Wc 2022 general appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wc 2022 general appreciation

Beyond TM performance and game, did you like WC in general? What did you like, what you didn't like?

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Beyond TM performance and game, did you like WC in general? What did you like, what you didn't like?
    Thanks for this thread.
    It was a fun wc to watch, i liked the extended correct extratime so grassrolling cant effect as much. Great upgrade
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

All games were watchable, even Ecuador vs Qatar. I don‘t recall any games ending without a goal, the stadiums looked beautiful and the games were full of surprises. Argentina vs Holland was beautiful and the final game was the cherry on the top. For us Iran fans things were nice too, we managed to shake away our defeat against England and win convincingly against Wales, a team which did pretty well in their last European Cups and was stacked with Premier League players. We lacked a bit of luck in the end to not conceede that tokhmy goal against the yankees / and or to score one against them but all in all it was a great World Cup for me 😄

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        3 things:

- all those extra minutes at the end of the game to make sure teams don't use grass rolling as way to beat teams. (AFC ? were you watching the games?)
        - a lot less red cards. The outcome of games should be determined by the players and not the refs. A team playing with 1 or 2 less players on the field is no longer a real game to me.
        - very accurate offside calls

Overall I thought they did an amazing job given that their country's population went up by 50% in span of three weeks. Not an easy thing to do, especially when the world is waiting for you to fail.

The one area I think FIFA should consider is sudden death during the extra minutes. I am not a fan of penalty kicks determining the outcome of the game. I prefer to see the results determined during the 90 minutes and/or extra times.
        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post

3 things:

- all those extra minutes at the end of the game to make sure teams don't use grass rolling as way to beat teams. (AFC ? were you watching the games?)
          - a lot less red cards. The outcome of games should be determined by the players and not the refs. A team playing with 1 or 2 less players on the field is no longer a real game to me.
          - very accurate offside calls

Overall I thought they did an amazing job given that their country's population went up by 50% in span of three weeks. Not an easy thing to do, especially when the world is waiting for you to fail.

The one area I think FIFA should consider is sudden death during the extra minutes. I am not a fan of penalty kicks determining the outcome of the game. I prefer to see the results determined during the 90 minutes and/or extra times.
          Golden goal or Silver goal?
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post

Golden goal or Silver goal?
            I'll take platinum. The gold market is overpriced in my opinion. Platinum has more upside.
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I talk to a Mexican person which has gone to every wc since 06.
              he told me the atmosphere was family atmosphere, unlike other 4 wc he attended.
              He said first time he felt safe and he wish all
              wc atmosphere would be like qatar.
              This was the most conservative wc ever,
              if catholic nuns be in charge of wc, qatar wc was even more conservative.

Regarding matches
              Competition level was very high.
              all teams where good except for the host and couple other team..
              This wc made me realize
              Iran first priority should be Asian cup
              Since we are decades behind other teams..

I would say best wc since 1986
              ​​​​​which Argentina won it back then too

Comment

The positives :
                * the big extraminutes, even if after the group stage they didn't apply it that much
                * automatic offside
                * 3 Asian teams in R16
                * the stadiums
                * the referee were good during the group stage globally. Less good after.
                *Iran/wales

The negatives :
                * Iran overall performance (except the wales game) and the atmosphere around TM
                * qatarbashing before the wc. Overall the traditional wc atmosphere weren't there
                * Morocco reaching the semi final, overshadowing asian performance.
                * all the soft pk given to Messi so he can win the cup.
                * the refereeing after the group stage
                * some games with empty seats and the pitch were getting worse at the end of the cup
                * 4 games by day, leagues stopping and restarting 1 week before/after the wc
                * like always, french media speaking very little about our games and football (except for political stories)

Comment

This.. 🤣
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                    This.. 🤣
                    If anyone finds a video of this tshirt from wc, plz post.
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                    X