No announcement yet.

Sardar Azmoun @ AS Roma | 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw Roma are playing Europa League this season, no qualifiers, direct spot! 🙌🏻🏆

Comment

Originally posted by Tarsal Claw View Post
      Am I the only one that doesn't get this? He's at a good team in Germany and with Schik's injuries and track record, I'm not sure leaving is such a good option. Sure he he had Holzek to worry about as well, but in Roma he's got Abraham, Belotti, Shaarawy, and even Dybala to an extent.
      I can just hear the whining right now about how Mourinho wanted to bring him just to punish him and show how much he hates Iranian players. Don't get me wrong, I hope he succeeds and kills it over there, but it just feels like he's jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
      Good points, but I assume it was Mourinho himself who reassured Azmoun that Roma would be a good fit? I think he’ll give him opportunities to shine.

Comment

Am I the only one that doesn't get this? He's at a good team in Germany and with Schik's injuries and track record, I'm not sure leaving is such a good option. Sure he he had Holzek to worry about as well, but in Roma he's got Abraham, Belotti, Shaarawy, and even Dybala to an extent.
        I can just hear the whining right now about how Mourinho wanted to bring him just to punish him and show how much he hates Iranian players. Don't get me wrong, I hope he succeeds and kills it over there, but it just feels like he's jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
        Abraham is long time injured and in Roma he now have a coach that really rates him and wanted him for a long time.

And José M is the best manager to make Sardar to get out if his lazy behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
          Nr 10 is available
          He’d probably need permission from Totti. Even Dybala rejected 10 from Roma out of respect for Totti

Comment

Comment

According to Romapress Sardar has told the club he will not participate in the Asian cup.

If that's the case, I'm personally done following him.

Comment

Sardar Azmoun reassured Roma he will not participate in upcoming Asian Cup

​Sardar Azmoun is set to sign a temporary deal with Roma.

The 28-year-old striker landed in Rome earlier this evening ahead of his medical with the capital club.

Azmoun will join Roma on loan from Bayer Leverkusen with a buy option of €12 million.

The Iran international’s arrival was met with lukewarm reception from Roma supporters who expressed concern with the player’s physical condition and his status for the upcoming Asian Cup.

However, Gianluigi Longari of Sportitalia reports that Azmoun reassured Roma that he is not planning on participating in the tournament later this year.

Furthermore, contrary to previous reports, Azmoun has recovered from an injury he suffered a few weeks ago and is expected to train regularly with the rest of the team.

The player is also not the last non-EU national the club will be able to sign this year: Roma have still one spot left on their roster as Leandro Paredes played for Juventus last year and therefore is not included in the non-EU list, informs Filippo Biafora of Il Tempo.

https://romapress.net/sardar-azmoun-...ming-asian-cup

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  According to Romapress Sardar has told the club he will not participate in the Asian cup.

If that's the case, I'm personally done following him.
                  Playing Asian cup under GN is a waste of time. Anyways maybe he said that to ease his arrival at Roma, with fans, medias and staff.
                  If he hasn't much playing time at the end of the year, he won't snub Asian cup

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Playing Asian cup under GN is a waste of time. Anyways maybe he said that to ease his arrival at Roma, with fans, medias and staff.
                    If he said that, he may have just got excited and just gave reassurances to get out of Bayer. I won't look too deep into it.

But I agree, Asian Cup under GN is a waste of time.
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post

how did they not sign ali karimi after that game is beyond me
                      Still yet to see any Iranian attacking midfielder play as well as Ali Karimi did vs Bayern and Roma
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Leverkusen also signed Boniface who is a striker. Even without striker competition, Sardar would be benched last year for a false 9, like Adli or Hlozek.

In Rome, Abraham will be out for 6 or 7 more months. Sharaway is a winger. Dybala is a playmaker (or attacking mid). So his only real competition is Belotti, who didn't score a goal for them all season. He has a much more clear path for playing time in Rome currently.

Although I don't think his Leverkusen stint was an abject failure, it seems like Sardar needs a fresh start with a new environment. Not to mention, he's upgrading his club, league, coach and the city he'll live in. All in all, it's an improvement in every aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Yea of course we won't know until the Asian cup (or if he confirms it).

But personally I'm a TM fan above all. I mainly follow Iranian players because their performances and growth have implications on TM success.

If he wants to put his personal career above TM, of course that's his choice and has every right to. He doesn't owe me shit.

I just would not have any reason to give a shit about his career at that point and waste time following it.

Just my two cents and I'm aware that many people don't think like that.

Comment

But personally I'm a TM fan above all. I mainly follow Iranian players because their performances and growth have implications on TM success.

If he wants to put his personal career above TM, of course that's his choice and has every right to. He doesn't owe me shit.

I just would not have any reason to give a shit about his career at that point and waste time following it.

Hear hear.

Also how solid of a source is SportItalia?

italian media was the same stupid media that kept printing garbage like TM to be kicked out of WC in favor of Italy.

On top of that wouldn't be surprised if Azmoun said I wouldn't be there for the September internatinal break.

Comment

I don't disagree but I agree with some other members that specified the AC under GN will be a waste of time. We're destined for a QF or SF exit (at best).

If Sardar did say that, it kinda makes sense when you're negotiating with a new club and you want to ease their concerns about your possible month long absence in the middle of the season. Not everyone is like Ali Daei and I don't expect them to be.

Plus, AC has become more of a joke competition in the last few editions. Japan sends a younger team. Korea doesn't take it as seriously. Why should Sardar jeopardize his livelihood for a joke of a competition playing for a chaghoo-kesh like GN?

Other than the WC, not much matters from a TM perspective.

Comment

This is crazy
                                The same exact day I visit Rome for the first time, Azmoun signs to Roma. I wonder if I’ll get a chance to see him.
                                Next I should go to Madrid or something so one of our players ends up getting transferred there.

Comment

Working...
                                X