Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

It’s not ironic, he was worthless.
    CQ knew how to win? He managed the feat of both playing shitty football and not winning lol.

GN is the best iranian coach we have. If we can’t get good foreign coaches, we might as well go with an iranian coach instead of garbage like CQ, Branko, Wilmots, Skocic etc.
    it’s ironic how you like winning so much but WCQs and finishing top in the group in back to back cycles means nothing to you. you’re trolling dude….give it a rest.

debating if he didn’t deliver on certain things like AC performances or makes sense….that’s up for debate. But his winning percentage, records, etc. are not up to debate, opinion isn’t a factor when it comes to facts.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

I thought this way too for entertainment sake but I changed my mind.

We historically have on and off struggles with all three of those teams. Adding a coach vs coach rivalry only helps the other team as we SHOULD have better player quality. If something goes wrong (if we lose/tie a game to Branko's Oman or CQs Qatar) then that will be the talking point and derail the rest of our tournament.

I have very low expectations for people who are not more than regime stooges in charge of our sports, but we need to do our homework.

Forget the emotional parts of the Arab/coaching rivalries.Teach our players to STFU when interacting with referees.

Do the homework on each of our opponents. Every game is a final and plan to make the final.

All of this domestic coach vs foreign coach, regime vs antiregime players, SS vs PP players, domestic players vs legionnaire business, gheyrat is all BS talk unless homework is done.

Going back to 1988, the only teams that have won the AC are Japan, Saudi, Australia, Iraq, Qatar. Iraq's win was an underdog story but the other countries are better at organization and doing their homework.
      7 finals are ahead of us. We need to go into every game with the mentality that we will win the game.

The ”not to lose” mentality have cost us way too many asian cups.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

it’s ironic how you like winning so much but WCQs and finishing top in the group in back to back cycles means nothing to you. you’re trolling dude….give it a rest.

debating if he didn’t deliver on certain things like AC performances or makes sense….that’s up for debate. But his winning percentage, records, etc. are not up to debate, opinion isn’t a factor when it comes to facts.
        You know you're not winning any arguments by calling people trolls etc.

Winning is always good but winning when it matters is what football is all about.
        But clearly you seem to be of a different opinion.

I couldn't care less if we finish WCQ with 10 wins out of 10 when it's results in the final tournament that matters.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

7 finals are ahead of us. We need to go into every game with the mentality that we will win the game.

The ”not to lose” mentality have cost us way too many asian cups.
          I think that's us swinging the pendulum back too far now.

Final mentality is more than just a defensive or offensive strategy or saying we'll win the game before it happens. Its taking the opponent seriously regardless of stature, analyzing the opponent, making every touch, every pass, every shot count for something.

Every Iran-Kyrgyzstan game starts at 0-0 and so does every Iran-Japan or Iran-Saudi game. There's a huge amount of emotional discipline and crispness our team needs to learn before January next year.

Last edited by perspolis#1; 03-29-2023, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

I think that's us swinging the pendulum back too far now.

Final mentality is more than just a defensive or offensive strategy or saying we'll win the game before it happens. Its taking the opponent seriously regardless of stature, analyzing the opponent, making every touch, every pass, every shot count for something.

Every Iran-Kyrgyzstan game starts at 0-0 and so does every Iran-Japan or Iran-Saudi game. There's a huge amount of emotional discipline and crispness our team needs to learn before January next year.
            What i meant was going into every game with confidence.
            Especially the KO-games where we usually start shaking like crazy instead of playing to win…

I agree about us needing to take every opponent seriously. We shouldn’t underestimate anyone but more importantly not OVERESTIMATE teams like Japan etc.

Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

You know you're not winning any arguments by calling people trolls etc.

Winning is always good but winning when it matters is what football is all about.
              But clearly you seem to be of a different opinion.

I couldn't care less if we finish WCQ with 10 wins out of 10 when it's results in the final tournament that matters.
              I’m winning arguments by speaking in facts, you’re continuously disregarding them. Winning games with the World Cup on the line matters for a country that historically speaking, does not make it most of the time and has had many, many failures and obstacles.

you’re measuring stick for what you expect to see for TM is simply not grounded in reality, sorry.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

I’m winning arguments by speaking in facts, you’re continuously disregarding them. Winning games with the World Cup on the line matters for a country that historically speaking, does not make it most of the time and has had many, many failures and obstacles.

you’re measuring stick for what you expect to see for TM is simply not grounded in reality, sorry.
                We have different expectations of TM.

I expect them to qualify for R16 in WC and just qualifying to WC is a failure for me while you seem to be content with just qualifying.

You’re continuosly trying to bring up results from WCQ as a proof of CQ ”success” but i will continue to disregard them because WCQ is just a warmup for WC, nothing more.

Sorry, but your expectations of TM are way too low.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

First time since 2011 I feel we are in bad hands. No trust on this charlatan. I trusted Skocic much more

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    First time since 2011 I feel we are in bad hands. No trust on this charlatan. I trusted Skocic much more
                    The charlatan is gone. Ghalenoi has already been a breath of fresh air.

Comment

The General has a golden opportunity here.
                      Get us the title & he will never be forgotten.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Taj really shit in the bed. Vahid Halilhodzic, Sabri Lamouchi, Lucien Favre, Petkovic.. wasn't it impossible to find someone like that???

Comment

Those ”safe hands” of 2011-2019 got us nothing but 2 humiliating defeats at the hands of Iraq & Japan despite working 8 years with the team.

Now Iran is finally free of those ”safe hands” and hopefully we will all celebrate an AC-title in February next year.

Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Those ”safe hands” of 2011-2019 got us nothing but 2 humiliating defeats at the hands of Iraq & Japan despite working 8 years with the team.

Now Iran is finally free of those ”safe hands” and hopefully we will all celebrate an AC-title in February next year.
                            I don't give any importance on AC so do the world who don't even broadcast this competition.

Thanksfully, the current clown we have will only waste AC and one year behind closed doors. January 2024 will see a reset of this mascarade, hopefully not replaced by another one

Comment

I don't give any importance on AC so do the world who don't even broadcast this competition.

Thanksfully, the current clown we have will only waste AC and one year behind closed doors. January 2024 will see a reset of this mascarade, hopefully not replaced by another one
                              The AC is very important for us and we must win it next year.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

The AC is very important for us and we must win it next year.
                                I don't agree. I will exchange every AC for tons of quality legionnaires and good WC coupled with sub-par AC, like SK has.

Comment

Working...
                                X