Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zaidu is the worst player on the pitch by far. I think he's given the ball away at least 5 times in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

No Pepe took the ball off Varela not Taremi 🙂
      why would he even try to take the PK...? i expected better from the captain anyhow..
      perhaps it was because pk occured shortly after that dreadful miss by mehdi in front of the goal... Pepe probably thought its best to save mehdi from himself..? another PK miss there woulda really been a calamity for mehdi though... ... probably woulda paved his way to Saudi next..??

Comment

Mehdi peaked at Porto already and is lacking motivation. He must move to a diff team

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post
          Zaidu is the worst player on the pitch by far. I think he's given the ball away at least 5 times in the first half.
          dude aint even got game to complain about... besides his commendable Pace .... he is such a scrub of a footballer..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

why would he even try to take the PK...? i expected better from the captain anyhow..
            perhaps it was because pk occured shortly after that dreadful miss by mehdi in front of the goal... Pepe probably thought its best to save mehdi from himself..? another PK miss there woulda really been a calamity for mehdi though... ... probably woulda paved his way to Saudi next..??
            Yes I agree. Another pk miss in front of the home fans would have completely took him off his game. He seemed hungry after Eva took the penalty, as that last powerful shot from the edge of the box showed. He usually tries to hold the ball in that situation until more attackers join and look to pass it off. Hopefully we see a goal from him in the 2nd half!

Comment

There is a possibility that Mehdi might have said before the game that he wont take the PK if it's given. Overall, I think he seems to powerless, not motivated, not hungry. He doesnt seem happy and I think one thing that is bothering him is just the scoring. He's most probably frustrated and know that he's very close to lose his starting position if not start scoring. On the side note, the Swedish commentator praised him a lot, particularly his defensive hard work.

Comment

This team have no game plan at all. They really need a playmaker.

Comment

They're missing some of those 1-2s mehdi would have dropping the ball off just outside the box, making run towards the goal, and receiving and either heading/volleying the ball. He used to have many of those with Porto's old midfield crew.

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post
                    When they beat Antwerp last game he didn’t play. Much smoother team when he’s not playing.

Comment

annwerp get a man sent off.... mehdi really needs to step up and get a fkn goal now ...

Comment

toppin the group could well come down to GD... Porto need a MF sub to go for the kill and step up the pressure ..!

Comment

They’re looking to advance and cash in. I think you get a big windfall if you make the next round. From their perspective it justifies not selling someone like Taremi.

Comment

Okay so I wasn't wrong when I theorized they're not giving him the penalties anymore. It makes sense too, his contract runs out in the summer and no need to make someone who is leaving for free more in demand. Expect Mehdi to end this season with 10-12 goals tops because in previous seasons almost 50-60% of his goals were penalty goals

Comment

He’s been subbed for Junior conceicao. Game off.

Comment

Subbed off 68mins

Comment

Working...
                                X