This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
    Btw I was watching it on the Portuguese channel, and they were advertising for the Saudi league games, seems like they will cover their league? Crazy thats all it took, for them to buy a bunch of players and now EU countries will broadcast their league? I'm not hating, just surprised.
    the advertisers and broadcasters follow the money. They’ll broadcast games from Timbuktu if the big stars are there.

this was a brilliant tactic by the Saudis. Splash enough cash at big football and golf stars, legitimize the Saudi leagues, get foreign broadcasters, followed by major tournament hosting (TBD) and tourist travel. And viola, instant legitimacy in the international community (who will conveniently ignore the bone saws and the beheadings).

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

the advertisers and broadcasters follow the money. They’ll broadcast games from Timbuktu if the big stars are there.
      In France and US, paying channel will show it.
      Btw don't understand why Saudi don't give the rights to free channel as money isn't a problem for them and get the maximum of audience

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        Btw I was watching it on the Portuguese channel, and they were advertising for the Saudi league games, seems like they will cover their league? Crazy thats all it took, for them to buy a bunch of players and now EU countries will broadcast their league? I'm not hating, just surprised.
        Lol it’s not just broadcasting. They’re lobbying UEFA to get a champions league spot for the league champion too!

Comment

Everybody relax. MT9 will get his groove back.

Comment

I watched most of the game, missed maybe last 15 mins if the first half. Porto really suffering in midfield, they have no central penetration right now and a serious lack of midfielders who can effectively advance the ball and pick out a good run. On top of that Galeno is fast but frequently goes for the hero shots when it comes to the final third and it kills many attacks. Pepe and Joao Mario similarly did well to get into the attacking third but wasteful and selfish with possession once they got there. Mehdi for what it’s worth actually had a decent game but struggled to get involved as much as last season. He isn’t dropping deep like he used to from midfield or the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

the advertisers and broadcasters follow the money. They'll broadcast games from Timbuktu if the big stars are there.

this was a brilliant tactic by the Saudis. Splash enough cash at big football and golf stars, legitimize the Saudi leagues, get foreign broadcasters, followed by major tournament hosting (TBD) and tourist travel. And viola, instant legitimacy in the international community (who will conveniently ignore the bone saws and the beheadings).
              I have been to KSA. No one in their right mind would travel there as a tourist. They have pretty much nothing that a tourist would want, save pilgrimage.

Saudis have a long history of burning money for useless grand projects. As long as their money ends up in the pockets of Westerners, nobody minds.

This scheme will weaken Saudi football for a generation. Case in point...all 4 top KSA teams have been purchased by the same Saudi government fund. One owner owns the 4 top teams. This is worse than PP and Esteghlal. The competition is fake. The league is fake. The football is fake. Only fewer spots for Saudi players.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will say this again and again. Porto will struggle big time this season unless they strength their midfield. Even with Otavio, they struggled but now when he's gone, they have basically no offence in their midfield at all. Poor Mehdi.

And I'm pretty sure with this performance, they wont even manage the group stage in UCL.

Comment

Marega was freed from Al Hilal. Can't Taremi convince him to join PP?

Comment

United will bring in Toney in January. Embarrassing club. Truly the new Tottenham.

Comment

United have turned into the Cleveland browns of the premier league

Comment

Porto continuing to be greedy…

In the last few days #Milan has spoken to #Porto and the agents of taremi to understand if there was the possibility of attempting a lunge but the Portuguese are adamant by the assessment of € 30m despite the Iranian is due to expire in June 2024

Now all about #Lukaku​

Comment

there aren't really any serious pundits with links, are there...?

https://twitter.com/hatam_daddy1980/...59776516927524

Comment

koooneSooskaha haya kon
                            mehdieh maro raha kon

Comment

https://sempremilan.com/reports-port...-pushing-milan
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X