not used to that pace of the game and probally got fatigued. I think RooshanZadeh or Manook Khodabakhsheeyan refers to this fact during the boradcast.
    Well, with all this gloom and doom, one think Iran has that no other team has. Iran's team is so unpredictable. We fall behind S. Korea 2-0, then beat them 6-2 and Dai's legend emerges. Down 2-0 in Melburne and Aussies are killing us, then 2 goals and we got to WC98. Then we have Bahrain and Mexico's fiasco. One never knows which Iranian team will show up? So who knows, maybe and just maybe we gonna see an Iranian team that will surprise us all.
    Who knows, maybe all we need is Ali Karimi's one set of magical dribbling or a run by MahdaviKia or another magical performance by Madanchi (like he did for Persepolic in past couple of games).
    It seems we (Iranian) as a nation and our soccer team in particular are great underdogs. We love to fall behind and put in the corner and then all of a sudden we dig deep and perform miracelously. I know it is all wishful thinking, but hey one needs to beleive in something.

Go Iran with the whole Ali Asgharee football.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

great spoken
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago
      Doostan,
      Regardless of what happened during the Mexico's game, it is over (finito). Iran needs to worry about next game this Saturday.
      After the Mexico's game (based on the impression I got from reading Persian Media) it seemed Dai and Mirza won't start at least. Yesterday to my totally dismay, Branko allegedly (I read it in Iran Varzeshi) said Mirza is our stater and main goalie. Dai's injury is supposedly is getting better and there were mentioning of his playing being a game time decision.
      I am totally shocked.
      So making the assumptions that Dai and Mirza will play, what do you think our team's formation should be?
      I would like to see Branko gives Shojai and Khatibi, Kazemian and Madanchi a chance. I pry him stop playing names. I hope Zandi won't start which seems to be the case. Supposedly he is not happy not starting in Mexico's game and in order to keep him happy, he will start in Portugal. This is a nice segway for me to express my opinion about Zandi.
      To me Zandi is the Beckham of Iranian football, charismatic, handsome, marketable, .... but not much soccer.
      To be honest I am very worried about Portugal, their team speed is much higher than Mexico. Did you see the Portugal's goal against Angola? I am not specifically talking about how Figo passed the Angola's defender, I am talking about how fast the ball came to the Angola's box and how the other portugal's goal scorer was in the box.
      Mexico never pressuerd us like that through the middle. Maybe the reason was great job of Nekonam and Teymorian (at least in the first half and part of the second half). The other part (in my opinion is below average speed of Mexican team speed). By team speed I am not talking about how fast a player can run or dribble. Team speed is how fast a team as a whole switch from defense to offense or Vice Versa.
      I was reading a coaching technical analysis of WC2002. According to that analysis the key for succesful teams in WC2002 was team speed. Successful teams (Senegal, South Korea, US and Turkey) all had above average team speed. In that analysis they refered to Senegal goal in 1/8. That goal was scored about less than 6 second. 6 second after Senegal got the ball in their own 18 yards and got the ball to the opponents box and the Sengal players scored. Imagine that. Or Second goal that Mcbride scored against Mexico or Landaen Donnaven Pass. I think was 7.8 seconds.
      Back to the main topic. I am very concerned about Portugal's team speed. Depsite what Yashar Jaan mentioned in another thread about Portugal wont' pressure us like Mexico did, I beleive it will be the other way. Iran will be under much more pressure and a much faster pace of game, which will be a disaster for Iran (based on the supposedly our players not being fit for a 90 minutes game during the Mexico's game).
      I was watching the Iran Holland game in WC78 again last week. Iran kind of played step to step against Holland for the first 20 minutes (Watch as Mohammad Sadeghi nutmegs (Layee meedeh) dutch palyer). However after that Iranian players were not used to that pace of the game and probally got fatigued. I think RooshanZadeh or Manook Khodabakhsheeyan refers to this fact during the boradcast.
      Well, with all this gloom and doom, one think Iran has that no other team has. Iran's team is so unpredictable. We fall behind S. Korea 2-0, then beat them 6-2 and Dai's legend emerges. Down 2-0 in Melburne and Aussies are killing us, then 2 goals and we got to WC98. Then we have Bahrain and Mexico's fiasco. One never knows which Iranian team will show up? So who knows, maybe and just maybe we gonna see an Iranian team that will surprise us all.
      Who knows, maybe all we need is Ali Karimi's one set of magical dribbling or a run by MahdaviKia or another magical performance by Madanchi (like he did for Persepolic in past couple of games).
      It seems we (Iranian) as a nation and our soccer team in particular are great underdogs. We love to fall behind and put in the corner and then all of a sudden we dig deep and perform miracelously. I know it is all wishful thinking, but hey one needs to beleive in something.
      Go Iran with the whole Ali Asgharee football.
      nice post ali jan.

anywayz, i would just like to make a small comment, wat i actually meant was that portugal plays a more open game than mexico and they will give us more space for our talented players to move around and show their skills and create their chances.

mexico is used a very good "pressing" game to control our players, i think portugal will be doing this less, or atleast with not so many players like mexico, and so our players can create better chances with their skills.
      however, ofcourse, portugal is a faster, and more technical team and its going to be a difficult game with a lot of pressure from the portugueese side on us.

i hope i cleared out the misunderstanding here.
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
      X