X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

We tied Turkmenistan with CQ.

These games are not easy.
    I am really surprised how our fans view these games.
    Mainly because some people understand that while you can play 100% lineup every game and win every WCQ, it doesn't translate to performance in WC/AC where you need depth off of your bench, which includes having athletic youth who is already integrated into the team. If we start playing Hosseinejad now, he will have 2 years to fit in with other TM players. Versus if we wait till we have actual friendlies at the end of 2025 which by then there is only 2-3 camps.

Its why for the last 3 cycles we have been the best performing asian team in qualifiers but when it comes to world cup we always crash out and burn, maybe get a lucky win. Meanwhile you got Japan, who understands that playing a 21 year old Suzuki is important because he's now integrated within the team in the last 4-5 camps and has conceded practically no goals since the Asian Cup.

If we want to ever make progress towards actually winning an Asian Cup/getting to R16 at WC we need to be comfortable tying a game or two and even losing 1

Comment

Japan gets tons of friendlies where they can try out their newest members.

Japan has tons of legionnaires who get exposed to her high pressure situations and international level football.

We have no meaningful friendlies so hard to give new players significant time.

Zippo international/high pressure experience for our young ones.

IFF tied GN contract to AFC success, taking away any chance for experimentation and wholesale renewal.

Once we qualify, we can bring in replacements for the old folks. Yes. Not ideal at all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
        Japan gets tons of friendlies where they can try out their newest members.

Japan has tons of legionnaires who get exposed to her high pressure situations and international level football.

We have no meaningful friendlies so hard to give new players significant time.

Zippo international/high pressure experience for our young ones.

IFF tied GN contract to AFC success, taking away any chance for experimentation and wholesale renewal.

Once we qualify, we can bring in replacements for the old folks. Yes. Not ideal at all.

Japan gets the same amount of friendlies as us...all Asian countries have the same schedule. WCQ round 3 from Sept 2024 - June 2025. Sure their friendly games are of higher quality when they do have them but thats not really the arguement here.

I don't get your argument about it being hard to give youngsters significant time. Literally all Asian countries have the same schedules. In fact TM played more games than Japan national team in 2023 with the whole CAFA tournament thing. Somehow all the other teams do it but we can't?

The problem is that even in useless games we play 100% lineup man, even against Afghanistan in CAFA we started Majid Hosseni/Kanaani CB duo. lmfao cmon bro.

The issue is that even when we "qualify" we will still have the same players, and give maybe 10 minutes here and there to younger ones

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Japan gets the same amount of friendlies as us...all Asian countries have the same schedule. WCQ round 3 from Sept 2024 - June 2025. Sure their friendly games are of higher quality when they do have them but thats not really the arguement here.

I don't get your argument about it being hard to give youngsters significant time. Literally all Asian countries have the same schedules. In fact TM played more games than Japan national team in 2023 with the whole CAFA tournament thing. Somehow all the other teams do it but we can't?

The problem is that even in useless games we play 100% lineup man, even against Afghanistan in CAFA we started Majid Hosseni/Kanaani CB duo. lmfao cmon bro.

The issue is that even when we "qualify" we will still have the same players, and give maybe 10 minutes here and there to younger ones
          Japan has a full list of international friendlies with high level opponents.

Iran misses some friendlies (often one instead of two during international breaks) and those that we get, at the last minute, are not sufficient to give the coach meaningful feedback on whether a player can perform against high end opponents.

Our friendlies.... Uzbekistan, Qatar, Jordan, Kenya, Bulgaria are not good enough for WC preparation.

Yeah Cafa... Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan...real wonderful tournaments.

Everything in IRI is equivalent to other countries/teams....ON THE FACE OF IT. They play friendlies...we play friendlies. They have stadiums, we have stadiums, they have coaches, we have coaches, they have legionnaires, we have legionnaires. They have long term plans, we have long term plans.

It's all a facade.

Comment

Japan has a full list of international friendlies with high level opponents.

Iran misses some friendlies (often one instead of two during international breaks) and those that we get, at the last minute, are not sufficient to give the coach meaningful feedback on whether a player can perform against high end opponents.

Our friendlies.... Uzbekistan, Qatar, Jordan, Kenya, Bulgaria are not good enough for WC preparation.

Yeah Cafa... Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan...real wonderful tournaments.

Everything in IRI is equivalent to other countries/teams....ON THE FACE OF IT. They play friendlies...we play friendlies. They have stadiums, we have stadiums, they have coaches, we have coaches, they have legionnaires, we have legionnaires. They have long term plans, we have long term plans.

It's all a facade.

Lets look at the facts here bro, when do you think the last time we missed a friendly slot was? It was the cancelled Canada camp during Skocic era in 2022 which made us do last minute Algeria friendly. Yes our friendlies are mostly against weaker and garbage opposition, but even then we still play full strength lineups against them every game. Zero plans, zero vision, zero anything. Only coach I saw vision from ever was CQ. Even in a non-consequential friendly, we go 100%. Last year in CAFA the excuse was that we wanted "trophy" lol

Lets face reality, we will top this group yet again, and go to WC and AC and get embarassed....again. The writing is on the wall.

The lesson we have learned from the last few tournaments is that heart can only take you so far...you need depth

Comment

Lets look at the facts here bro, when do you think the last time we missed a friendly slot was? It was the cancelled Canada camp during Skocic era in 2022 which made us do last minute Algeria friendly. Yes our friendlies are mostly against weaker and garbage opposition, but even then we still play full strength lineups against them every game. Zero plans, zero vision, zero anything. Only coach I saw vision from ever was CQ. Even in a non-consequential friendly, we go 100%. Last year in CAFA the excuse was that we wanted "trophy" lol

Lets face reality, we will top this group yet again, and go to WC and AC and get embarassed....again. The writing is on the wall.

The lesson we have learned from the last few tournaments is that heart can only take you so far...you need depth
              How much depth did Qatar, Syria, Jordan and Iraq have? Nothing.

The lesson I learned is that lesser teams, even those that you regularly beat, can and will beat you in a tournament.

Comment

Yes and none of them are gonna progress to R16 in the WC because they don't have the necessary depth. Same way we don't. Meanwhile we can just watch as South Korea, Australia, and Japan go to R16 yet again while we go home with our tail between our legs lol.

Look what happened at the AC, Moharrami got injured and old ramin couldn't cover Afif to save his life. Shoja was constantly cramping the whole tournament and always down on the floor, getting outrun by every player. Sardar had injury concerns for all group stage games and Moghanlou couldn't score even 1 out of 10 chances. That was 8 months ago and Shoja did not get any younger sadly unless he found the fountain of youth.

My respect for Omid Ebrahimi is even more today knowing that he chose team over ego and actually retired.

Comment

Agree 100%. See my post earlier re Japan vs Iran.

But even we can beat Japan once in a while, so GN needs to get the job done vs Kyrgyzstan.

Must win.

Edited:
                  BTW... Nice job of pulling those Iran friendly cancellation stats...we've had lots of unfilled friendlies since 2018 but as you pointed out correctly, none since WC22.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I can’t stress this enough that there are no easy teams. It takes a lot of hard work to beat good teams but one moment of complacency to lose against bad teams.

I grew up watching a TM with some of the best players ever struggle against teams like Kuwait and Qatar and Bahrain that had literal amateurs in them.

GN is not perfect but he can’t win with Iranian fans.
                    If he qualifies easily everyone will say “of course, it was an easy group, even a akhoond could do it”.

If he struggles, he will be fired.

He’s damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t, so his approach is then to win at all costs.

He has to fight IFF and “masooleen” for a decent field to play in and people want him to run La Masia out of TM. That’s not his job and is a symptom of overall Iranian approach to everything (don’t trust youth, leave everything to last minute, goshadi, and then the youth you have aren’t ready cause you coddled them).

anyways I just want TM to win man.
                    We missed too many “easy” world cups for me to want to send kids into the field when the coaches clearly dont think they’re ready even at club level.
                    away games are always tough in Asia , bad stadium/pitches and hostile/alienating fans hence why i prefer minimum amount of Arab teams in our group just leaves politics out of the equation , more South East and Central Asia the better in my book -

heck even Japan lost against Oman at home last qualification round there really are no easy games and with such a massive drawn out qualification campaign you could see the bigger teams getting complacent like they did in the asian cup
                    Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

The lesson I learned is that lesser teams, even those that you regularly beat, can and will beat you in a tournament.

these players are obviously going to rise to an occasion more than the bigger teams - A R 16 game for Syrians is a bigger deal than for the Iranian teams i mean i thought the minnow teams in the Asian cup gave a good account of themselves

In regards to Jordan they were playing against a South Korean team that had the second best player punch the best player the night before the game plus Kim Min Jae suspension meant Korea were psychologically rocked - again having star european talent isn't everything as Korea have proved they've literally had the Asias best player ever in SHM and won nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post

these players are obviously going to rise to an occasion more than the bigger teams - A R 16 game for Syrians is a bigger deal than for the Iranian teams i mean i thought the minnow teams in the Asian cup gave a good account of themselves

In regards to Jordan they were playing against a South Korean team that had the second best player punch the best player the night before the game plus Kim Min Jae suspension meant Korea were psychologically rocked - again having star european talent isn't everything as Korea have proved they've literally had the Asias best player ever in SHM and won nothing
                        East Asian teams always struggle against West Asian teams no matter how good they are. There is a real height/weight difference

Comment

To be a tournament team you need a few things which you guys can ask yourselves if any Iranian squad has had

Believe
                          Discipline
                          Will to win
                          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                            To be a tournament team you need a few things which you guys can ask yourselves if any Iranian squad has had

Believe
                            Discipline
                            Will to win
                            I would add a decent coach, good facilities, good friendlies, good federation, and normal relations with outside countries so friendly matches don’t get cancelled.

but yeah those other things are important too.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post

Believe
                              Discipline
                              Will to win
                              I guess in Asia even the biggest teams choke at crucial moments

Japan
                              korea
                              iran
                              all showed bad discipline against easy opposite - just goes to show how discipline matters and guarding against complacency are crucial for success

Comment

East Asian teams always struggle against West Asian teams no matter how good they are. There is a real height/weight difference
                                They can't handle the mind games either.

We're used to 40+ years of cherk bazi from these PGCC countries! Zahre mar mikonan football ra.

Comment

Working...
                                X