Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferdyf View Post

Please dont compare Skocic with CQ.
    The players didnt have any respect for him. There was no possibilty that that we would succed with him
    Dear Ferdyf, I was not comparing Skocic with CQ, but apparently you are. I was pointing out the double standard in this forum of how CQ's decisions are viewed vs Skocic's decision or Skocic's results vs CQ's results. I was not saying anything about who is a better coach.

For example, lets take the decision of taking 25 players and 4 goalies. If Skocic made that decision, this forum would have tore him a new one. But the exact same decision made by CQ, and everyone is going our of their way to come up with excuses on why this may be a great decision. Same thing with Skocic's result vs Algeria compared to CQ's result vs Tunisia which is what O-zone was pointing out.​

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post

Dear Ferdyf, I was not comparing Skocic with CQ, but apparently you are. I was pointing out the double standard in this forum of how CQ's decisions are viewed vs Skocic's decision or Skocic's results vs CQ's results. I was not saying anything about who is a better coach.

For example, lets take the decision of taking 25 players and 4 goalies. If Skocic made that decision, this forum would have tore him a new one. But the exact same decision made by CQ, and everyone is going our of their way to come up with excuses on why this may be a great decision. Same thing with Skocic's result vs Algeria compared to CQ's result vs Tunisia which is what O-zone was pointing out.​
      I agree people on forum would have blasted Skocic's decision in comments.

Some of my views:

1. I am not happy with CQ's decision to only take 25 players instead of 26.

2. Four Goalies: Maybe FIFA forced all teams to have that many goalies in their squad.

3. I am disappointed with the result of friendly with Tunisia but not upset because it was an unofficial friendly and result does not get recorded by FIFA. CQ's last chance to test out 22 players in a match, perhaps now he knows whose his starting 11 and subs will be in the match versus England.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
        I am not worried one bit. CQ knows what he is doing and I am sure we will be fully prepared on Monday.
        I agree that CQ knows what he is doing. However I am not sure about players be fully prepared. Horrific two months in Iran, attacks on Footballers by media and on Social Media. Even if players are physically ready, the question would be, are they mentally ready for World Cup matches?

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
          Awful day for Asians in friendlies:
          Argentina 5 UAE 0
          Croatia 1 Saudi 0
          Not a bad result for KSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post

I agree that CQ knows what he is doing. However I am not sure about players be fully prepared. Horrific two months in Iran, attacks on Footballers by media and on Social Media. Even if players are physically ready, the question would be, are they mentally ready for World Cup matches?
            Unfortunately, our own people are not helping. Look at the negativity and intense scrutiny our players are getting on this forum. I’m not sure if any of the players visit this site, but I’m sure they would get a bitter taste in their mouth.

This is a golden opportunity with players in our prime, and an excellent coach in CQ with a doable WC group. We have an opportunity to make iran footballing history. Who knows the next time everything lines up again like this?

Yet, in hordes, iranians are taking their virtue signaling to new heights by shitting on our players. It is their job, career, passion, and they’ve put in immense work, time, energy, and made many sacrifices to get where they did. When you have unbridled hate (whether justified or not) it will eventually poison your mind and soul, cause black & white mentalities, either “with us or against us” mentality, attack false targets, and completely lose nuance and context.

In spite of all this, I’m sure CQ will not play a single player unless he will bring 110% to the pitch. He will make sure the players are mentally ready.

Comment

FIFA didn’t force teams to take 4 GKs. I think maybe CQ showed sympathy to our GKs because he used to be one(?) Or was appreciative to Hosseini he took him in 2022 while he had cut him in 2018.

I don’t know, but what I am wondering is why a player like Shahab Zahedi didn’t get a chance to show what he’s got to offer.

Disappointing result but I’m sure CQ knows what he’s doing. I really hope the negativity surrounding our team hasn’t gotten to them mentally.

Winning and making history at the World Cup can actually be a good thing for the revolution. Especially if they do something, make a gesture to show their support.

Comment

Abdz selection was BS. Waste of spot. He is 4th keeper atm, what was the point then?!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post

Vasseh bazgasht agha peiman
                  YEK
                  MARD, MIHAN, ABADI
                  BOLAND BEFRESTID.
                  Mokhlesim Kateb jan.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

Mokhlesim Kateb jan.
                    Ma bishtar...

Comment

Originally posted by Rooyintan View Post

I agree people on forum would have blasted Skocic's decision in comments.

Some of my views:

1. I am not happy with CQ's decision to only take 25 players instead of 26.

2. Four Goalies: Maybe FIFA forced all teams to have that many goalies in their squad.

3. I am disappointed with the result of friendly with Tunisia but not upset because it was an unofficial friendly and result does not get recorded by FIFA. CQ's last chance to test out 22 players in a match, perhaps now he knows whose his starting 11 and subs will be in the match versus England.
                      I wasn't anti Skocic like some and didn't like the way he was treated but I don't think he could have handled all the SH TM is receiving and the heavy atmosphere in Iran. Also people saw what CQ is able to do vs Skocic who don't had the same experience. I hate the Zahedi exclusion/the 4gk - 3 strikers/25 players but also happy Sarlak and Noorafkan were kicked out/Karimi inclusion.

Lot of people say we are lucky to play England first as they won't have time to adapt to qatar etc... but I fear the same with CQ. the limited time he had with all the players is very short. Compared it to the long camp he had before 2018.

Comment

Im not comparing them. Its like comparing Bayern München with Wehen Wiesbaden (3.Bundesliga).
                        The decision about his players is weird but we have to wait and see if there is any thought behind it. The decision is accepted by CQ because he has something to show in his resume. To be honest I didn't read any comments that its a "great decision".
                        The difference between the Algeria match and the Tunesia match is that our opener against England is in 4 days. The match vs Algeria was 5 months prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post

Unfortunately, our own people are not helping. Look at the negativity and intense scrutiny our players are getting on this forum. I’m not sure if any of the players visit this site, but I’m sure they would get a bitter taste in their mouth.

This is a golden opportunity with players in our prime, and an excellent coach in CQ with a doable WC group. We have an opportunity to make iran footballing history. Who knows the next time everything lines up again like this?

Yet, in hordes, iranians are taking their virtue signaling to new heights by shitting on our players. It is their job, career, passion, and they’ve put in immense work, time, energy, and made many sacrifices to get where they did. When you have unbridled hate (whether justified or not) it will eventually poison your mind and soul, cause black & white mentalities, either “with us or against us” mentality, attack false targets, and completely lose nuance and context.

In spite of all this, I’m sure CQ will not play a single player unless he will bring 110% to the pitch. He will make sure the players are mentally ready.
                          You have to check out Instagram. People insult Queiroz, every player under every post. Its embarrassing but for sure I can understand it. The problem is when you tell them Agha wait a little bit. Maybe they will do something against the regime, they call you Basiji and insult you even more.

But I understand the anger of those people. They are being oppressed for 40 years

Comment

O-zone jan,

If Skocic had picked 25 players for a 26 player roster and 4 of them were goal keeper and 3 forwards (one injured, one is too old and the third is not a real CF) and then a few days later, we lost 2-0 to Tunisia, he would have gotten the exact same positive reaction on this forum. No double standards here!!!
                            Yes only if every member was under the influence of something. I hope this WC doesn't tarnish CQs reputation. I wanna eat my words so badly for Iran fans, people, and TM sake.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                            X