No announcement yet.

TM NEWS - VOL 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mighty "jenazeh" working closely with GN to bring back the glory days. All we need is Khatibi taking over the U-16 team and we're all set for a Asian Cup 2007 do-over.

“It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      The mighty "jenazeh" working closely with GN to bring back the glory days. All we need is Khatibi taking over the U-16 team and we're all set for a Asian Cup 2007 do-over.
      Then we could call it the Bermuda Triangle

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post
        I really hope that someone makes the right call for Team Melli to withdraw from the Jordan Tournament in October. There is absolutely no need to have friendlies with AFC's Arab countries. Team Melli should go after Japan, China PR, Armenia, Latvia, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Senegal, Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Tunisia, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Haiti, Honduras, El Salvador and many other African and CONCACAF teams.

Also it would be best not to play friendly with Saudi in September. Turkey has a free day in September, many African and Caribbean/Central American teams are available as well.

Iran football federation are very dictatorial, they are not open to feedback or suggestions. Whatever they don't like, their strategy is to simply block you from contacting or messaging them electronically. Before every interview or Press Conference, they even dictate to the journalists the type of questions they are allowed to ask and what they should not ask. I won't be surprised that some of them benefit financially by accepting participation at Arab hosted tournaments or friendly matches. Iran has no decent stadiums, clubs get suspended and some of those in Football Federation or Iran Football overall only think about their own pockets.
        I won't be surprised that some of them benefit financially by accepting participation at Arab hosted tournaments or friendly matches. Iran has no decent stadiums, clubs get suspended and some of those in Football Federation or Iran Football overall only think about their own pockets.
        you said it yourself. Beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

TM’s foreign assistant will be Antonio Manicone. He was Petkovic’s assistant in Lazio, Switzerland and Bordeaux.
          Pretty good pick I would say.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/193954...„عه-نویی

Rahman Rezaei is also back fortunately in TM’s coaching staff after all that stupid criticism he received.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/193968...-تیم-ملی

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            TM’s foreign assistant will be Antonio Manicone. He was Petkovic’s assistant in Lazio, Switzerland and Bordeaux.
            Pretty good pick I would say.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/193954...„عه-نویی

Rahman Rezaei is also back fortunately in TM’s coaching staff after all that stupid criticism he received.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/193968...-تیم-ملی
            great CV for an assistant, that’s a great pick up (on paper). Also great news that rahman is back, our defense needs a ton of work with what we saw vs Russia and Kenya.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I don’t know about Rahman teaching our defenders. The Mexico & Uzbekistan games are still fresh in the memory.
              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                I don’t know about Rahman teaching our defenders. The Mexico & Uzbekistan games are still fresh in the memory.
                Yeah lets only remember that and not that he played and was fixed in the worlds best defensive leauge for 7 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post

Yeah lets only remember that and not that he played and was fixed in the worlds best defensive leauge for 7 years...
                  His mistake against Mexico cost us the WC. 4 years of hard work down the drain.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

His mistake against Mexico cost us the WC. 4 years of hard work down the drain.
                    And Roberto Baggios penalty miss cost Italy their WC gold 1994, but people forget that if it was not for him Italy would never got that far.

I am not comparing baggio and rezaei, just saying that Rezaei is the best CB we ever had even that he made those mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post

And Roberto Baggios penalty miss cost Italy their WC gold 1994, but people forget that if it was not for him Italy would never got that far.

I am not comparing baggio and rezaei, just saying that Rezaei is the best CB we ever had even that he made those mistakes
                      You’re completly right in not comparing Baggio and Rezaei lol. Rezaei is not the best CB we’ve ever had, not even close.

I almost forgot to mention him and Badavi slapping the hell out of each other in AC 2004, which almost cost us that tournament as well.

So you think a CB who couldn’t handle stressful situations (Mexico), couldn’t even communicate with his GK (Uzbekistan) and had anger management issues (Oman) should teach our current defenders?

Give me a break.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

You’re completly right in not comparing Baggio and Rezaei lol. Rezaei is not the best CB we’ve ever had, not even close.

I almost forgot to mention him and Badavi slapping the hell out of each other in AC 2004, which almost cost us that tournament as well.

So you think a CB who couldn’t handle stressful situations (Mexico), couldn’t even communicate with his GK (Uzbekistan) and had anger management issues (Oman) should teach our current defenders?

Give me a break.
                        Okey then, name one better defender whit a better cv for a CB from Iran than Rahman.

Bro, i agree on that he did those bad mistakes, but if you are saying that a defender that played REGULARY in serie A for SEVEN years is not qualified to teach our narrekhar defenders something, then whit all due respect you are deluted in this case.

Comment

Rahman Rezaei was mistake prone like 99% of all other TM defenders we had. However his highest level was far and beyond any other defender we ever had, if you watched him live in serie playing against ibra for 90min then you know, and if you didnt watch, then you just dont know...

Comment

Rezaei was barely outplayed while marking a guy even Ibra with his physical presence and that was his biggest force and reason why he survived in Serie A but he lacked speed but then again serie A is not the fastest league and physical presence specially during his playing time was key factor!
                            Juste remember PAG saying : aslan nemishe Ibra ro gereft( during Iran Sweden match) and this guy was dealing with Ibra and tall forwards quite often in his career in Italy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seyed Jalal Hosseini was the best defender I ever witnessed for TM. Can't remember hin making any silly mistakes. He was better than Reazei but for some reason he never made that move to Europe. Heyf. There were rumours of him joining Wolfsburg. He speaks German. If Queiroz had been our coach by the time he was an undisputed starter he might have pushed harder for a move to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                Rezaei was barely outplayed while marking a guy even Ibra with his physical presence and that was his biggest force and reason why he survived in Serie A but he lacked speed but then again serie A is not the fastest league and physical presence specially during his playing time was key factor!
                                Juste remember PAG saying : aslan nemishe Ibra ro gereft( during Iran Sweden match) and this guy was dealing with Ibra and tall forwards quite often in his career in Italy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                i only caught out the tail end of the guy's TM career and from my limited recollections also, his biggest asset as a CB was his narekharish size, combative style of defending and superior physicality..! didnt strike me as particularly clever, with a great sense of positioning and leadership of the backline and sorta similarly to Jalaal was rather terrible with distributions from the back and generally with the ball @ his feet..!!
                                i suppose he is just about as qualified if not more qualified than many other domestic assistant coaching options for our defense line..? however a good CB playing past career doesnt necessarily equate to a good coaching one...?
                                be man yaroo ye kam hotheaded o khol be nazar miresid..!!

overall I'd personally rate J Hossaini or maybe even golmo above him as the best CB i ever watched play for TM..!!

I'd also guess that J. Hossaini woulda made a better coach than rezaie..??

Comment

Working...
                                X