Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any prep game is better than nothing!

Comment

I haven't commented much lately, because.. well.. there really isn't much to comment on! However, I am surprised that the rhetoric here has been friendly, for the most part. Maybe it's because the pressure of the WC is past, and we are in a waiting period.

When AGN was appointed, I was skeptical. I know we won the CAFA, and had some big scores, but does any person here honestly believe we are playing decent football? For me, despite the victories, I think we look disorganized (especially transitioning from the back to midfield), and we play lazy ball to the point that sometimes it appears to be a pickup game. Too many of our players panic and/or have a poor first touch.

I don't want to turn this into a CQ support/insult thread. I just want someone to give me some positives about TMs play the past few games.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
        I haven't commented much lately, because.. well.. there really isn't much to comment on! However, I am surprised that the rhetoric here has been friendly, for the most part. Maybe it's because the pressure of the WC is past, and we are in a waiting period.

When AGN was appointed, I was skeptical. I know we won the CAFA, and had some big scores, but does any person here honestly believe we are playing decent football? For me, despite the victories, I think we look disorganized (especially transitioning from the back to midfield), and we play lazy ball to the point that sometimes it appears to be a pickup game. Too many of our players panic and/or have a poor first touch.

I don't want to turn this into a CQ support/insult thread. I just want someone to give me some positives about TMs play the past few games.
        We can only judge this gn team base on one match and that is the Uzbekistan...our defense was horrible if play like that with likes of Japan or s.k ,ksa,Australia it would of been 3-0 @ hft...
        but in all fairness can't judge him or his team yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

dont worry we are in the Jordan tournament in October with Iraq, Qatar and Jordan.
          I'm looking forward more to that than playing Bulgaria because I don't look at mere names but actual play. The only good thing about the Bulgaria friendly is that we leave our shell and play in Europe again. Albeit against a nation that is currently at their lowest point maybe ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

Overall my opinion of GN is that he's around the same tier as Skocic personally. I haven't really seen anything to convince me otherwise yet. Though he still hasn't had a chance to really prove himself yet, aside from CAFA. I will say I am extremely worried about his defensive tactics, PAG should never ever start again for team melli. Going into AC we need tight defense, and we also need to figure out starting midfield. We need pace and speed at left back and midfield. If we have Haj Safi or Ezatolahi running after Korean attackers we already lost, in my opinion

Comment

Amir glenoie has filed complaint on mamad mylikohan in court🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Tm second friendly for Sept fifa day is most probably againat African team than a n.american team.

Comment

Kenya had Michael Olunga, Afghanistan Farshad Noor
                  Kyrgyz Republic Mirlan Murzayev, all stars for their team
                  Successfully all, scored on Team Melli

Uzbekistan had Eldor Shomurodov, but he couldn't score
                  End of the day, got a Silver Medal to put around his neck
                  Runners Up at home, in front of the whole nation
                  Not bad coming second to Youzha, that is Persian for Cheetahs

Next up on the friendly trail, is Bulgarski Lavovete
                  Could their only star Kiril Despodov​, be able to score on Team Melli
                  He is no Stoichkov Berbatov nor Kostadinov, but he could be
                  another Olunga Noor or Murzayev, so Team Melli defenders be better be awake
                  Coz there won't be nap time in Plovdiv, on 7th of September
                  If Team Melli better known as Youzha, gonna come out Victorious

Oracle how did I do?

Comment

Per football360, the candidates for our African opponent in Bulgaria are Nigeria, ghana, and Cape Verde

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      Per football360, the candidates for our African opponent in Bulgaria are Nigeria, ghana, and Cape Verde

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Knowing IFF, Cape Verde it is then...

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Knowing IFF, Cape Verde it is then...
                        isn’t Cape Verde sneakily good with all their players which are basically Portugal B?

any of them are good.

Comment

isn’t Cape Verde sneakily good with all their players which are basically Portugal B?

any of them are good.
                          I think the joke is that Cape Verde are weaker than the other 2 and for IFF people should have no expectations.

Cape verde's national team isn't bad their best players play in some peripheral European leagues, with a couple in Ligue 1 and top flight Portuguese league. They are probably on Uzbekistan's level maybe better

Comment

I doubt if Cape Verde or Nigeria would come to Tehran, but likely to play Iran in Doha.

Ghana might come to Tehran.

Guys, this time FFIRI is doing it right by possibly not revealing names of all actual teams that they are currently negotiating. They learnt from mistakes made last year when matches with Canada and New Zealand got canceled. Be prepared that likely opponent might be CONCACAF Gold Cup's Runner Up, another CONCACAF team or other African teams

If they can't agree and seal the deal, then they might bring China to Tehran.

At times FFIRI like to confuse football fans or the public.

Comment

any of them are good.
                              Not really. Best result was reaching the round of 16 of African Cup in 2021, with a single victory.
                              ​​​​​​Only one of their players plays in a 'big' club (Olympiakos). They're on Uzbekistan's level basically.

Better than Bulgaria, but much rather play Ghana or Nigeria.

Side note, Ghana is managed by Chris Hughton. The guy who brought Alireza to Brighton.
                              Last edited by The; 07-22-2023, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Not really. Best result was reaching the round of 16 of African Cup in 2021, with a single victory.
                                ​​​​​​Only one of their players plays in a 'big' club (Olympiakos). They're on Uzbekistan's level basically.

Better than Bulgaria, but much rather play Ghana or Nigeria.
                                All good points.

If it is Nigeria, I hope they show up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ca/9191630.stm

One of few cases where Iran won in CAS!

Comment

Working...
                                X