No announcement yet.

Persian Gulf Pro League® | 2023 - 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really need a new right winger. Saedghi is a bench player for PP at best. Poor vision and decision making.

Comment

Looool, Pourhamdi is so bad.

Comment

Persepolis’ play in tight spaces has again been wonderful. Miles ahead of the rest of the league.

Final touches letting us down. Amiri and Torabi cut open Teraktor defense and nearly got Torabi a Golaso. Torabi khayemal has been excellent. Only player in Iran who can move the ball up effectively and transition from defense to attack speedily.

sadeghi scored but he’s been atrocious.

Comment

Another terrible final touch by Persepolis. We will be punished for this. It is the law of football.

Comment

This game is making my eyes bleed….both Persepolis and Tractor Sazi really suck.

Zahedi can’t get even half decent service. All we do is aimlessly turn the ball over or try to cross it in instead of playing smart passes on the ground.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              This game is making my eyes bleed….both Persepolis and Tractor Sazi really suck.

Zahedi can’t get even half decent service. All we do is aimlessly turn the ball over or try to cross it in instead of playing smart passes on the ground.
              Are we watching the same game homie?

Persepolis can play a possession game which neutralizes Tractor's pressing.
              We've had lots of chances but can't finish.

Comment

Great victory for Persepolis in a hostile atmosphere.
                Completely neutralized Teraktor. Could have been 4 or 5-0 if the point blank misses had gone in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Persepolis’ play in tight spaces has again been wonderful. Miles ahead of the rest of the league.

Final touches letting us down. Amiri and Torabi cut open Teraktor defense and nearly got Torabi a Golaso. Torabi khayemal has been excellent. Only player in Iran who can move the ball up effectively and transition from defense to attack speedily.

sadeghi scored but he’s been atrocious.
                  PP play well because they kept the same players since years

Comment

20 year old hosseinnejad starting for sepahan against zob ahan. He was excellent at u20 AC, best player with hazbavi.

can play wing and CAM

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

PP play well because they kept the same players since years
                      Yes, and the team clearly has a system. Very possession heavy.
                      The better the pitch, the better we'll play.
                      For that reason, I think we will be very poor against Sepahan in Isfahan.

Comment

The reality of Iranian club football is that despite the recent improvements, it's still not "good".

If you're used to watching top 5 Euro leagues, of course this is garbage. Even the worst teams in the worst top 5 leagues in the world play better football (and that's not surprising when you compare the finances).

Our (and most of Asia and Africa) top clubs would struggle to even stay up in the championship or Segunda. I have watched a bit of league 1 this season, and PGPL is more on that level, and even then, a club like Portsmouth would probably beat PP. In terms of tactical organisation our clubs are just not ready beyond the few sparks of brilliance that Nokhodi mentioned.

There's just so much coaches can do. Our football needs grass roots investment.

Basically if you're watching PGPL, this is it. It's shit, it's supposed to be shit, if you don't like it, there's the door.

Sidenote, lol at Hossienzadeh leaving Belgium to sit on a bench in PGPL.

Comment

stunning move by hosseinnejad, lovely penetration from center of park and perfect pass to moghanlou who smashes one off the post. btw he is playing as CM

watch here:

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Are we watching the same game homie?

Persepolis can play a possession game which neutralizes Tractor's pressing.
                            We've had lots of chances but can't finish.

I was watching on and off all game and maybe I got the bad bits but every time I saw us trying to get an attack going it resulted in a crappy turnover or an aimless ball into the box when there were much better options to play the ball. The decision making was atrocious from what I saw….the only possession I saw was side to side or back passing for a few mins at a time….nothing going forward other than Torabi’s shot that hit the side net and someone in the rw (maybe sadeghi) skying the ball over the net when they could have dribbled the ball 19 yards closer or played a half decent ball on the ground.

so far in these opening two matches for me Persepolis has looked particularly bad….sepahan and Esteghlal look 20x better. Small sample size but just how I see it.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              20 year old hosseinnejad starting for sepahan against zob ahan. He was excellent at u20 AC, best player with hazbavi.

can play wing and CAM
                              Long hair number 86?

I was wondering this good player!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Long hair number 86?
                                yes. No wonder morais let go of yasin. Hosseinnejad is younger, more physical, more active in defensive phase, and makes the correct/simple decision much more often.

Comment

Working...
                                X