No announcement yet.

TM NEWS - VOL 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GN had more fights in him during his first tenure. He now seems like he's lost his passion for the game. He looks nashe most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Also no need for TM to force a young player in. If a 100 year old is better than an 18 year old then so be it.
      Who exactly are you talking about?
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Also no need for TM to force a young player in. If a 100 year old is better than an 18 year old then so be it.
        If that young player is on the trajectory to surpass that 100 year old player by the time the next big tournament comes around (WC 2026), then it makes sense to integrate the young player asap to get him familiar with the system and gel with the rest of the squad. This WCQ is very easy considering the number of available slots and our group. It's the perfect time ton do these things.

And I would argue, that many times we have left younger players who are actually better out of the squad or on the bench because they "supposedly lack experience playing for TM and all the pressure that comes with it " and instead played a fossil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

These head coaches always get bailed out by our players. If ARJ, Azmoun, and Mohebi didn't have the game of their lives against Japan we would have been toast man. Still came down to a lucky penalty needed. God forbid we get a half competent staff tactically
          wouldn't say it was a lucky penalty - Iran put the Japanese defence (full of "euro players btw") on a lot of pressure and they couldn't cope and panicked in the end

still im GN out lol
          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Its this kind of mentality which is a disease in our football…

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Who exactly are you talking about?
              No one in particular, I just don't agree with the notion that there is some magical youth player out there ready to take over TM and instill his will on the team.
              We don't have any one like that. Even favorites like Hosseinnejad and Yasin Salmani are not consistent enough in clubs to be starters in TM (as much as I would like them to be).

No coach will deprive himself of the best players.
              I really believe that 99% of coaches would pick the same squad with maybe one change.

Originally posted by The View Post

If that young player is on the trajectory to surpass that 100 year old player by the time the next big tournament comes around (WC 2026), then it makes sense to integrate the young player asap to get him familiar with the system and gel with the rest of the squad. This WCQ is very easy considering the number of available slots and our group. It's the perfect time ton do these things.

And I would argue, that many times we have left younger players who are actually better out of the squad or on the bench because they "supposedly lack experience playing for TM and all the pressure that comes with it " and instead played a fossil.
              Who do you think is better and should start immediately?
              Outside of Hajisafi and Noorafkan constantly starting, I am not too upset by his selections.

People forget CQ changed TM from the pre 2014 to 2018 generation becuase all of the old timers literally retired. Otherwise go look at our 2014 squad!
              In Iranian football we only have renewal by necessity, not choice.

Also I am surprised you of all people think anything in football is easy.
              None of it is easy. This qualification is much trickier than it seems and the World Cup will be the same if we make it.

I am still also adamant the clubs have to produce TM level players, not TM to churn them out.

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post

Its this kind of mentality which is a disease in our football…

You're welcome. At least I'm not an Esteghlali.

Comment

No one in particular, I just don't agree with the notion that there is some magical youth player out there ready to take over TM and instill his will on the team.
                We don't have any one like that. Even favorites like Hosseinnejad and Yasin Salmani are not consistent enough in clubs to be starters in TM (as much as I would like them to be).

I really believe that 99% of coaches would pick the same squad with maybe one change.

Outside of Hajisafi and Noorafkan constantly starting, I am not too upset by his selections.

I agree that the clubs need to be the primary source of player creation but it is not about a youth player taking the reigns of the squad.

It is about having a plan for the program.

The US stopped playing the Michael Bradleys and Clint Dempseys at 33 and then let the youth get chances. Now they have several well seasoned 25-26 yr olds for this world cup and the next.

The faults of poor selection get found out eventually.

We had a terrible time against England, politics aside our team was too slow to even win the ball back and push up from being pinned back.

In 2 years, do you expect Hajsafi/Rezaian/Cheshmi etc to stand a chance chasing runs at the World Cup? Outside of parking the bus and Bekesh ziresh to Azmoun/Taremi what is our trajectory?

If we do not give youth opportunities now , then eventually in the crucial moments, whether it is an AC semifinal or a WC group game we will look to the bench and see nothing but the untested.

No I am not advocating for "Taremi old" drop for Saharkhizan etc but we need some progressive ideas instead of the old boys gang

Comment

People forget CQ changed TM from the pre 2014 to 2018 generation becuase all of the old timers literally retired. Otherwise go look at our 2014 squad!

None of it is easy. This qualification is much trickier than it seems and the World Cup will be the same if we make it.

I am still also adamant the clubs have to produce TM level players, not TM to churn them out.

You're welcome. At least I'm not an Esteghlali.
                  I agree it's mainly club duty to play and develop young players. But if a young player show potential and good things at club level, he should get national team experience.

What's the point of playing over and over again the same old average players where peak is not high and generally behind except being coward? Even at club level PP is heading to the wall with their retirement house project

Comment

It doesn't have to be starting the young players. They can come off the bench as long as it's not 89th minute of the match.

For the Upcoming Kyrgyzstan match I would start:

Hazbavi instead of Shoja
                    Hosseinnejad instead of Ghoddos
                    Ghorbani instead of Ezza
                    Allahyar instead of JB or Torabi
                    Gourdazi or Razzaghpour instead of Hajsafi or Milmo
                    Saharkhizan off the bench ahead of Sardar (keep sardar benched)

In addition to that, I think Taheri, Mohebbi (Sephan), Hashemnejad should all be in the Squad.

Comment

Young player needs to play at club level!
                      Not a fan of GN but how you want him to lets say invite and play Yasin while he is warming the bench in Persepolis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Not a fan of GN but how you want him to lets say invite and play Yasin while he is warming the bench in Persepolis?

Bigger and richest Asian clubs don’t gamble on youngsters - when was the last time Persepolis even sold a young prospect to a euro team? The top Asian sides chase the Asian championship one league revenue to maintain that the best shot is proven experienced old players

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post

Bigger and richest Asian clubs don’t gamble on youngsters - when was the last time Persepolis even sold a young prospect to a euro team? The top Asian sides chase the Asian championship one league revenue to maintain that the best shot is proven experienced old players
                          Since when Asian clubs are reference? PP thinks they are going to go far in ACL with old fart like Rigi alekasir?

Euro top club like barca psg and other play 17 year old.

Last time pp sold a young player to Europe was moharami

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Taheri excluding, everyone I mentioned in my post plays regularly for their clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Taheri excluding, everyone I mentioned in my post plays regularly for their clubs.
                              You need more than a small sample to give young kids starting position and not many coaches(other than Mayeli or Dehdari) play regularly bunch of U23 in starting line up in major events
                              You need to live with consequences and in today football everything is result oriented

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Since when Asian clubs are reference? PP thinks they are going to go far in ACL with old fart like Rigi alekasir?

Euro top club like barca psg and other play 17 year old.

Last time pp sold a young player to Europe was moharami
                                Damn that’s a long time ago! Woah!

Comment

Working...
                                X