No announcement yet.

(25.11.22) FIFA World Cup 2022 MD 2: Wales - Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy feeling the night before a world cup game for iran and i dont even care....
    never felt like this before a friendly iran game never mind a world cup game. These corrupt individuals of our world are so corrupt and thirsty for power they dont even care about being cought anymore when they do their crimes. Back when I was a kid theyd have to hide their corruption at least.
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post

can confirm, I saw the video clip.
      really?? do you have a link? I was wondering what was going on...

Comment

Originally posted by Kojiro Hyuga View Post

really?? do you have a link? I was wondering what was going on...
        It's on tiktok you can probably find it easily.

Older guy with the lion flag on his shirt was arguing with a guy with the IR flag and the fans started shouting besharaf at the IR guy.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
          Crazy feeling the night before a world cup game for iran and i dont even care....
          never felt like this before a friendly iran game never mind a world cup game. These corrupt individuals of our world are so corrupt and thirsty for power they dont even care about being cought anymore when they do their crimes. Back when I was a kid theyd have to hide their corruption at least.
          Dude I would just relax and not watch or follow games. I love Iran and team Melli and I know that I will watching!

Comment

Wales aim to emulate England against Iran

Staff WritersPress Association

November 24, 2022 4:06PM

Topics

World Cup Soccer

Wales striker Kieffer Moore plans to torment Iran in the air when the two sides meet up in the second round of Group B games - just like England did.
            Gareth Southgate's side smashed six past Iran in their World Cup opener, with the Iranians having no answer to the English aerial power.
            The 196cm (6ft 5in) Moore watched the first half of that game before Wales set off for their tournament opener - a 1-1 draw against the United States.

He is confident of wreaking more havoc on the Iran defence when the teams meet on Friday (9pm AEDT).
            "They did struggle in the air," Moore said. "You could see England's dominance in the box. They took a lead straight away and that set the tone for the game.
            "If we can replicate that then hopefully we'll get the same outcome."
            Wales are looking to qualify for the knockout stages for the first time since 1958 - their last appearance at the World Cup - while Iran have never gone past the group stage.
            The Asian side have won only one of their last 11 matches at the tournament, a 1-0 victory over Morocco four years ago.
            Iran goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand suffered a head injury in the early stages of England's 6-2 victory after colliding with teammate Majid Hosseini.
            Manager Carlos Queiroz had his head in his hands when Beiranvand came off, and it is unlikely the first-choice goalkeeper will play against Wales.
            "If they are losing their No.1 goalkeeper, it's going to be tough for another person to come in," Moore said.

"It means a rejig for them and it plays into our hands."
            Bournemouth striker Moore changed the course of Wales' opening game against the USA after being introduced at halftime.
            Wales were 1-0 down after an awful 45 minutes, failing to create a single chance, with forwards Gareth Bale and Daniel James completely isolated.
            But Moore's presence gave them a focal point to build attacks and pressure, which ended with Bale winning a penalty and equalising from the spot eight minutes from time, his fourth goal at major championships for Wales.
            "I wanted to impose myself on the game and do what I could, so hopefully I am in a position to start on Friday," Moore said.
            If he does line-up against Iran, he will face opponents who have been busy learning the lessons of that heavy opening-game defeat.
            "We win or learn," Queiroz said.
            "We had the privilege to learn a lot of things today with the English team and we are much better prepared now to play against Wales.
            "Being 3-0 down, the only goal for our team was to enjoy the game and be part of one moment that we should keep brave, united, fighting and try to play our football."

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/wo...iran-c-8957167

Comment

Joe Allen set to return for Wales against Iran

Updated / Thursday, 24 Nov 2022 14:54

Joe Allen missed Monday's draw against USA which was Wales' first World Cup match in 64 years
              Joe Allen has been declared fit for Wales' World Cup match against Iran on Friday.

The 72-times capped Swansea midfielder has not played since damaging a hamstring on 17 September and missed the opening 1-1 draw against the United States on Monday.

Wales manager Robert Page said: "We've got a few tired bodies. We had a few go down with cramp (against United States).

"Joe Allen got through his fitness test. He's fit and raring to go. We've got a decision to make on that. Everybody else is fighting fit."

Skipper Gareth Bale will win his 110th cap against Iran and become the most capped player in the history of the Wales national men's team.

Bale had a few injury issues coming into the tournament but Page is confident he can play another 90 minutes on Friday and has not thought about resting the Los Angeles FC forward.

Page said: "Good luck not picking him. He'll be ready come the time of that game.

"He stepped up and scored the penalty. He deserves all the credit he gets, because when you need him he delivers."

Bale expressed his disappointment at not being allowed to wear the OneLove armband in Monday's opener against the United States.

Seven European nations competing at the World Cup - including England and Wales - dropped plans to wear the armband following the threat of sporting sanctions from FIFA.

Yellow cards were threatened for the captains wearing the armbands - and Bale was booked in the first half against the Americans for an illegal challenge.

Bale said: "We weren't too happy about (not wearing the armband), but if I had I would have been sent off after 25 minutes.

"Of course we support if, but we are here to play football at the same time.

"By not wearing it it doesn't mean we don't support it and we are all for creating awareness."

Follow every game from the 2022 FIFA World Cup via live blogs on RTÉ.ie/sport and the RTÉ News app, or watch live on RTÉ Television and RTÉ Player

https://www.rte.ie/sport/world-cup-2...-against-iran/

Comment

I am a new member and this is my first post! Iran has always been a tenacious, well organized team with incredible will power. I hope this team can put behind the last match and the silly political stuff and is just focused on taking it to Wales. If this can be done, I have the belief that this team can beat Wales and have something to play for in the last match.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                  What are your predictions for tomorrow?
                  Our household:
                  Wales vs Iran
                  4-1
                  3-1
                  2-0
                  No one thinks Iran will win!
                  That household sentiment is pretty much everywhere. We feel the same!

BUT, there is something on the back of my mind, says Iran will surprise Wales!

We just need to play football. Enough is enough of this chicken shit defending!

Comment

2-1 Iran
                    3-1 England

Comment

3 Main Things will determine the outcome of the game:
                      1. Players mental readiness
                      2. CQ’s starting lineup
                      3. How quickly CQ makes subs if players are underperforming

I’m confident that the players will play with something to prove. I’m worried about CQ though.

Comment

Originally posted by Club monaco View Post
                        2-1 Iran
                        3-1 England
                        Kateb mom has iran 2-1 but she prefers 2-0(she said hamed lak should of been back up to biravand.
                        mashsaeed said we won't lose
                        Kateb said we won't lose.

Comment

I feel very inconsistent about this game. One minute I think we might be able to win, next minute I think it'll be a disheartening loss.

Either way I hope the boys go out there and play without distraction and give it their best. Hopefully we have some good luck too and pull out a win.

Just please no more Ali Karimi, Cheshmi, Mohammadi or Hajisafi.

Comment

I think this match is 0-1 to Iran or a draw. CQ will follow his normal game plan. Wales will look to cross into the center channel or get a FK in a good area and take advantage of their air game. Iran will counter and look for a smash and grab. Not sexy but it is effective and I think this is how Iran has prepared for this match.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                              3 Main Things will determine the outcome of the game:
                              1. Players mental readiness
                              2. CQ’s starting lineup
                              3. How quickly CQ makes subs if players are underperforming

I’m confident that the players will play with something to prove. I’m worried about CQ though.
                              Agree with above. I would also add the GK selection. He needs to go with someone other than Hosseini.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                I feel very inconsistent about this game. One minute I think we might be able to win, next minute I think it'll be a disheartening loss.

Either way I hope the boys go out there and play without distraction and give it their best. Hopefully we have some good luck too and pull out a win.

Just please no more Ali Karimi, Cheshmi, Mohammadi or Hajisafi.
                                I also feel the same. However, I would say that Hajisafi and Mohammadi did alright. Karimi, Cheshmi and Majid Hosseini should be benched. Central Defence should be Khalilzadeh-Kanaani.

Goalie Abedzadeh is good but he comes out of goal too often, Hossein Hosseini had a very bad day against England conceded 6 so my main concern is goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X