No announcement yet.

Sepahan/Zobahan Fan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big fan of ghalenoei, but he has his weaknesses and his weaknesses turned out to be decisive.

his teams play the best football that has ever been played in iran (including foreign coaches)

but all his teams show the same pattern.
    they always dominate domestic football (or regional asian football)
    but when it comes to big international competitions his teams apparently fail due to not converting chacnes or horrible bad luck.

sepahan was GN's 3rd job in a row (not counting mes) where this pattern showed itself.
    we could say that the AC with TM was bad luck
    that the ACL with ss was lack of experience from both, players and GN
    but now with sepahan he had a very eexperienced team and he himself had year long experience in the iranian league, had lead a national team to the continental cup and also had cl-experience.
    what can we say this time?

the thing is that GN has no winner personality, he has a low self-esteem, inferiority-complexes etc. and that are things that a coach transfers to his team.

in the AC he should have played with more courage and gone for the win. he was scared though and thought the koreans would be bigger and better than us.

in the acl with ss his team was outsmarted in almost every game.
    the real great coaches are those who show their teams how to win without much effort, and how to make life easy for themselves by using their brains.

and in this campaign with sepahan his team really played bad in half of the games. and when that happenes to GN he has already lost, because he is not a great coach to win a match despite playing bad.

I hope GN wont give up now and go on coaching and trying to become better.
    I hope he tries his luck in international football once more.
    and I hope that he will eventually get rid of his weaknesses.

and then we can let him coach TM again

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
      Something would be wrong with the set up if the team didn't create any chances for these 2 morons upfront, but these 2 have gotten more than enough chances every damn game!
      maybe you cant say bad luck played a role in other games like the game in saudi that i saw myself sepahan should have won 5-0 but ended up as a draw.
      but based on this last game against alain there is no doubt something is wrong major with the team in ACL because it was the worst half I saw from sepahan in ACL.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
        I'm a big fan of ghalenoei, but he has his weaknesses and his weaknesses turned out to be decisive.

his teams play the best football that has ever been played in iran (including foreign coaches)

but all his teams show the same pattern.
        they always dominate domestic football (or regional asian football)
        but when it comes to big international competitions his teams apparently fail due to not converting chacnes or horrible bad luck.

sepahan was GN's 3rd job in a row (not counting mes) where this pattern showed itself.
        we could say that the AC with TM was bad luck
        that the ACL with ss was lack of experience from both, players and GN
        but now with sepahan he had a very eexperienced team and he himself had year long experience in the iranian league, had lead a national team to the continental cup and also had cl-experience.
        what can we say this time?

the thing is that GN has no winner personality, he has a low self-esteem, inferiority-complexes etc. and that are things that a coach transfers to his team.

in the AC he should have played with more courage and gone for the win. he was scared though and thought the koreans would be bigger and better than us.

in the acl with ss his team was outsmarted in almost every game.
        the real great coaches are those who show their teams how to win without much effort, and how to make life easy for themselves by using their brains.

and in this campaign with sepahan his team really played bad in half of the games. and when that happenes to GN he has already lost, because he is not a great coach to win a match despite playing bad.

I hope GN wont give up now and go on coaching and trying to become better.
        I hope he tries his luck in international football once more.
        and I hope that he will eventually get rid of his weaknesses.

and then we can let him coach TM again
        I would say its due to bad luck if these missed chances came at a knock out stage game or something but in a group stage you play 6 games surely you cant blame it on missing chances and bad luck alone. is a striker cant score then why do you keep playing him and not Hatami who proved he is a good finisher?
        or why dont you learn from past games and try and caution the players to take their chances or they will be benched?
        why not change the way you attack and maybe that will fix the problem.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Ghalenoei should have played 4-3-3. He could play Hatami with Emad and Toure up front and have two good full backs. When Arabs play a desperate Iranian team looking for a win they play 5 or 6 in the back and 2 or 3 forwards with two fast wings. I heard the Emiraties from the bench calling for more pressure and I think they were talking about Sepahan's midfield. Their forwards are dangerous and their wings are fast.

When Iranian midfielders play with physically stronger opponents they give up. That's why Al Ain always either win or tie Sepahan and other Iranian teams.

Comment

I am still in shock of our elimination from the ACL. I cannot understand how we played so well in the ACL and still got eliminated. One important factor was sure the poor finishing, but how come Emad and Toure are the two top scorers in the domestic league?!

I also don't buy the story that we lost because GN is not good for Asia. GN might not be good enough to compete against the likes of Japanese and Korean top top teams and coaches, but Al-Ain?! Come on... I mean even Marfavi's team advanced from his group and I am 10000000000% sure that GN is a better coach than Marfavi in every single aspect of coaching. Also don't forget that we are dominating the IPL with the presence of three Iranian teams who have advanced from their ACL groups. I guess this is one of those things in football which causes the popularity of football.

Anyways, good luck to all three Iranian teams in the ACL. I will cheer for Zob and I also hope that SS does well. Mess are playing Zobahan so I hope they lose BTW, what a great game was the Zobahan game against the Saudi club. I really really enjoyed it, and it was really fun to watch it. You should really try to watch it if you have missed it. Shire Zobahan!
            2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Can someone tell me who the announcer was for the Zob Ahan game? This guy shows true passion and I just loved hearing him yelling out after Khalatbari scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
                Can someone tell me who the announcer was for the Zob Ahan game? This guy shows true passion and I just loved hearing him yelling out after Khalatbari scored.
                His name is Alifar and he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by TM-Fan View Post
                  I am still in shock of our elimination from the ACL. I cannot understand how we played so well in the ACL and still got eliminated. One important factor was sure the poor finishing, but how come Emad and Toure are the two top scorers in the domestic league?!

I also don't buy the story that we lost because GN is not good for Asia. GN might not be good enough to compete against the likes of Japanese and Korean top top teams and coaches, but Al-Ain?! Come on... I mean even Marfavi's team advanced from his group and I am 10000000000% sure that GN is a better coach than Marfavi in every single aspect of coaching. Also don't forget that we are dominating the IPL with the presence of three Iranian teams who have advanced from their ACL groups. I guess this is one of those things in football which causes the popularity of football.
                  Very well said.

Many , out of frustration , pour their wrath on the coach (GN) accusing him of all sort of thing , including this supposedly lack of ability in Asia or weakness against the foreign coaches ( wow...for a moment I thought Sepahan were grouped with Bayern Munich, Baracelona and Man Utd !!).

For heaven sake , they were playing against teams that were on similar standards to them , not highly superior nor incredibly inferior ...Sometimes , even the best of a team effort is not good enough.

There is no simple nor a scientific explanation for GN's Asian failure , and all attempts to find a single reason for this particular failure by Sepahan is a waste of time and energy. Football has always been and will be full of surprises.......That is the beauty of the game.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
                    If you love passionate commentators, I recommend you download the Mes kerman game and hear the commentator after Mes leads 2-1

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

I disagree with you dear maij. Losing to Al Ain was not a surprise. Considering the game they played in Isfahan Al Ain were the better side.The main reason for their loss was their poor midfield. Ghalenoei started with a good tactic but midfielders, except Navidkia, were not fighting for the ball. Did you see Kheiri when he fell down as the ball hit his head ? He fell down again when the ball hit his waist. They were afraid of Emirati players as they were physically stronger. Al Ain and other Emirati teams were superior to Iranian teams because of that. If you feel your opponent is playing dirty and rough you have to fight back and combat his physical strength. When you get the ball you have to think of running towards the goal. If any one try to push, pull, or slide tackle the leg then try to get rid of him and if you couldn't then get a foul.

Comment

I saw a reply and that was not a penalty. Sand was going no where and Bengar blocked the ball and did not touch him. This was a dive.

Comment

I do not agree with Al Ittihad coach:

The fairest result would have been a draw in my opinion but Zobahan got the best from our only mistake and won the game.
                          Formerly known as Persianking!
                          Follow me @
                          instagram/iranscout
                          instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Persianking View Post

I do not agree with Al Ittihad coach:
                            He is full of keke.

Comment

^
                              true that. Zobahan should have thrashed them if they took their chanes.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Congrates to Sepahan for wining the IP. But sad that got kicked out of ACL.

Comment

Working...
                                X