Sepahan/Zobahan Fan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unique football View Post
    Conratz to all Iranians especially Esfahanis!
    thats sounds beter
    agreed...

Comment

ZA is made iot to the second round. Next week we will know if they are going to be first or second. The game is in Isfahan and a tie will do.

Comment

How awesome if both of the great Isfahani teams make it to the Round of 16 of ACL!

ZObahan did their bit, but they have to go for a win in order to get the 1st spot in their group.
        Sepahan has a much easier task in AlAin the last team in the group.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

^ if only QN hangs both toure and reza by their balls for a day or 2, to teach them a lesson

Comment

Originally posted by dvader6 View Post
            ^ if only QN hangs both toure and reza by their balls for a day or 2, to teach them a lesson
            While he's at it, let him hang Borhani there as well, preferably longer than 2 days, let's say for the rest of his career.
            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Al Wehda are last in their group and yet they've beaten Zob Ahan whom are first. Iranian teams always have a problem with Emirati teams. This is because of two things. First Emiratis are nawaseb, like Saudies. I don't know if you know this word in Arabic. They play Iranian teams like Saudi teams do in their top form. Second, they have similar physical strength to Iranian players and maybe stronger. Having these two things make it so hard for any Iranian team to get even a point from them.

To resolve this they have to play with a full force. They have to fight for the ball in midfield and in the back whenever they get the ball because they play fast with more pace counter attacks against Iranian teams. Iranian teams should play with two forwards against them.

Comment

I think it's more the issue of iranians underestimating the uae teams and playing in a casual, easy style that the arabs take advantage of

Comment

It is definitely something that needs to be looked at. This season, the teams from UAE have earned 12 points in total, 8 of which has come from the games with Iranian clubs!
                  2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Originally posted by dvader6 View Post
                    I think it's more the issue of iranians underestimating the uae teams and playing in a casual, easy style that the arabs take advantage of
                    This is true but they have to address it. The more they know about them and their mentality the more control they will have over them. I know for sure that when Arabs play an Iranian team and they know that this Iranian team is looking for a win they serve into attack and have more than half of their team pull back in defense. All Arabs do this with Iranian teams. Emirati teams have something over other Arabs and it's physical strength and thats why Iranians don't have enough pressure on them in midfield.

So they attack with 3 or more players, they pull back fast in defense and only Emiraties, among other Arabs, have more control in midfield than Iranians because of their physical superiority. Ghalenoei has to think with his players how to work this out.

Comment

One thing I know for sure and that is the humidity and the associated heat which made it very hard for ZA players. However, ZA is on the top thanks to the tie.

Comment

First of all humidity is part of the game so it's no excuse to lose points. Secondly Al Ain is not a weak team. They humiliated Sepahan in Isfahan. Ghalenoei and all other Iranian footballers should learn from this year's results that all Arabs play differently against them but Emirati teams sometimes have more physical strength at least more than the other Arabs.

Comment

^Sorkh jan, just a question. I think you once said that you are from Kuwait. It is interesting that you have very good information about Iranian players and clubs. I wonder how did you become interested in following Iranian clubs specially Sepahan and Zob
                          2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

I've been following Iranian football for a long time. I support Sepahan because I really fancy them. They have a good defense and in 2007 they had a complete team of talented Iranians. Now Zob Ahan are more successful because they have good players in almost all positions. I support Iran over Saudi Arabia and other teams, except Kuwait, because I'm Persian.

Comment

^ If your are persian you must support Iran to show your true blood. Like I am in the USA but support TM over USA national team.

Comment

Your story is different. My history in Kuwait goes back to 200 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X