• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arj42 View Post

Now we wait for Roma, Athens, and Zagreb

Roma doesn’t matter for us since Sardar can’t play
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Roma doesn’t matter for us since Sardar can’t play
      We need to hope Roma wins as many games as they can so sardar can play in knockout games

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

I swear we have some of the dumbest, most ignorant fans in the world. These people probably think Michael Jordan was an average basketballer.
        Watch your language dude!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

If?

He's one of the best finishers in the world. He was up for the Puskas last year and scored two on England in the World Cup.
          Yes! Nothing against the guy as i think he is one of the best strikers ever but:
          1'Almost 40% of it came from spot
          2.haven't proved himself in top league yet! You consider a player top notch when he is being consistent at top league at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Yes! Nothing against the guy as i think he is one of the best strikers ever but:
            2.haven't proved himself in top league yet! You consider a player top notch when he is being consistent at top league at least!

I think his finishing is the weakest part of his game, but I wouldn't hold taking penalties against him. He handles the pressure very well.
            Also yes he isn't playing in England or Spain, but his performances in Champions League and against the big 3 in Portugal show that he can handle most big games.
            Even in the World Cup he was our consistently best player.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

his record in the CL vs high quality opposition discounts point 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I think his finishing is the weakest part of his game, but I wouldn't hold taking penalties against him. He handles the pressure very well.
                    Also yes he isn't playing in England or Spain, but his performances in Champions League and against the big 3 in Portugal show that he can handle most big games.
                    Even in the World Cup he was our consistently best player.
                    I think his weakest part is his shoots.

Comment

He isn't the most clinical finisher (like Lewandowski, Haaland, or heck, even a Toni Martinez). If he was a clinical finisher, he would literally be a top 10 forward in the world. Actually, his finishing has greatly improved in recent years. He would miss way more chances a 4-5 years ago and as recently as WC2018, many TM fans were demanding him to be dropped.

But his game is just much more than 'finishing' (which is why he thrives more in a support forward position than a lone target CF). He creates so many chances that he can afford to miss 1 or 2 and score the 3rd and still be more impactful than 95% of forwards.

He is more than a 'forward', he is a 'football player'. Complete in (mostly) every aspect and gives the team so much more than a poacher who cherry picks in the opposition box. His game is much more suited for today's game than say, a Toni Martinez, who is completely ineffective outside of the opponent's box.

His finishing is a bit hot and cold, and comes and goes along with his confidence. His finishing was a bit more off than usual to start the season (due to the failed Milan transfer), but hopefully this great CL performance will help his confidence in finishing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                        He isn't the most clinical finisher (like Lewandowski, Haaland, or heck, even a Toni Martinez). If he was a clinical finisher, he would literally be a top 10 forward in the world. Actually, his finishing has greatly improved in recent years. He would miss way more chances a 4-5 years ago and as recently as WC2018, many TM fans were demanding him to be dropped.

But his game is just much more than 'finishing' (which is why he thrives more in a support forward position than a lone target CF). He creates so many chances that he can afford to miss 1 or 2 and score the 3rd and still be more impactful than 95% of forwards.

He is more than a 'forward', he is a 'football player'. Complete in (mostly) every aspect and gives the team so much more than a poacher who cherry picks in the opposition box. His game is much more suited for today's game than say, a Toni Martinez, who is completely ineffective outside of the opponent's box.

His finishing is a bit hot and cold, and comes and goes along with his confidence. His finishing was a bit more off than usual to start the season (due to the failed Milan transfer), but hopefully this great CL performance will help his confidence in finishing as well.
                        His game reminds me of someone like Bobby Firmino who also didn’t start out as a striker but played that role so well for Liverpool. He has the ability to drop back and dictate the play, allowing the wingers to invert.
                        Gabriel Jesus does a similar job at Arsenal. They also all track back and help their defence, they are their to start the press and break up the counter to start the attack.
                        For a 31 year old he really is top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post

If he was one of the best finishers in the world, Porto would’ve advanced in CL against Inter! And don’t tear your shorts trying to argue… the biggest matches determine who is best!
                          Agreed! I was in stadium for both of those games and Taremi was not impressive at all - had multiple opportunities that he should’ve finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

I swear we have some of the dumbest, most ignorant fans in the world. These people probably think Michael Jordan was an average basketballer.
                            Please no personal attacks. Let this be first warning.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

If we have learned anything, it's that Haaland is not a clinical finisher. He and Mehdi miss more than they score..and yet all your points are valid!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

his record in the CL vs high quality opposition discounts point 2.
                                It doesn't!
                                CL is very small sample, playing 10 times a year vs Juves, Milan, Napoli, Inter, Roma(just as example) is another thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X