• Show
Clear All

Iran Vs Kenya player rating

Good:
    Rezaian

Ando's booty. He lowkey got that trunk.

Yea that's it.

Notable average:
    Mehdi - was involved, but past two matches he's gone back to his PP/Qatar Era finishing. Really poor end product.

Supercuts - 2nd match in charge. Better than expected, but not really challenged.
    offensively moving well, although players seem more selfish under him than even when Laboo salesman was in charge.

​​​​​​His player selection is bad though. Fuck is Aghasi doing on the bench behind Sohrabian?
    why is Moghanlou even in the squad? And many more...

Bad:
    Hajsafi - what else is new?
    Karimi Moharammi

Absolute garbage:
    Moghanlou - There's a reason the guy barely lasted half a season abroad. Sad Rahmat be Alipour.

Sohrabian

The ref - although his bad officiating worked to Iran's advantage overall.

The fans - seen more passion at high school field hockey crowds.
    ​​​​
    Last edited by The; 03-28-2023, 02:55 PM.

Kenyas goalie was our man of the match
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Didn't watch after kenya goal

Niazmand 5
      Moharammi 3, his CL form was a mirage
      Kanaani 4 average
      Sohrabian 0 best kenyan player
      Hajsafi 4 average, up and down
      Karimi 5 good start but disappeared after 20min
      Cheshmi 4 up and down
      Mohebi 4 lively but like to fall/dive too much. Not convinced by him.
      Moghanlou 0 utter shit
      Taremi 3 not good
      JB 0 awful

GN below 0

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Highlight of the game:

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I cannot think of any player on Iran team who deserved anything more than a 2. Coach in the minus.

Horrible performace all around.

The man of the match was Olunga who scored a perfect goal.

Comment

Cheshmi had Olunga in his backpocket, and distributed the ball fairly well,... if he can keep up like this, he might evolve into being the iranian dado prso.
              Rezaeian was very good, and should be the starting right back. the best thing moharrami can do is, to go back to iran and get some playing time, or else his position might get overtaken by Esmaeilifar.

We have some quality wingers in Gholizadeh, Mohebi, Torabi and JB. But unfortunately we dont always get the best out of them in the TM jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by shlamrub View Post
                Cheshmi had Olunga in his backpocket, and distributed the ball fairly well,... if he can keep up like this, he might evolve into being the iranian dado prso.
                Rezaeian was very good, and should be the starting right back. the best thing moharrami can do is, to go back to iran and get some playing time, or else his position might get overtaken by Esmaeilifar.

We have some quality wingers in Gholizadeh, Mohebi, Torabi and JB. But unfortunately we dont always get the best out of them in the TM jersey.
                Dado Prso was a FW as far as i remember? 😁
                Yeah Cheshmi is our best DM for sure. Much better than that overweight turtle Ezatolahi.

I don’t know if you follow our league but Cheshmi/Mehri combo is fantastic and both need to be starting if we’re serious about winning the AC!
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                  Highlight of the game:

the women’s national team were also there watching the game.

Comment

My general thoughts about the game:

Good:
                    Goalies, Kanaani, Rezaeian

OK:
                    Taremi, Mohebbi

Didn't even notice them:
                    Hajisafi, Karimi, Hajisafi

Bad:
                    Sohrabian, Moharrami,

Really bad:
                    JB, Moghanlou

I don't think Moghanlou is as a bad as his performances have shown. Most coaches will play a nearly 2 m tall forward who can shoot and has a decent header. The issue is he's not in sync with the team, and doesn't compliment the other's style.

I think the friendly in general wasn't worth much, simply because the team wasn't challenged. It's not that Kenya was great, or that this is our level... it was rather that TM didn't care. We thought we're too good for this game, and it showed.

I don't agree with the assessments that there were no tactics - there clearly were (play on flanks, lots of crosses... GN's usual style), but they were the wrong tactics for a big physical team like Kenya.

I don't think the team is going to get tested until Asian Cup. If GN does well (semi-finals minimum with good performances) we should keep him. Otherwise bring in someone else.

Comment

Working...
                    X