• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Top 4 CBs in PGPL this season according to Metrica ratings:

Kanaani - 7.32
    Aref Aghassi - 7.32
    Shoja Khalilzadeh - 7.28
    Giorgi - 7.25

This is why GN and pretty much any other coach will start Kanaani and Shoja, especially if PAG and Hosseini are injured.
    Tell us why the guy at second place is not Irans starting cb then? You also dont show the rest of the list. The difference between 7.25 and 7.10 aint much at all. Kaanani has been defensively weak all year and goals have driven his rating up. Listen to any podcast related to Iranian football and you will hear the same. Giorgi is 10x the defender Shoja has ever been aswell. Moghanlou is third on the stat list you shared but everyone can see what a useless player he is. Beiro is not even among the top 5 goalkeepers, according to ur logic he shouldnt be invited. Sohrabian is rated higher than Hardani. On football360s ratings, Arash Rezavand has a higher rating than Shoja, I wont even say more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballeKhob View Post

Tell us why the guy at second place is not Irans starting cb then? You also dont show the rest of the list. The difference between 7.25 and 7.10 aint much at all. Kaanani has been defensively weak all year and goals have driven his rating up. Listen to any podcast related to Iranian football and you will hear the same. Giorgi is 10x the defender Shoja has ever been aswell. Moghanlou is third on the stat list you shared but everyone can see what a useless player he is. Beiro is not even among the top 5 goalkeepers, according to ur logic he shouldnt be invited. Sohrabian is rated higher than Hardani. On football360s ratings, Arash Rezavand has a higher rating than Shoja, I wont even say more than that.
      Coach isn't going to take just stats into account, otherwise a computer can pick the team.

Aghassi might not be tactically flexible, maybe has an attitude problem, maybe he isn't good in high stakes games? He played one game for TM versus Algeria and he was truly awful.

Moghanlou is top goalscorer in Iran. He isn't utilized properly (he is only useful against teams that are weak physically), but he 90% of coaches will pick him.

Ultimately the intangible quality of experience and handling pressure is what gets alot of these guys selected.

Rezavand is a midfielder by the way, no? Unfair to compare to Shoja.

Comment

Coach isn't going to take just stats into account, otherwise a computer can pick the team.

Aghassi might not be tactically flexible, maybe has an attitude problem, maybe he isn't good in high stakes games? He played one game for TM versus Algeria and he was truly awful.

Moghanlou is top goalscorer in Iran. He isn't utilized properly (he is only useful against teams that are weak physically), but he 90% of coaches will pick him.

Ultimately the intangible quality of experience and handling pressure is what gets alot of these guys selected.

Rezavand is a midfielder by the way, no? Unfair to compare to Shoja.
        Aghasi was the best player on the field vs Algeria and people here even remember how he played that game. He even created Irans goal. Stop twisting everything dude. Moghanlou scores tap ins and take a look at the open goal miss of his during sepahans last game. Embarrassing.

«Quality of experience» what experience does these garbage players you talk about have? Again Beiro is not even top 5 in the list you shared.

No its not unfair to compare rezavand to shojas rating. Rezavand is an awful player.

Its incredible how GN is dragging this team back to pre CQ era and you think its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Yeah that

I listen to radio varzesh a lot..in one of their shows
          They said they broke ground and started few months ago...but dont have other updates anymore....

Comment

I agree Aghasi was one of the best D in league this season! Surprised he didn't make it under GN as coach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              Start a thread for 24/25 season please so we can discuss transfers.

Hussin gudarzi dareh mireh ss

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

Start a thread for 24/25 season please so we can discuss transfers.

Hussin gudarzi dareh mireh ss
                Won't he just be benched for Jalali...

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Won't he just be benched for Jalali...
                  Exactly he is going to replace Jafar Salmani and be back up to jalali....jalali always has had on and then disappears seasons...it's a long season hazing plus acl 8 matches, plenty of games to get minutes.

Pp and ss are not woke enough to start just turn 23 year old lb.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballeKhob View Post

Aghasi was the best player on the field vs Algeria and people here even remember how he played that game. He even created Irans goal. Stop twisting everything dude. Moghanlou scores tap ins and take a look at the open goal miss of his during sepahans last game. Embarrassing.

«Quality of experience» what experience does these garbage players you talk about have? Again Beiro is not even top 5 in the list you shared.

No its not unfair to compare rezavand to shojas rating. Rezavand is an awful player.

Its incredible how GN is dragging this team back to pre CQ era and you think its all good.
                    The players you hate have Asian Cup, World Cup, and ACL experience. They know how to win. They perform in high stakes matches usually. They don't fall apart like a house of cards.

It's not about CQ versus GN. CQ had some tough games and questionable selections (Shojaei, Khanzadeh, cutting Khalatbari...) but he did what he had to. He is no longer in charge and his time is up so I won't bring him up.

Moghanlou scored tap-ins? Fine. That's what his job was.

Again, my biggest issue with GN is not selection (all coaches have weird favorites), but he picks the wrong system for the opponents. Maybe he believes we're so good that we can impose our will, but every small team now knows in general how to make games difficult for "bigger" teams.

Comment

The players you hate have Asian Cup, World Cup, and ACL experience. They know how to win. They perform in high stakes matches usually. They don't fall apart like a house of cards.

It's not about CQ versus GN. CQ had some tough games and questionable selections (Shojaei, Khanzadeh, cutting Khalatbari...) but he did what he had to. He is no longer in charge and his time is up so I won't bring him up.

Moghanlou scored tap-ins? Fine. That's what his job was.

Again, my biggest issue with GN is not selection (all coaches have weird favorites), but he picks the wrong system for the opponents. Maybe he believes we're so good that we can impose our will, but every small team now knows in general how to make games difficult for "bigger" teams.
                      The few players I dont rate cant be fixed with «experience». Besides Beiro playing world cup what experience do Moghanlou, Shoja, Noorafkan etc have? Aghasi and Hazbavi have acl experience aswell and were great. Do you even watch the league besides Perspolis? First you bring up ratings and mention thats why Shoja is there but then dont even answer to why Beiro is there when he is not among the top 5 gks in the same list you shared. Shoja has barely any experience. Beiro still after a world cup went to a coach and said «I have god» to a coach in europe thinking that bikelas shit would work like in iran.

Moghanlou may score tap ins vs crap opponents but even at asian level the guy has failed massively. Atrocious in acl and ac.

Smaller teams annoying bigger teams can be usual but hk was literaly controlling the game at times. They werent just parking the bus and trying to counter. There is no system thats why these smaller teams can do good vs team melli. Team Melli has like 100 uncordinated chances wasted and these teams need one ok attack to score because of everyone being so «hojomi». Defending at set pieces has also been a disaster. Gn is just taking the team back to what it was in 2007. Struggling vs smaller teams and inshallah vs the bigger ones.

Comment

2 more goals by moghanlou in cup final 2-0 win!
                        The guy killing it in IPL!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

My pubes could have scored those chances in the final

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

My pubes could have scored those chances in the final
                            Oh yeah why not lol

Comment

Its easy to say he's killing it but as a Sepahan fan who watched this season closely he is so freaking wasteful. He finishes maybe 1 chance for every 15 he gets. This guy is the definition of being a target man striker instead of having any football intelligence. IMO the fact that he's the top striker two years in a row just shows how low the quality of our league is when it comes to offense and striker prospects.

Comment

Did you even watch the game? He had the absolute biggest joke of a tap in and a penalty.

And the one beautiful chance Hosseinnejad creates for him, on a true 1v1, he chokes hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X