MADE TOP 3 CUT.

WHAT IF IFF BECOMES F.A OF THE YEAR😅😅😅
      Its happened before aswell
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

General Interview
        https://youtu.be/597qk4C2-Cc?si=6qBbCB57NssCRRJ4

Comment

I back GN and support him but he seems kind of narcissistic and thinks he’s the main character. Talks a lot in third person and believes the world is out to get him

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

He was decimated by a lot of people here as being a "software engineer" only...

He lost the locker room too.

Guys like Nekounam and Karimi didn't like him.
            ​

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
              taj iff is CANDIDATE FOR BEST F.A OF ASIA
              MADE TOP 3 CUT.

WHAT IF IFF BECOMES F.A OF THE YEAR😅😅😅
              For a sh*t confederation like the AFC, IFF is a good federation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

He lost the locker room too.

Guys like Nekounam and Karimi didn't like him.
                ​
                yup I heard exactly this from several players from that era. ghotbi was not taken seriously at all….players would make fun of him all the time.

unfortunately even though I think ghotbi’s savad is 100x more than GN, the respect factor is everything and GN for sure has it more with players.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

yup I heard exactly this from several players from that era. ghotbi was not taken seriously at all….players would make fun of him all the time.

unfortunately even though I think ghotbi’s savad is 100x more than GN, the respect factor is everything and GN for sure has it more with players.
                  Why wasn’t he taken seriously? Was it because of his accent? Because he was American? Education?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Yap.
                    Karimi literally walked out on him in the middle of a camp in Austria and that was the reason we didn't have him for Asia CUp 2011.
                    Nekounam hated his guts too and sh*t all over him on Navad after Asia Cup 2011.

He really wasn't liked.
                    Unfortunately Iranian players will not listen or worse take advantage if you try and work with them like a Dutch or German coach.

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post

Why wasn’t he taken seriously? Was it because of his accent? Because he was American? Education?
                      In working class and lower middle class Iranian society, educated and well spoken people are usually looked down upon and are considered "bi orzeh", lacking street smarts and dweebs.

I remember when Ghotbi first came to Iran, he was a softly spoken and polite guy by the time he left he had started to take on the passive aggressive and laat persona the likes of GN employ to cover up their insecurities.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Yap.
                        Karimi literally walked out on him in the middle of a camp in Austria and that was the reason we didn't have him for Asia CUp 2011.
                        Nekounam hated his guts too and sh*t all over him on Navad after Asia Cup 2011.

He really wasn't liked.
                        Unfortunately Iranian players will not listen or worse take advantage if you try and work with them like a Dutch or German coach.
                        I think I remember Nekounam saying Ghotbi drew an imaginary line on the pitch and said he was not allowed to go passed that area while playing the game, ever lol
                        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
                          I back GN and support him but he seems kind of narcissistic and thinks he’s the main character. Talks a lot in third person and believes the world is out to get him
                          He's right in the sense that the media does s**t on him alot.
                          Iranians generally have to work 10x harder to get media and critics to be fair.
                          Wilmots didn't get half the criticism GN is getting for some friendlies, even after losing 2 key World Cup Qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post

I think I remember Nekounam saying Ghotbi drew an imaginary line on the pitch and said he was not allowed to go passed that area while playing the game, ever lol
                            Yap. Funny thing is CQ works very much the same. He would put down a yoga mat and provide similar instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post

In working class and lower middle class Iranian society, educated and well spoken people are usually looked down upon and are considered "bi orzeh", lacking street smarts and dweebs.

I remember when Ghotbi first came to Iran, he was a softly spoken and polite guy by the time he left he had started to take on the passive aggressive and laat persona the likes of GN employ to cover up their insecurities.
                              That is too funny

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post

There was rumors against s.k
                                nekunam made that mistake middle of the field
                                So gotbi tm lose on purpose...go see that play again. Javad nickname javad lajan with pp fans started after that match

Comment

Working...
                                X