No announcement yet.

Sardar Azmoun @ AS Roma | 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roma manager Jose Mourinho reacted to the team’s disappointing draw against Torino earlier tonight.

“We conceded a goal from a set-piece,” Mourinho told DAZN. “It’s difficult to play against Torino. Torino plays him very well with their physicality and intensity. It was a difficult match. We played a good match from my perspective.”

“It’s not easy to play against them. It’s not easy to play against this style of play and on this pitch. I now promise that I will no longer criticize the Olimpico in Rome, because compared to this one it seems like a catwalk.”

“People like Paredes a few weeks ago couldn’t play even 15 minutes. Ndicka and Kristensen arrived and had a very positive performance. In my opinion it was a good match, but clearly we can improve and we can always do better. Difficult match for us and very difficult for them too.”

“The feeling is of having two points lost, because this is what you feel when you concede a goal from a dead ball at the end. But great opponent, they have been preparing for this match for a week. I’m sad about the result but I’m not sad about how the players performed tonight.”

“Lukaku? He’s a fantastic player, there’s nothing else to say. There are other great strikers in other teams. I am very happy with him, Belotti and Azmoun. I like Azmoun, he is in a difficult situation and needs to work to be fit and play.”

“Playing with three more attacking players is not easy for us and our players. We have three real strikers and I like them all. Azmoun did not play because he is not in a condition to play these types of matches. The only one who could be the third attacker was El Shaarawy or Pellegrini. Pellegrini was on the bench with us more to motivate the others, he had only done one training session with us yesterday. And we are more of a team when we are all well.”

“We have improved a lot on building from the back. Paredes gives a different quality to the team. Cristante plays in another position, I really like how he fits in, like in the action in which he hit the post. He is the player who can do it when we don’t have Renato Sanches available with us. I’m disappointed with the result, but I don’t mind the individual and collective growth of the players, I’m satisfied with the boys.”

“Today I really liked the two-man midfield, Paredes and Cristante worked well together. I think we’ll go back to not conceding goals soon. People remember Ibanez for the mistakes, but he was a very good player. Smalling is fundamental for us. Today we had the doubt of having Mancini play centrally. In the end, Llorente played an excellent match. I’m happy with the boys. We look at our position in the standings and we don’t like it, but it’s better not to look at it – it won’t last long. We won’t be there in January.”

https://romapress.net/jose-mourinho-...oogle_vignette

Comment

He is not fit!
      یه چیز جدید بگو موو
      ما اینو سالهاست داریم میشنویم
      آزمون ایز نات فیت!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's very clear and exactly as everyone here has predicted.

Azmoun is not match fit...at least not when real hussle is needed.

Big team...big league...big coach...and big city..Can't get more motivation than this...get your butt in gear....big time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
          It's very clear and exactly as everyone here has predicted.

Azmoun is not match fit...at least not when real hussle is needed.

Big team...big league...big coach...and big city..Can't get more motivation than this...get your butt in gear....big time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
          Yup
          This is not Russian tokhmi league
          You have to play your best football or you are out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

he is finally being forced to get fit. If that is all that comes out of his time at roma then it will be already have been a positive loan as far as TM is concerned lol

Comment

One side effect of him being forced to be more fit is that he will be less likely to get injured every other month.

As for his primitive immune system though, that will still be a wild card.

Comment

Azmoun will not start a game unless he is fit to run 90 minutes …

jose M , is a very strict tactician , he ain’t going to play a player who can only last 60 minutes max and then pull him , he wants his players to run 90 minutes,…..

Sardar was in a much easier situation in Leverkusen, his coach Xabi alonso was much more sympathetic to him played him even when he wasn’t fit ,

in Roma , if Sardar starts a game and can not score or do anything he is done , Italian fans are not kind, especially Roma fans it is like Iran, they boo and cuss the players and Sardar is already kinda short on confidence then he will have none ,

Jose M is smart he wants him to be fit , then he throw him in a game like he did aganist Emploi hoping he scores gets some confidence

Comment

The good thing about Mou is that he is honest. He is giving Sardar direct (and public) feedback.

It's clear what he has to do if he wants to play: get fit.

Comment

So again starting the season out of shape. Same comments by Seoane last year…

Comment

so whos gonna tell him?? whos gonna tell mou??

This is the fittest azmoun i've seen for some time now.

By the way why did mou let him play in last seria A game if he wasn't fit??

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post

By the way why did mou let him play in last seria A game if he wasn't fit??
                        Cause they were up 6-0, playing in Rome, and it was the 83rd minute.

He could have subbed me in and it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          One side effect of him being forced to be more fit is that he will be less likely to get injured every other month.
                          He will get injured while trying to get fit

Comment

Sardar was unlucky that Roma got Lukaku and I'm sure if he knew they were planning to bring in Lukaku, he wouldnt move to Roma. Unfortunately as long as Lukaku delivers, Sardar wont get much playing time. And I also think that Belotti is second choice and Sardar is third.

On the side note, It's really borring to watch Serie A football.

Comment

The real question is why did Mou want a 28 year old unfit player that has never played in Serie A before?

Comment

Originally posted by aariaa View Post
                                The real question is why did Mou want a 28 year old unfit player that has never played in Serie A before?
                                Unfit doesnt mean anything, you train and become fit, i guess Mourinho sees a good player in him, he is a talented goalscoarer.

But i am not even sure if Mourinho will be Roma coach if it goes on like this, 13th on table, 5 games 5 points, 2-3 loses will be enough to make them rethink if Mourinho is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X