Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

Exactly

Japan had 16 percent possession, they didn't play tiki taka against Spain - people should be under no illusions that they had some luck. We had no luck going for us in this tournament unfortunately.
    Nobody said we should have played Tiki Taka. All we said that we should have attacked and not sit back the entire first half.

None of those teams just sat deep in their half and defended the whole time like CQ had us do.

That is why the succeeded. Not because of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

People consider that we don't have good players to deal with world cup level. After all, everybody was predicted 3 heavy loss with skocic. Except two of three players, our squad play in asian and in small ezupean leagues (some of them fail there). Being 1 goal away from qualifying in 2018 and 2022 can be seen as an improvement of what we real are.
      Usa could have scored us more than 1 btw
      Right on brother! This WC we have the excuse that the players were distracted etc .

But individually our players are third and fourth rate and not skilled enough. That is why they play in lower leagues or benched in the higher leagues.

Thank goodness that we were in the weakest group of this WC. Imagine if we were placed in Qatar,, Canada, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Australia, or Japan's group.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

Exactly

Japan had 16 percent possession, they didn't play tiki taka against Spain - people should be under no illusions that they had some luck. We had no luck going for us in this tournament unfortunately.
        We had massive luck to be placed in such a weak group, with Wales to at least get 3 points.

Japan topped their group because they deserved it. No luck involved.

We are out because we have neither the players nor the team to be any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
          Keeping CQ is a no brainer. Who's a better coach that would accept the job under present circumstances?

We missed on the 2nd round because of 1 goal. If CQ had stayed since 2019, we definitely would've had younger players in our squad, and I'm sure that would've been enough to push us through to the Round of 16.

We have to remember this WC22 squad wasn't CQ's “team.” He inherited it, without the ability to significantly contribute to player development. Thus, he was forced to rely on the backbone of “his” aged WC18 squad.
          CQ is spineless. Doesn't matter if he has this team for 100 years. Everyone said 1 week is enough for CQ. Everyone fails to look at how he has come up short with every national team he has been. 2 chances to beat Senegal and adjust his game plan and didn't do it. Do you think this guy will change?

For God's sake he left a roster spot empty. You telling me Alipour, Hosseinzade, or Zahedi were not worthy of that one spot? What is wrong with a coach that he can be so arrogant to leave a roster spot empty? The only nation to take 4 GK and 1 empty spot. That's just asinine.

Definition of insanity is repeating same mistakes and expecting different results. Please no more CQ. Time for a change in philosophy.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post

Nobody said we should have played Tiki Taka. All we said that we should have attacked and not sit back the entire first half.

None of those teams just sat deep in their half and defended the whole time like CQ had us do.

That is why the succeeded. Not because of luck.
            but that’s exactly what Japan did. When I looked at the stats I was shocked how they played. It was basically CQ style except it gave results because their players were in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
              Right on brother! This WC we have the excuse that the players were distracted etc .

But individually our players are third and fourth rate and not skilled enough. That is why they play in lower leagues or benched in the higher leagues.

Thank goodness that we were in the weakest group of this WC. Imagine if we were placed in Qatar,, Canada, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Australia, or Japan's group.

We were in the toughest group (for us). Our style doesn’t correspond well to any of the teams.

Comment

The probability of only drawing teams that suits our style is close to 0. Either we need to work on our style or keep dreaming of winning the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

We were in the toughest group (for us). Our style doesn't correspond well to any of the teams.
                  Don't believe that for a minute.

Every person I heard from was happy we were in our group and everyone thought we had a decent chance of going up because of it.

We got rep from the weakest confederation (CONCACAF) and one of the weakest teams in Europe (65 years of no WC presence).

Comment

but that’s exactly what Japan did. When I looked at the stats I was shocked how they played. It was basically CQ style except it gave results because their players were in shape.
                    Did we watch the same game ?? Japan would attack when they had the chance while we were sitting back on our half the entire time.

Comment

We were in the toughest group (for us). Our style doesn’t correspond well to any of the teams.
                      Nokhodi we agree on a lot of the same points but this one I sadly disagree with you on the fact that if the styles are different then it’s up to the coach to adjust and get the team set up differently. CQ failed again on doing that. The dude took 4 GKs. Are you telling me we didn’t have one single field player, even at average levels, that he could’ve took from our domestic league? Our coach is a stubborn individual that doesn’t want to change his mindset and keep thinking that brute forcing his way will get results.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post

Nokhodi we agree on a lot of the same points but this one I sadly disagree with you on the fact that if the styles are different then it’s up to the coach to adjust and get the team set up differently. CQ failed again on doing that. The dude took 4 GKs. Are you telling me we didn’t have one single field player, even at average levels, that he could’ve took from our domestic league? Our coach is a stubborn individual that doesn’t want to change his mindset and keep thinking that brute forcing his way will get results.
                        Our squad is composed of average players. How could you adjust the team successfully when you don't have the necessarily tools to do it?
                        People are saying he should have put torabi or the speedy amiri as if they are that good. As if football is so logical.

Football is so unlogical sometimes, that cheshmi, hated by everybody, scored a wonderful goal out of nowhere against wales.

Comment

Our squad is composed of average players. How could you adjust the team successfully when you don't have the necessarily tools to do it?
                          People are saying he should have put torabi or the speedy amiri as if they are that good. As if football is so logical.

Football is so unlogical sometimes, that cheshmi, hated by everybody, scored a wonderful goal out of nowhere against wales.
                          I agree but the match against usa. We didnt play hard, do you think that starting 11 ran or played their absolute hardest ? Cq shaped us to play as if we were playing spain
                          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post

I agree but the match against usa. We didnt play hard, do you think that starting 11 ran or played their absolute hardest ? Cq shaped us to play as if we were playing spain
                            Our players cannot play 3 high level games in a week. It is easy to say it now but having fresh legs against US would have help to play with more energy but at the end, I don't think it would have changed the result. Our squad depth isn't great at this level and I don't think the different combination would have changed things drastically.
                            We are more into : a little bit more a little bit less. Nothing more

Comment

Our players cannot play 3 high level games in a week. It is easy to say it now but having fresh legs against US would have help to play with more energy but at the end, I don't think it would have changed the result. Our squad depth isn't great at this level and I don't think the different combination would have changed things drastically.
                              We are more into : a little bit more a little bit less. Nothing more
                              Thing is outside of centre mid, we could have played a back 4 that was fresh
                              moharrami shoja kanaani jalali
                              cq just didnt see it... and he knows we struggle with fitness, he should have rotated
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                                Don't believe that for a minute.

Every person I heard from was happy we were in our group and everyone thought we had a decent chance of going up because of it.

We got rep from the weakest confederation (CONCACAF) and one of the weakest teams in Europe (65 years of no WC presence).

I thought it was the worst group for us from the day of the draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X