No announcement yet.

TM NEWS - VOL 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never a dull moment with Amir general maverick pesar khale chalemeydooni ghalenoie

Comment

Taremi is Taremi doesn't matter how good he is(which he is not anymore anyway), he is k0s magz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post

how are you not mentally prepared for a group stage match of an international tournament?
        Japan match got them.

Comment

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere else but as it stands it looks like Japan will play Korea in the first round of the knockout stage. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.

I was judging from this guy's video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2--vToU7Og&t=903s

That will mean that Iran will possibly play a weakened or tired Japan/Korea afterward. Also, it means that Iraq will have the easiest path to the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork View Post
            Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere else but as it stands it looks like Japan will play Korea in the first round of the knockout stage. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong.

I was judging from this guy's video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2--vToU7Og&t=903s

That will mean that Iran will possibly play a weakened or tired Japan/Korea afterward. Also, it means that Iraq will have the easiest path to the final.
            Correct...Japan will most likely win though because they are fighting a SK that is VERY afflicted by injuries as well...4-5 starters are injured including their goalkeeper today who tore his ACL in training

Comment

Every Asian Cup we go through this same BS and drama. No wonder we have never won since the Khomeinist revolution. we have never even gotten close and never even made a finals.

This team is in shambles. The product we say on the field is a result of what's happening off the field that we don't know about. Coupled with what Mehdi Taremi said ... it's in shambles.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Seems like from what I'm hearing...Azmoun has a hamstring injury and that's why they didn't play him vs HK. He might not be available until QF.

Is it time for us to restructure our team so Mehdi is up top striker and add an extra midfielder? Sardar seems to unreliable to bank on him contributing this tournament

Comment

OMG who did this photo session, Teen Vogue?

Comment

LMFAOOOOOOOO this is so funny

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Wtf is that ARJ pose??!!

This is Asian cup not a audition for ex on the beach.....

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post

Wtf is that ARJ pose??!!

This is Asian cup not a audition for ex on the beach.....
                        If he must start
                        play him forward then..
                        Rw not effective...

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          final boss of googly magooly

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                            Every Asian Cup we go through this same BS and drama. No wonder we have never won since the Khomeinist revolution. we have never even gotten close and never even made a finals.

This team is in shambles. The product we say on the field is a result of what's happening off the field that we don't know about. Coupled with what Mehdi Taremi said ... it's in shambles.

what did Taremi say that was so bad ? Why does he have such a sour attitude this tournament. Like he’s too good to be there!

Comment

I don't post as often as I used to but people who've been around long enough to know will know that I don't speak out of hyperbole.

This team is a disjointed mess. Watching the games, I'm getting the same feeling as I got of Team Melli back during the 2007 AFC Asian Cup where we had a talented squad but were led by a clueless Ghalenoei. Seventeen years later, he's no better now than he was then.

To cut to the chase, I'll try to illustrate how this will likely play out:

Scenario 1:

Japan & Korea meet in the Round of 16. No matter how good or bad we play against the UAE and our R16 opponent, our fans will delude themselves into thinking that we have the advantage in the QF because the winner of the Japan - Korea match will be tired. They'll be in for an awakening when we lose.

Scenario 2:

We somehow make it through to the SF and come up against a 'lesser' Asian team. The mental fragility and arrogance of this team - from coach to players - proves to be our downfall and we lose.

Better Iranian teams have tried and failed. There is nothing to suggest that this iteration of Team Melli will win the Asian Cup.

If we wanted to be super tactical at this stage, we may as well throw the UAE match and go on the other side of the bracket. It's been so long since we've played Saudi Arabia or Australia that they don't have the same 'boogeyman' factor as Japan or Korea.
                              Last edited by K. Nader; 01-20-2024, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Azizi and Rabei (Zobahan manager) said today that GN's preferred starting line-up is:

------------------Beiro-------------
                                ----Ramin--Kanani--Shoja--Haj/Milad (he said deciding between the two is the only dilemma GN has)
                                -------------Saman--Ezat--------
                                ----Jahanb----Taremi-------Mohebi
                                ----------------Azmoun------------

Some other points Azizi raised:

- Believed from day one when he was with TM that we can win the tournament
                                - Says Azmoun after Daei is the best poacher of the ball we have ever had. Exceptional in finding space, and ba baghal pa finding the back of the net
                                - Has a bet with Taremi about winning the tournament
                                - Does not feel Azmoun is injured and if he is doesnt understand why he was on the bench
                                - Believes our best players should play each of the games to raise readiness
                                - Said without Saman we have 0 creativity in the squad
                                - He lobbied against Mohebi playing so many games and wanted Torabi to play on the left wing but TM technical coaches didnt feel Taremi can track back on the wing something he said Taremi said he himself could do. He also said GN likes Mohebbi's tenacity which is why he plays him.
                                - Said that he spent most of his time in TM speaking to Mohebbi trying to convey to him that as a winger he must be able to win a one-on-one duel on the wing
                                - He also rates Ghayedi and thinks he's better than Mohebi
                                - He alluded to Torabi not getting playing time for various reasons which he did not disclose
                                - Stated that there are those who oppose GN in the media
                                - Said Taremi is another person disliked by people outside of TM
                                - Said he had a call with GN recently expressing issues with TM alluding to them being hashiye related which he would never disclose
                                - Does not seem to rate Moghanloo
                                i'll update the list as I hear more points

Comment

Working...
                                X