Sardar Azmoun @ AS Roma | 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    Everyone freaking out about Azmoun missing EL, yet it is no big deal!... Relax... here's why:

1) Roma's EL group SUCKS. I mean big time. Slavia Praha, Servette (never heard of them), and Sheriff Tiraspol are the teams... Persepolis's ACL group and most conference league groups are tougher than that

2) He will BE BACK IF ROMA GOES THROUGH. He is only left out of the group stages!

3) Let Belotti and Lukaku tire against those teams and Azmoun can play the league games (which actually matter) and shine
    the ONLY positive thing from missing the EL group games would be if he gets to amass far more League minutes as a result ..!? Nothing else..!
    this 2week break from international duty is paramount for his chances of making or breaking it at Roma..! he needs to make full advantage of this time to convince Mou he is in shape and form good enough to be counted on as a legit source of goals and solid 2-3choice striker along with Lukaku and others vying to play striker role..!!

im fairly certain he'll get either a starting nod ? or at least good bit minutes off the bench vs Empoli ..! he can ill afford to pull a Bayer here and be too timid or a slow start on the Scoring front .... Both him and Club have to have a convincing win or all hell will break loose for him and his coach there ..!!

Comment

The fortunate thing for Sardar is that except for Belotti, they do not have any attacking players that can put in a solid 90 minutes. He will get plenty of minutes if he is healthy. The fact of the matter is that he had ample time to establish himself at Leverkusen but he was way too passive in my opinion. He needs to be demanding service the way he does at TM and Zenit.

Comment

Training pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxIbY2oI7CC/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxDxKD1oBnI/?hl=en

Comment

Azmoun is warming up, he is ready for Mou: the debut is approaching

The Iranian is aiming for his "first" at the Olimpico. The injury suffered in the summer is now behind him, he took advantage of the break to regain the right condition

Rome awaits Sunday with trepidation. The long international break is over and Mourinho's team will finally return to the field against Empoli. A challenge awaited by all members of the club: from Mourinho to the fans, but above all by one of the summer signings, who has yet to make his debut in the Roma shirt: we are talking about Sardar Azmoun. The "Iranian Messi" took advantage of the break to better understand the dynamics of the Giallorossi dressing room, carrying out his first training sessions with José Mourinho, giving up the national team (probably without participating in the Asian Cup) precisely to immerse himself in his new adventure.

Against Empoli there is a great possibility that the Special One will give him a piece of the match. Dybala is not at his best, Lukaku returns from two intense weeks with Belgium and still doesn't have 90 minutes left, but Mou is calm: he has a player who is in form, also ready to start.

Negotiation
          After a contact way back in 2021, Azmoun is finally in the Giallorossi. On the evening of August 23, Tiago Pinto, after reporting to Atalanta that interest in Zapata had vanished, called the Iranian attacker's entourage to understand the feasibility of a possible transfer. The good relations between the agency (Epic Sports, ed.), the Portuguese GM and the management of Bayer Leverkusen meant that the deal was closed in the early afternoon of that Thursday: the negotiation went through on the basis of a loan with the right redemption set at 12 million plus bonus. But, beyond the good relationships of the three members who handled the deal, what made the difference was the player's strong desire to wear the Roma shirt: Sardar has always dreamed of playing for Mourinho, who already during his time at Zenit he admired his talent.

And in those days at the end of August, there had also been some timid contacts with Milan while some Premier League clubs had already appeared, but when faced with the call from Roma, Sardar didn't think twice. With a smile always on his face and the happiness of having arrived in the capital, Azmoun now aims to stay in the Giallorossi club for a long time and hopes for redemption at the end of the season. But there is still a whole year to play.

Ductility
          With all bureaucratic problems resolved, Azmoun is ready to take the field on Sunday evening against Empoli. In fact, during the week the club took steps to sort out all the missing documentation, which had not allowed Sardar to sit on the bench in the last match against Milan. The Iranian footballer will now have to work hard, coming off a season, the last one played in Germany, which was certainly not positive. But this, for Azmoun, represents an additional incentive to archive the recent past and concentrate only on field work.

And his tactical flexibility, another factor that pushed the club to invest in him, will be very useful to Mourinho in the chase for fourth place, given that he will not be able to be used in the Europa League. Azmoun will be able to act as a second striker next to one of Lukaku or Belotti in a 3-5-2, while when Dybala is on the pitch he can easily take on the role of center forward. Concentration, high morale and the desire to do well starting on Sunday: Sardar Azmoun is ready to take flight.

https://www.ilromanista.eu/news/as-r...to-si-avvicina

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            starting on Sunday: [B]Sardar Azmoun is ready to take flight.[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

https://www.ilromanista.eu/news/as-r...to-si-avvicina
            nice 👍
            been a long, loong while since ive been so hyped and eagerly awaiting and looking forward to a Sardar's Club game...!!

Come On Sardareh IRAN vatan......! 💪 on Sunday.....BETTER-KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON....pesar..!! 💥 💪

Fly Pelican..... FLY ......!!
            Come On.... PELICAN.!! 🚀

Comment

His jumps are so high and with such strength, my worry is just knackering his knees and ligaments when he lands

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Meanwhile L'Kuzen killing it SO FAR in Bundesliga!
                Away 2-2 draw vs Bayern
                Topping the table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  Meanwhile L'Kuzen killing it SO FAR in Bundesliga!
                  Away 2-2 draw vs Bayern
                  Topping the table

They are so much better than last season. Additions of grimaldo, xhaka, Hoffman are huge. Offensively way more balanced without running everything through diaby. Boniface missed big chances today but is for sure a handful, but more critically they are actually feeding the 9 in dangerous spots unlike last season.

Comment

Mou ssid Sardar wasn't in good shape when he joined Roma
                    I don't think anyone is surprised!
                    He said Lukaku will start

Comment

#Mourinho : "We have good players. Azmoun worked very well and is close to being in good condition. Paulo will be there"​

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

#Mourinho : "We have good players. Azmoun worked very well and is close to being in good condition. Paulo will be there"​
                        😥
                        so it seems close but no cigar ..!:/
                        let’s hope he’s given decent minutes off the bench then ..!?
                        this is all but a must win game for mou so if tied or tailing still in 2nd half I’m sure Sardar will be given minutes tomorrow..!

Comment

Sardar is in the squad list for tomorrow. Hope he makes his debut.

Comment

If Dybala is healthy then he’d be a likely starter along with Lukaku ..!
                            with Belloti & el shaarawy dude also likely ahead in picking order, I’m afraid that’ll likely mean very lil if any minutes off the bench for an apparently still unfit Sardar ..!?
                            on Second thought i forgot they got an EU Cup fixture coming up on following Thursday... and another league fixture 2-3 days after ... so likely Mou will be forced to give some thoughts about fatigue factor too which will favor Sardar's positive playing minutes chances tomorrow and next weekend league fixtures..!! 🙏
                            Last edited by BacheLot; 09-16-2023, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I wouldn’t set expectations too high just so we don’t become disappointed.
                              Todays game - 10-15mins best case scenario
                              EL game - N/A
                              Next weekend - possible start/30mins off the bench

Comment

Still putting money on him scoring if he is subbed in. My man with the last goal of the match to seal JM's first win this season!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X