This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

also zaidu is a footballer. This means anyone here can make it.
    Was watching with my dad and he swears Zaidu was originally en route to join Qatar's African contingent but took the wrong plane to Porto by accident

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
      He is still good but he doesn't have the fire of last season. Seems like he's in a rut
      His overall effort levels & work rate is certainly down from last 2-3 seasons & seems to have lost a step or two ..!
      ya kheyli sarbehavaii shode! & his heart just isn’t @ Porto anymore ..!?
      or his age is finally catching up with him ..! ? 😬

even his decision making on the pitch has gone way too sluggish … kheyli FesoFes mikoneh emsaaal bara hamachi too baazi ..! :/

Comment

Honestly, if they don’t make it to the next round it might be better for Mehdi. At that point Porto may just decide to do a loan for the last few months to his new team. Like Sardar did when he left Zenit.

Comment

I watched the game in full and wonder what some of you folks are thinking? Porto, over the past 2-3 years, has offloaded the entirety of their midfield and replaced them with inexperienced or second rate players. The disparity in midfield quality is blaring every time Porto play against a quality side.

I can't even recall the number of times a Porto player either outright lost the ball or telegraphed their pass to get picked off today. How is Taremi supposed to shine like he did in previous seasons? Granted, he's a year older but it's not due to his age or lack of motivation that he's not scoring as many goals, there's minimal service to him. Porto's midfielders are predictable, making it easy to shut them and the forwards down before the ball even get's to the defensive third.

Let's hope for a transfer to a decent team with a decent midfield and then see what our boy can do.

Comment

Three things:

1. He is still playing great all around football. He even tracks all the way back on defense on several plays.

2. His shot which led to Portos goal could have been much better. That was the weakest shot I've seen him take. No confidence in it. I think he was surprised he had so much space and time.

3. Both goals by Barca were because of HORRENDOUS defending by Porto's International & Olympic Sports Forum Don't know who he is but that was bad.

Comment

Enjoyed my first every champions league match.

Porto were better for periods of the match for sure, and looked more likely to score.

Taremi was excellent first half. Second half he made a few mistakes. Overall he looked to be Portos main attacking threat, and his composure and playmaking and movement is really excellent and smart.

You felt like he was their main man and the best player for Porto in the attack, although he's no longer the fastest he still has his moments of unpredictable pressing, where he caused a Barca turnover. He also won many aerial balls.

I met a few Porto fans, they were disappointing. A bit crazy, said Taremi is the "coach's son" and he gets too much favoritism... And that they thought he should be benched more, and they think he should leave.

Barcelona had more individual brilliance moments with João Félix and Cancelo. Zaidu was awful going forwards but harder to beat defensively. João Mário seemed to be beat far too easily tonight.

Porto did decent but hard to compete considering their depth and talent. Galeno and Pepe are a far cry from Luis Diaz which could make much more of a difference for them. And considering their bench, hardly anyone formidable for them to throw on, compared to Barcelona...

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post

I met a few Porto fans, they were disappointing. A bit crazy, said Taremi is the "coach's son" and he gets too much favoritism... And that they thought he should be benched more, and they think he should leave.
                So much for the theory that the fans in the stadium are better...

I stopped caring what their fans think a while ago. It's a toxic club, from top to bottom. The sooner Mehdi leaves, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

So much for the theory that the fans in the stadium are better...

I stopped caring what their fans think a while ago. It's a toxic club, from top to bottom. The sooner Mehdi leaves, the better.
                  It was a group of 5-6 of them. Can't say they're all like this. I have another friend in Porto, she goes to the games regularly and says Taremi is still her and her boyfriends favorite player 😅

Comment

Folks, dont preoccupy yourselves on outside opinion. Just enjoy watching our national team forward play a full 90 in the champions league against Barcelona.
                    He had a pretty good game, was involved in many many good attacks for porto. Clearly the coach understands his importance even despite the recent lack of goals.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                      Folks, dont preoccupy yourselves on outside opinion. Just enjoy watching our national team forward play a full 90 in the champions league against Barcelona.
                      He had a pretty good game, was involved in many many good attacks for porto. Clearly the coach understands his importance even despite the recent lack of goals.
                      Exactly. He played really well, was the focal point of attack, made great runs, and you could tell Barca defenders were wary of him. Forced a Kounde turnover, scored an offside goal, was a key part of the Porto goal. Won several aerial balls.

And the coach decided to sub all the other attackers not Taremi.

I was pleased with his performance. He really shows he is a top quality striker, and very much a champions league level baller.

Barca could have used him rather than Lewandowski who had a poor performance in comparison

Comment

Yes, compared to the other players on Porto he did okay but compared to what we have seen from him in the past couple of years he looked slower and hesitant. He was actually served with a couple of good chances. Galano gave him a great pass on the first goal but he took a bad touch giving them time to cover him and his shot got blocked that led to the goal. Pepe gave him a nice pass on a break away but he was too slow to get to the right spot and ended up sliding with the wrong leg (right instead of left) giving the defender the opportunity to beat him to the ball. Generally, he was a little slow in ball reception and kept getting knocked off balance due to tight marking. Nevertheless, he clearly looked like the most dangerous player on the team. Their left back Zaidu looked the worst I have ever seen him play and did not look like he had recovered from his injuries.

Comment

Taremi just needs a fresh start at a new club. Ever since this past summer’s transfer fiasco, I can tell his drive on field is less than before, and I don’t blame him one bit.

He’s a much cheaper target now, they’d be utterly braindead to not unload him in January to at least make some money if there are legit suitors.

Comment

He is doubting himself and passing too often. He always missed a bunch so just needs to shoot more.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Taremi is too good for these bozos. He’s not performing up to standard either, but these guys are truly meh

Comment

https://sempreinter.com/2023/11/23/i...di-taremi/amp/

Porto apparently wants 5-6 million for him now. These goozoos went from having 20+ million offers just four months ago to this now.. what a loser management

Comment

Working...
                                X