Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mehdi Taremi is on the list of the three finalists for the Best Asian Player of the Year award to play outside the continent, for the year 2022.

Others include Kaoru Mitoma, a Japanese striker and Kim Min-jae, a central South Korean player.

AFC Asian International Player of the Year

Mehdi Taremi (FC Porto and IRN)

Kaoru Mitoma (Royale Union Saint Gilloise/Brighton & Hove Albion and JPN)

Kim Min-jae (Fenerbahce/SSC Napoli and KOR)

Comment

Rahman Rezaei interview with Sportitalia re Taremi:

“He is in great shape. We were in Jordan a few weeks ago and saw it brilliantly. He played really well and I think he can still give football a lot in the coming years, even at a high level. Even if he goes to a stronger team, he can still do much more than he has done so far, in teams like Milan and Inter, for example, "he said in statements to Sportitalia.

“He can absolutely make a difference [in decisive and Champions League games]. He's an advanced man who has everything. It makes a great use of the line from outside the game without giving reference points to the defenses. It fits well even when it starts more indent and, as advanced, knows what to do, but has great displays even as a second forward or extreme, either on the left or on the right, "he said, continuing to the one he considers to be the best way to use it.

“The best way to explore it, in my opinion, is to put it in the role it plays best, as an average or second advanced. There, he can do anything: move to the right or left, defend the ball, pretend the mark, get a game behind... There are few like him in modern football. Before there were players like Kaká, a natural number 10 and that made the difference in that role. They also exist, but they are less. Some are in Portugal, France, Spain and South America, as is the case of Mehdi,” he said.

Asked if Taremi would be compatible with Lautaro Martínez, Argentine forward of Inter, Rezaei had no doubts about the answer.

“We’re talking about a very strong forward, they can combine very well together. Both know how to hold the ball and take the team forward, but at the same time, Toro [Lautaro] is lethal at sea and bad at doing races behind the defenses. I see Taremi being right around him, everything else depends on what Inzaghi possibly thinks of.”

“There are certainly other teams as well. When a club like Inter, the finalist of the Champions League, looks at you, everyone else is alert and wonder why they want you. [Taremi] is a real man in a dressing room, has a very strong character and always gives courage to his teammates. It’s an example in training and a top player, from my point of view.”

https://www.ojogo.pt/8454599825/se-t...fez-ate-agora/

Comment

Comment

Starting against bad team. Bag a goal and assist please, thanks

Comment

Benfica a dropped points yesterday. Porto must win to capitalize on that

Comment

PK TAREMI TIMEEEE
              Last edited by Farhad21; 10-29-2023, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Goal yay

Comment

When was last time he score any goal for Porto other than spot?
                  2 months ago?
                  Then people argue he is pure finisher lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The speed at which I exit the stream after he gets subbed off could win a world record

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      When was last time he score any goal for Porto other than spot?
                      2 months ago?
                      Then people argue he is pure finisher lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Looool yeah he’s definitely not a finisher. That doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s our best legionnaire and he has incredible IQ and passing and the rest. But far from a clinical finsiher

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
                        The speed at which I exit the stream after he gets subbed off could win a world record
                        I think I just beat your record!

Comment

The more I watch porto games this season, the more I realize how elite the playmaking cast was for taremi 2 years ago and 3 years ago. It’s a really underrated part of the game but Otavio, Sergio Oliveira, and Vitinha played a huge role in mehdi’s statistical success.

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post
                            The more I watch porto games this season, the more I realize how elite the playmaking cast was for taremi 2 years ago and 3 years ago. It’s a really underrated part of the game but Otavio, Sergio Oliveira, and Vitinha played a huge role in mehdi’s statistical success.
                            It was definitely a symbiotic relationship. Taremi's ability to work with the midfield and other strikers (with assist to them AND finishing their assists) has made some of them look REALLY good, enough that they got some amazing signings (ie Vitinha, Viera, Luis Diaz). Obivously these are all good players on their own merit, but Mehdi made them look extra good.

Comment

Comment

Game tonight vs Estroil at home. Starts 21:15 CET.

Comment

Working...
                                X